Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Pencil or Pen?

Zero000

48 users have voted

1. 1. Pens or Pencils

• Pens
    • Pencils
    • Marker/Crayons :3
    • Why in the name of Mike do you want to know this...

Pencils because I make a lot of mistakes and I love the option of having to erase. I really hate it with pens that you have to go back and cross it out and make ugly marks on the paper. Pencils are also easier to sketch and draw with. In particular, I prefer mechanical pencils because I don't like sharpening things.

I manifest my thoughts on paper with pure godlike talent.

As a device to record thoughts in paper pencil is superior as is accounts for the fallibility of man and allows corrections.

Also pencil doesn't smudge off so bad with moisture or introduce possible deteriorating materials and acids to the paper that can cause damage over time making pencil notes to remain even for the benefit of historians looking for documentation in the distant future of our era.

Edited by Pencils
  • Brohoof 2

Ticonderogas. They're better than any pen ever, no exceptions, and they're erasable.

I guess I prefer pencil because I make mistakes occasionally and like having the ability to erase rather than cross out or white out. Let's face it, whiteout looks horrible. If you're using a high quality pencil with a high quality eraser, you won't get ugly smudges, so that's sort of a moot point. Pencils are also superior for doing sketches and stuff (though going over it with pen afterward does make it look nicer). And for the sharpening issue, there are always mechanical pencils.

EDIT: I just read Ary's post. Creepily similar

Edited by BowlArt64

Pencils, usually 6H or mechanical.

6H pencils for technical work and mechanical pencils for everything else, because they have all the benefits of pencils but rarely go blunt.

I have bad handwriting and most pens make it look 10x worse! With pencil my writing looks alot cleaner and smoother.

This is the reason I tend not to use pens.

• 7 months later...

Ok, since I found no evidence of a thread like this, I might as well ask...

Which do you like using more, pens or pencils?

Personally I like using pencils, they offer more control, and the sound they make is just awesome, plus you don't get ink everywhere.

Pencils. Though I like pens too. I can draw better with pens actually. Though I like to draw with pencils more for some reason.

I definitely prefer pencils. Since I do a lot of drawing pencils are very common around my supplies. Plus, you can erase them instead of blotting them out with an ugly white splotch of whiteout.

Pencils. Mechanical pencils. I hate plain old wood ones since I always end up sharpening them down to the last bit in the first hour I get one. Mechanical pencils obviously never get short, so they're awesome.

I could've sworn this was already made, I even checked but I couldn't find anything.

As long as I'm here,

Pencils are the best. No contest. I mean seriously you can erase what ever you write while even if pens are more formal, if you make one mistake, you lost all of the formalness.

Edited by Viridi RaccoonBL

I use both, the nice thing with pencils is areas that are shaded in look better than they do when you color them in with a ballpoint pen. And they do have a nicer "feel" when you draw with them than with pen. Plus, they always work :)

I prefer pencils. They are not so messy as pens and you can erase easily.

Although I always chew the other end of pencils, especially when I'm nervous. Bad habit.

Next time when thinking of a topic, use the search feature beforehand~

I think he did. Heck, even I did and I couldn't find it, I just made a lucky guess on the fact it was a duplicate thread because I remembered something like this.

Anyway, yeah still pencils.