Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Are Pinkie Pie and Applejack Related? (S4 Spoilers)

Sir.Flutter Hooves

Hello,

After watching the Season 4 sneak peek video, a song called Apples to the Core came on which was sung by the Apple Family and Pinkie. Here's the video in case you haven't seen it yet:

The first two lyrics of the song are "We traveled the road of generations. Joined by a common bond" 

Does this mean that Pinkie and Applejack share a common ancestor? Maybe called Apple Pie? What are your thoughts about this?

• Brohoof 7

Maybe. 

I think we'll just have to wait.

I honestly don't care too much for speculation, but that's just me.

If you wanna waste your time thinking about things that could be completely wrong, be my quest :D

It would be interesting if they were related, though...

• Brohoof 1

It struck to me as a distant possibility, but nothing more. I would just surmise that Pinkie Pie somehow convinced Applejack to bring her along for the ride. Nonetheless, I wouldn't be too surprised if they did reveal Pinkie to be some sort of distant cousin to Applejack. 

(edited)

Holy crap! I havent even thought about that. This is an interesting thread, i was also wondering why Pinkie Pie was in the video. They have both worked on a farm and both earth pony, but Pinkie could just be helping the apples out dont you think?

Edited by Crystal Empire

There's a part where Granny Smith sings to Pinkie that she's "always welcome if your Apple kin." I think there might be a possibility of them being distantly related and just not realizing it until now.

• Brohoof 2

I was thinking about Pinkie Pie joining the apple family and Applejack and crew welcome her with a fancy song talking about what the Apple Family is all about, but you theory isn't bad either.

• Brohoof 2

I think not.

I think Pinkie Pie is just being annoying and clinging to the Apple family. Like when she wouldn't leave Rainbow Dash alone in Griffon The Brush-off. Being the tolerating, rational pony Applejack is she will have accepted Pinkie, no doubt.

However, that would be extremely awesome if they were related. I really hope that's the case! It will bring a new light to Applejack's character, which, isn't one of the best right now, let's admit... Poor AJ.

Maybe it's just referring to the fact that they're all earth ponies.

And we still don't know the context of that episode. It's likely that it has to do with Pinkie and her being away from her family, too. So she just joins in the family life of the Apples to be brighten up... Wait... Pinkamena?

Well they both have roots in the farming industry, Applejack/Apples Pinkie Pie/Rocks. who knows though maybe Pinkie Pie gets adopoted, like me, lol.

Then Pinkie Pie will become your favorite pony and you'll go on the internet and commission a Pinkie Pie plushie for $450 like you did with Rainbow Dash. ;)

If Pinkie were related to AJ, wouldn't she have found out by now and attended the reunion?

Most likely PInkie was just tagging along with them because it seemed like fun.  She's already an honorary family member.  No big deal.

Of course, there is also the crazier possibility: that Pinkie and Big Mac are going to get married.

170054+-+artist+madmax+big_macintosh+pin

• Brohoof 4

Then Pinkie Pie will become your favorite pony and you'll go on the internet and commission a Pinkie Pie plushie for $450 like you did with Rainbow Dash. ;)

I've actually already told Adam that I may end up commmissioning all the mane 6 from him due to his awesome plushie making skills. I think AJ will be next though as she is second best pony IMO. Anyways I think if would be cool for them to be actually related, even distantly.

• Brohoof 1

If Pinkie were related to AJ, wouldn't she have found out by now and attended the reunion?

Most likely PInkie was just tagging along with them because it seemed like fun.  She's already an honorary family member.  No big deal.

Of course, there is also the crazier possibility: that Pinkie and Big Mac are going to get married.

img-1702496-1-170054%20-%20artist%20madm

Big Mac is probably the only pony who could tolerate Pinkie's over-the-top super-crazy antics for long periods of time.  The guy is so mello that it would probably contrast well to Pinkie's hyperness.  Also, that picture is super adorable.

Hmm, I hadn't really thought about that, but suppose it's possible that one of her parents is related to Granny Smith's parents in some way. I'm pretty sure this is the episode where Pinkie visits her family, so that would explain the Apples coming along.

But I'm hoping the story is more friendship-based than family-based, i.e. Pinkie has some emotional issues related to her family, and Applejack offers to come with her for support, and then they decide to just make it a proper road trip party.

• Brohoof 3

K my mind just got blown for a minute i never thought of that till right now Apple Pie woukd make sense maybe cousins or something

• Brohoof 1

Pinkie is known for breaking the fourth wall. Why couldn't she break family barriers? :P

But in all seriousness, I like the idea that they may be distantly related through a common ancestor. Both come from farming families after all, and Pinkie's already an honorary member of the family (The Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000) after all. Will be interesting to see what's happening there.

They could be distantly related...

Y'know, I kinda think that this is the episode where they visit Pinkie's family. It makes much more sense if they're related, it's like a mini family reunion or something.

I dunno, I haven't fully thought it out so if it sounds bad, that's probably it.

I don't think so. I think Pinkie Pie was just there to help the Apple Family to pick apples or something, or the "common bond" was just a regular friendship.

Doubtful. More likely is that it's referring to the rest of the mane six being 'honorary family members', ah la Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000 episode.

I refer to my close friends as family all the time. It's not that unusual, y'all.

Well, Pinkie and Applejack . . .

- are both from farming families, which were originally from another land.

- both are involved in a family business.

- both have two siblings.

- both are highly skilled bakers with big appetites.

- both are extremely sociable and popular in Ponyvile.

- both are pretty fast on their hooves.

- both can use their bodies in unusual ways (AJ can grab and move things with her tail, Pinkie can bounce like a ball)

- both are earth ponies around the same age, living in the same town, at the exact same time.

. . . so, yeah, it could be possible.

• Brohoof 5

Well, Pinkie and Applejack . . .

- are both from farming families, which were originally from another land.

- both are involved in a family business.

- both have two siblings.

- both are highly skilled bakers with big appetites.

- both are extremely sociable and popular in Ponyvile.

- both are pretty fast on their hooves.

- both can use their bodies in unusual ways (AJ can grab and move things with her tail, Pinkie can bounce like a ball)

- both are earth ponies around the same age, living in the same town, at the exact same time.

. . . so, yeah, it could be possible.

You forgot one thing, they are also both earth ponies. All of your similarities between the two and the one I just added equal a high percentage of capability to be related!!!!

While my preliminary guess is that their connection is a very strong friendship, I wouldn't be shocked if we learn that there is also a biological relation.  With all the family records Granny Smith keeps, anything is possible. 

Apple Pie, indeed.  :P

• Brohoof 2