Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Am I the only one that takes hater's insults to heart?

BrainyBrony

I personally do not take comments to heart, in fact for pretty much anything I do not take insults to heart unless the insult is directed at me personally - and even then, even though I am initially hurt by those comments, I do not respond to them by questioning myself or my own motives unless I see an actual piece of legitimate criticism underneath the insult. But that is very, very rare.

I am still frustrated by a lot of haters' comments, though. Sometimes it is because the hater is ignorant and refuses to be open-minded and learn, but sometimes it is because I can tell what a terrible person the hater is... I remember a long time ago someone linking a hater video on a thread in this forum, and the guy was going on and on and on about how bronies don't get any fucking pussy. Seriously? That hater was a sexist and disrespectful pig. I would much rather be friends with even some of the creepier "ponies are my life" bronies over that hater.

The worst part is that, for many haters, I know that what I have to say will not have any affect on their minds. They are closed-minded and will not consider any other opinion that doesn't kiss the hater's ass.

I'm pretty sure that I wouldn't care about the haters at all. Since, even if they intend on doing something they wouldn't go out with it at all so it would just be saying nonsense.

You talking about random internet haters? Nope, not at all. Their hate is way too impersonal. Their words hold no weight for me; let them talk all they want.

If it was someone closer to me, it would have more effect but not so much that I would drop out of the fandom. 

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I don't really take them to heart at all. They're usually fairly amusing to read because of how misinformed the poeple who make them usually are. In fact I'll admit that it can even be entertaining to watch how riled up some bronies get because of these comments.

I think I'd only take their comments to heart if the, weren't total nonsense like (ur dumb. kill yourself) and they attacked something I had personally worked on.

Actually scratch that. I don't even think that would bother me.

Edited by Jalaton

Firstly I'd just like to say something about the title. I'm just going to say that you would never be the only one.

Secondly, those haters saying they want you dead? You feel sad about that? Well then, find that part of you that cares, load it into a cannon and fire it right back at those haters with the words 'You mad bro?' stamped across it. Seriously, that's how I get by. I simply don't care about what other people think or say about me. If I want to walk into a supermarket with an eighth of a strawberry cheese cake in a cup balanced on my head, then I will, and I will do so not caring what other people think.

It's all a frame of mind. Those haters will expect you to respond in a certain way to what they said. So you should always follow my simple rule: TWIST THERE WORDS. Here let me show you an example: (This wont be very realistic, people on internet generally don't spell this well)

Hater: Stupid bronies, I hope they all die.
Brony: What's this, you hope you die?
Hater: NO, I said I hope you die, f*****g retard.
Brony: And you're retarded as well? Sure, I can see why you want to kill yourself but remember, suicide is never the answer.
Hater: I'm not retarded, you are you f*****g ass.
Brony: Now, now. We can't help you unless you're willing to admit there's a problem.
Hater: I don't have a problem, you do! Watching a show for little kids, f*****g paedophile.
Brony: Wait, you're a paedophile as well? My, my, you are one unfortunate person.

And, well you get the gist of it. Some people might say that responding to haters is like throwing fuel on a fire and a waste of time. Well, I have the time to waste so I say Burn, Baby, Burn.

So that's my advice, simple don't care and drive the haters into insanity by trolling them to death. It's so amusing being able to push people's buttons like that.

• Brohoof 2

I'm a sensitive person so it usually does bother me, but I try to remind myself, that theres always going to be someone who dislikes/hates you. It doesn't matter who you are, what you act like, or what fandom you're in. Alot of haters have low self esteem, so they try and make someone else feel bad so they can feel better about themselves. Others are just close minded jerks or trolls with nothing better to do. Don't let it get to you. Kill them with kindness or just ignore it. They HATE it when you do that. :)

I have one problem, I don't like when people don't like me. So when I see all of the hate that the fandom gets, it hurts but I take that hate and turn it into anger and retaliate. Now that is probably the worst thing I can do, but it helps me personally to lose my shit and freak out in the brony hater video's comment section. So yeah, I do take the insults to heart, and I turn it into anger.

