Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Sudden realization

CutenessOverload

Hey everypony, here is my thought. In canterlot wedding Spike was supposed to make a bachelor party. And i think we all know what they look like. Strippers, pole dancers, lap dancing, gallons of alcohol, shitloads of fun. So.... if things like that exist in equestria, then in theory a pony could have a pole dancing cutie mark:

post-16022-0-94532000-1375010442_thumb.jpg

Now my life wont be the same. I Totally want to go to Eqestria :D

• Brohoof 7

(edited)

>implying ever bachelor party has such (icky) things

Believe it or not, not every one is okay with those kinds of things. I know many people who are against consuming alcohol whatsoever; I am also one, myself. Certainly they wouldn't have it around for their bachelor party. Same thing with strippers. People are against such things, and they wouldn't allow them to be present at their bachelor parties.

Who's to say Shining Armour is accepting of those things (if they even exist in Equestria)?

While, yes, most bachelor parties involve such things mentioned, the entire idea of a bachelor party varies in content across cultures and countries and etc. in real life.

Who is to say they think in the same manner as any of us?

Edited by Iroe
  • Brohoof 1

bachelor party is stereotypically different in every country and since mlp is from states i went for american one. 

also the point of bachelor party is for the groom to have last evening of freedom before marriage, so yeah bachelor parties always have alcohol and often dancers :D

but if you dont like it, im totally okay with that :)

(edited)

haha that's really funny, I liked that. 

Believe it or not, not every one is okay with those kinds of things. I know many people who are against consuming alcohol whatsoever; I am also one, myself. Certainly they wouldn't have it around for their bachelor party. Same thing with strippers. People are against such things, and they wouldn't allow them to be present at their bachelor parties.

Who's to say Shining Armour is accepting of those things (if they even exist in Equestria)?

I don't mean to be rude: but aren't you taking it a bit too seriously? sure you got a point if we did get to see Spikes bachelor party I'm sure it wouldn't be strippers etc, and yeah some people dislike some of thing things you said. But I think the comic strip was meant as a joke myself :)

Edited by Asherdangerdash
  • Brohoof 1

I think you sorta miss what he meant.  What is to say they can't have cuties marks like that and the only time I've seen that kind of reply is from 4chan.

That would be interesting to see actually.

bachelor party is stereotypically different in every country and since mlp is from states i went for american one.
Yes, MLP is from the states.

That does not mean anything, though.

Equestria has princesses. The States does not have princesses.

Something being present in America doesn't mean it'll be present in Equestria.

I don't mean to be rude: but aren't you taking it a bit too seriously?
I most definitely am.

I just like to be negative about anything and ruin people's happiness/fun.

Ohys_Kin%60iro_Mosaic_-_01_74.png

• Brohoof 1

Well, given the fact that Spike literally had no idea what a "bachelor party" entails, and indeed didn't realize that it should happen BEFORE the wedding, it makes the inclusion of it merely a joke for older watchers to enjoy. It should not be used to make assumptions about Equestria and the nature of cutie marks.

In other words, don't read too much into a simple brick joke.

• Brohoof 2

Hello!

Didn't know Spike was such a Pimp  :lol:  .

And..... No. Well, perhaps... Who knows what kinds of things there really are in Equestria, but I'm not betting my money on strippers. I could imagine a "Hugster" though. A pony that hugs you for money :P.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)
I just like to be negative about anything and ruin people's happiness/fun.

well i have to say that you failed this time :)

im still jolly as hell, willing to go there.

but seriously, i know that you can say 'this is kids show, there are no such things' , but only because you havent seen it, doesnt mean it doesnt exist, in PYHD episode we all saw that ponies can be actually rude, and taking it further, hostile as well. the royal guards arent there for no reason, and even considering that eqestria is (in my opinion) better place than our world, it is not perfect. they also have crime ->theft, assaults, hell propably even murder, but of course they wont show it in kids show.

TL;DR eqestria is actually darker place than it is shown in tv

Edited by CutenessOverload

While, yes, most bachelor parties involve such things mentioned, the entire idea of a bachelor party varies in content across cultures and countries and etc. in real life.

Who is to say they think in the same manner as any of us?

Whoa, You're taking it WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY~ too seriously.

