Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How do you feel when you wake up realizing you got to go to school

Metallic Strings

Have you ever felt the feeling that you stomach is tying into a knot and falling out your bottom at the same time and you brain jut wants to melt out you ears to get out of going and while all of this is happening, a looming cloud of dread is setting over and no matter how you try, you can't shake it? That's me five out of the seven days of the week.

Waking up at 7:10am, having to lug my hide out of my comfy warm bed, all in all I don't mind much to be honest, I kinda have a usually massively funny day in School normally, I just hate the morning wake up, once I have a shower I am wiiide awake heheh.

Kinda annoyed at first because its time for school but then I realize its going to be a pretty easy day most of the time and just enjoy the taste of my breakfast and the feel of my shower and just move on with my day. Before I know I am out for the day at lunch because of my easy schedule 

Even 12 years later, i still occasionally dream that I'm in school for whatever reason my mind could concoct.

Oh God, I thought I was the only one who has such dreams. I graduated from college almost four years ago and about once a week I dream that I'm still in school, sometimes in the middle of huge assignments. When I wake up, I'm always confused as all gets out.

I only sometimes had that feeling because the my high school bus came at just after 6:30 but I made sure to be in bed before 10. It's not the same working my 9-5 job. I can get up at 8:15 and still be on time.

"My eyes stuttered as I slowly awoke. My nose was stuffy, and my mouth felt dry. My body was satisfied by the recent sleep I had covered, and, for several moments, I simply laid there in bed. My thoughts were empty. My eyes were hesitant to open, and I then yawned as I stretched my arms out. I finally peered over to my left with my eyes still at rest when there was suddenly a faint, red light interrupting the darkness. I weakly opened my eyes to see numbers. Numbers that controlled the speed of my life. Numbers that trigger the moment of everything. Numbers that you can hate and love. But, here, it was a specific set of numbers that appealed to me as the numbers that instruct me... OH, SHOOT, SHOOT, SHOOT, I AM LATE, I AM LATE."

-Joey The Boey, 2015

• Brohoof 2

usually I wake up at 7 and the first thing that comes to mind is "I have 4 hours of relaxation before I leave"

if I wake up at any other time past 7 this comes to mind "fucking hell!"

either way I'm well rested but I like having more time to go on the Forums and play Skyrim

• 2 weeks later...

Well, if this is a sudden realization, I'm probably already late and that usually means a mixture of anger, sorrow and annoyance. And that means a not very motivated student.

It probably wouldn't be a good idea, considering many different aspects... but if you don't want to "wake up" to just have to go to school, you could always go to sleep just as you arrive home from school, and wake up at sometime around like midnight, so that way you have some time to just settle before you have to go to school. I mean... It certainly wouldn't make you feel as stressed and all, and would be very much more easier for those who have difficulty waking up any time earlier than what is "average" for them such as myself.

I wake up..."Damn its cold today" I get a jacket first thing and put it on, walk out into the kitchen "Wtf? Its even colder in here" I do my slow daily routine and then I walk into the living "Is it gonna get any colder??"

Then I hear a bus horn...The bus has been sitting outside my house for 15 minutes and I have been taking my time getting ready XD And my brother left the front door open letting snow blow in, pretty much happens every morning I am just to tired to notice the door open.

I felt depressed, tired, angry (especially when somebody wakes me up), numb & worthless. I wake up, usually asking "Why? Just Why?" Never once did I wake up smiling. Never once was there anything that made me want to go to school. I still have nightmares where I wake up still in class, realizing I wasn't paying attention or that I forgot what went on the previous day. People who had positive experiences at school don't have that happen to them. 

I'm just grateful I managed to make it out in the end. I'm happier now that I'm free. 

School, work, frankly all right. I mean yeah, some days are harder than others but honestly I feel good getting up to do something productive.

It certainly feels better than having unintentionally slept half the day away and having your available daylight hours cut in half.

• 3 weeks later...

Well I make nonhuman sounds while I manage to turn off my alarm clock, which is a hassle when you wake up at 6 in the morning. Then I just lay in bed for about 10 minutes, struggling to keep my eyes open. And if I fall back asleep and wake up too late, I become a madwoman.

Edited by MissPurpleBookworm

University life is pretty flexible, though that said, the annoying mother who'd wake you up every morning was a godsend! I didn't realise how much I took it for granted back then. Anyway, If I'm going to a 12pm class, then I'm like "Hells yeah! I've got all the time in the world", otherwise it's the general 9am class which I'm not enthused about. I end up dragging myself along the footpath, eyes drooped and struggling along there with a thermos of coffee in hand. 

I used to feel kind of pumped to get there, but things get reasonably busy. You can't really afford to waste time in the later years of Uni.