I normally just brush it off, but it crosses a line when people start accusing bronys as "pedos" just for watching MLP.

It is an horrific accusation to make against anyone for no reason and it has ruined peoples lives in the past :(!

I normally ignor hates though, all there looking for is a reacrion, best not to give one.

hello let me tell you a story a few days ago when i was looking throught the internet i found a lot a vids that said stop clopping to ponies the poeple had no respect for any part of the bronies and it made me think wtf do they care what people enjoy then i found vids just hating on bronies and i blew my fuse i want nothing more than to bicth slap every hater i could my friend told me about a faceboook that was made to just have brony hate of us on it i looked it up and the sheer horror of all the ignorance and blind hate made me lose faith in the world for a few mins in that time i hated on the hater i posted despicable things and got into a heated argument with him i won i beat his sorry plot into submission and he erupted into a rage i will never forget it was funny as a get out. then i just some answering him and sat there I took a moment to calm my mind and tried to remember why I did it a lot like him I could not come up with a good reason to save my ass. I gave into my hate I said to myself why why did I do it no answer came so I opened a tab and began to listen to brony music all filled with love,hope and tolerate and saw what a true good person was in my mind It did not match what I saw on facebook I felt shamed but then I made a promise to myself so love as many people as I could and tolerate the ones I could not so we can work to a world were everyone can be happy that is a dream held in the heart of man as a whole and the dream will never did as long as people who can still dream walk this earth.

post-17818-0-33600900-1374542823.jpg

(edited)

Having a personality that, regarding this matter, is a mix between Rainbow dash and Fluttershy is even harder. Due to that pain compression usually leads to the explosión itself, I really can't close my eyes by own will to any unfair matter.

"The higher the sensitive in your heart, the closer you will be to fully understand the value of everything in this life"

Problem is that this usually leads me to take almost any insult, really close to my heart.
I can understand they probably had a harsh life as well, but that doesn't give them any right to act like that. And is kinda hard for me to remain unaltered against something unfair. There is people outside that is sensitive and might be suffering for such selfish acts.

Yes, maybe I earned some respect by casting fear upon many "people" during my life. But couldn't otherwise, was actually impossible to show them respect, and then expect for them to take it as a deed of consideración instead of inferiority or submission.

Suffering is a great teacher. Maybe not the most fair, but it's indeed. But to be able to learn something from it, you have keep it in your heart, thing that the hater usually doesn't tend to do because is painful. So that is the reason why I use fear as last resource, as barrier contention for the pain itself, which teach the soul to apreciate the good things in this life. I called it "contrast reaction" Like the value of little flame in the middle of cold a night. The bigger the night, the greater will be the flame's value.

Yeah, I'm not only studying psychology.

Anyway, apologies for my english. Is not my first language.

Edited by They call me Loyalty

(edited)

Meh, I don't take their insults to heart. They are just wasting their time and life talking trash and berating us because they don't have a life and need to spark hate and sadness in us, so they can have a point in living. Honestly, haters are very pathetic and get more pathetic as time progresses. They live to find ways to anger and hurt us. Also, the ones that want us dead are cowards in real life that don't have the guts and are more bark than bite. Basically, they are internet "tough guys". I put that in quotation marks because there is nothing tough about them. -_-

I don't see what the big deal is anyway. We are not hurting anyone by liking ponies and being part of the fandom. Haters really need to use their brains for once in their lives and grow up. Don't like it? Ignore it. Pay no mind to it. Use common sense! :angry:

Edited by SmartyPants
  • Brohoof 1

Just don't pay them any attention. At the end of the day, you're enjoying the show you like and are part of an awesome fandom, and the haters are angrily ranting into a monitor about how they don't like something they don't understand. 
Which one sounds better? 

At this point, no matter how insulting the haters can get, it just doesn't bother me. You know why? These people and their 'opinion' are the equivalent to dirt beneath my feet. Why should I care about what they think when they are THAT idiotic? Quite a few of these people are so stupid that I cannot even get the motivation to defend the show. What is the point? When you are dealing with brainless idiots that are fueled by the views of society, it really is a lost cause.

No, I can easily ignore them. I've had too many conflicts on the internet to not be used to it by now. I don't insult them either; I don't consider myself to be some holy god that is better than others just because they take the time to hate on a cartoon.

And yes, I know 'Haters gonna hate' but that doesn't change the fact that these insults really get to me. Does anyone else feel the same way?

First off, while I agree with you. This "Haters gon Hate" mindset is something that needs to be conquered. You can't just write off any form of critique as someone being worse than Hitler as far as hating ponies go. Sometimes, I repeat some, these people's complaints are legit. Here's an example:

If someone says All bronies need to be sent to a termination camp, that's when you can write it off as irrational hatred

But if someone says "I really wish bronies could be less annoying" then they just have a problem with over saturation of pone, which even I can understand. And we, as a community, should work towards getting over that.

Now then to answer you, No. I feel a tinge of rage everytime I read another post stereotyping all of us into being mindless pedophiles that obsess over ponies too.

• 3 weeks later...

I did at one point and time of my life, but as I got older I learned, Buck the haters! they don't know you? and they have no reason to hate you end of story.. and you know what? if you do take what those jerk stores say to heart then you are letting them win... so don't.

I know it hurts, but don't let it get to you. I know a lot of ponies love you for who you are!

post-16621-0-92468700-1376347588.jpg

• Brohoof 1

I'm not the kind of person who can tolerate harmful or evil opinions and behavior. I just can't live and let live; the mere knowledge that out there is a person who hates and wishes harm on someone else drives me crazy. Reading hateful opinions makes me sad and I can't just ignore them or be indifferent.

Call it weak and immature if you must, but this attitude of mine has helped me become a better person. I wouldn't abandon it for anything.

I see hater comments quite frequently on YouTube. I don't like stereotypical comments, nor empty ones, such as stating that we all clop or that watching the show is gay. I generally try an assertive approach and talk it down with them: ask them if they've actually watched an episode, or ask them if they like aviation. Otherwise I'll just leave since there's no point trying to "tear down this wall" that I can't knock down.

Besides, most blunt insults don't really get to me, not to mention few people wouldn't want to waste their time posting hate comments that don't get any attention.

First off, while I agree with you. This "Haters gon Hate" mindset is something that needs to be conquered. 

Not really, sure there may be some legitimate criticisms but there is a big difference between criticizing some of the more unsavory aspects of the brony fandom and just unfairly hating on every brony as if bronies have some kind of hive mind or something which is far far from the truth. And there are some criticisms which are bullshit and I am not just talking about the more over the top ones like them all being homosexual pedophiles, some of them are just petty nonsense like "how dare they ponify *insert character/show name here* they are trying to push it on us". Really? Nobody is holding a gun to their heads and forcing them to see this and yet people bitch about this like whiny little babies. Sure spamming ponies and bringing it up out of nowhere is annoying, but there are tons of things that have been way way more oversaturated that nobody makes this argument with so really.

• Brohoof 1

I felt the same a while ago, but I started ignoring the youtube comment sections.

Most of the comments down there are spam consisting of, but not limited to the following:

- thumbs up if

- 0:00ne more time

- trollng attempt

- religious and or political shouting competition (not a debate)

- scammers

To also make myself feel better against the haters, I remember this. I watched the video to enjoy it and to make me happy, the hater is wasting his time fighting a pointless war in the comment section about his absolute hatred of a child's TV show. Yeah, who's the crazy one again?

• Brohoof 1

I'm not sure anyone really 'hates' bronies. It's like anything else online. They're just talking shit because they know they can't be punched in the face over the Internet.

There's a saying I heard once, not sure of its source. "Living with hate for others is like drinking poison and expecting them to die." I'm paraphrasing here, but you get the idea.

• Brohoof 3