It's a freakin' joke. Don't get your panties in a bunch. You're ruining the fun for everyone  >_>

• Brohoof 1

It's a freakin' joke. Don't get your panties in a bunch. You're ruining the fun for everyone
<-- this guy knows what i mean:)

the fact that Spike literally had no idea what a "bachelor party" entails
, the fact that it was mentioned implies that such events have or had place in equestria :) also relax, im not telling you that this is cannon or anything, just presenting my view which i find amusing

Whoa, You're taking it WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY~ too seriously.

It's a freakin' joke. Don't get your panties in a bunch. You're ruining the fun for everyone  >_>

041a82ab.jpg

I most definitely am. I just like to be negative about anything and ruin people's happiness/fun.

iknowimbeingtooserious

i know that you can say 'this is kids show, there are no such things' , but only because you havent seen it, doesnt mean it doesnt exist, in PYHD episode we all saw that ponies can be actually rude, and taking it further, hostile as well. the royal guards arent there for no reason, and even considering that eqestria is (in my opinion) better place than our world, it is not perfect. they also have crime ->theft, assaults, hell propably even murder, but of course they wont show it in kids show.
I've never seen a human with 17 eyeballs. Does that mean they're around? No.

We can only say things exist if we've seen them in the show, or have been implied concretely enough. Assumptions are a no-no.

Well, given the fact that Spike literally had no idea what a "bachelor party" entails, and indeed didn't realize that it should happen BEFORE the wedding, it makes the inclusion of it merely a joke for older watchers to enjoy. It should not be used to make assumptions about Equestria and the nature of cutie marks.

In other words, don't read too much into a simple brick joke.

>tfw no one harks on you for being 2srs4thread because mod

;_;

(edited)

It's a friggin' kids show, for christ's sake. Besides, don't we already have fan/clopfics for that kind of stuff? I mean, I know I might be repeating some others on this here thread, but come on. 

Edited by AlbinoThunder

>tfw no one harks on you for being 2srs4thread because mod

;_;

No one harks on me because I'm being reasonable. Being a moderator has nothing to do with it. I was awesome before I became a mod, and I'm awesome now. ;) I've said my piece, so have fun!

Pretty sure that alcohol may exist in Equestria because of Pinkie Pie's "the punch got Spiked!" joke in Owls Well that Ends Well.

But that's pretty much the only part of a stereotypical bachelor party that we can safely assume exists. Bachelor parties in my family consist of a barbecue with beer and lots of male family members and friends. There is a time for honoring the groom for his goodness and also time to socialize. I don't think that an Equestrian bachelor party would have a barbecue though, because they are vegetarians... so... maybe just a huge dinner?

Rarity's and Rainbow Dash's faces in that comic are hilarious. Although I must say, I don't really see the point in having strippers in Equestria when most ponies are more than comfortable walking around naked.

• Brohoof 1

I went to my friend's bachelor party last friday and there were no strippers or lapdancing and only a little alcohol was involved.  Not everyone has a raunch bachelor party.  Also, what would be the purpose of Equestria having strippers? Most ponies walk around naked anyway.

While I am sure there are ahem those kind of bachelor parties in Equestria Spike probably had something much more innocent in mind when he mentioned it. I personally think it is very unlikely that Shining Armor's bachelor party would have strippers as he might feel as if he was cheating on Cadence if he saw a stripper but it is likely for it to have some alcohol as I could very easily see him enjoying the occasional drink even if he probably dosen't make it a habit to get drunk. That is not to say he is complete boyscout though as if I loved a woman that much I would probably feel the same way and getting drunk has never really appeal to me anyway and I am way way too perverted to be a goody two shoes. Trust me on this one ladies and gents Cadence and Shining Armor probably had a very "interesting" wedding night if you know what I mean.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 months later...

If anyone had a stripper pole cutie mark, it's be Sweetie Belle. lol

I would hope that stereotype of strippers and such at bachelor parties is not the norm, because I'd be very hurt if I found out that's what my fiance was doing before marrying me :(  I can't see them doing that in Equestria, though.  Especially with a baby dragon in charge of the party.

• 7 years later...
On 2013-07-28 at 4:21 AM, CutenessOverload said:

Hey everypony, here is my thought. In canterlot wedding Spike was supposed to make a bachelor party. And i think we all know what they look like. Strippers, pole dancers, lap dancing, gallons of alcohol, shitloads of fun. So.... if things like that exist in equestria, then in theory a pony could have a pole dancing cutie mark:

post-16022-0-94532000-1375010442_thumb.jpg

Now my life wont be the same. I Totally want to go to Eqestria :D

I noticed how Rainbow Dash is making the same face she did when she was trying to get away from Pinkie in episode 5! :kirin: