Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your Responce To My Little Dashie

Jamesblorg39welsh

I would guess at least 60 to 70 percent of people on this forum have read my little dashie, now could somepony honestly answer these questions 1 did you cry because I did? 2 do you think Celestia and the other 5 were jerks for taking dashie? 3 am i the only pony who thinks there needs tone an official part 2 ? 4 can we all agree that this would be better if derpy was in it?

• Brohoof 1

1. I did indeed.

2. No, Rainbow Dash belongs to Equestria. She isn't from the human world, and if they let her stay there, what will happen to the Elements of Harmony? It's like placing something that's not supposed to be here.

3. The story already came to a conclusion, the main character technically got his happy ending.

4. Derpy isn't supposed to be involved in this. It's a sad fic, Derpy would have honestly ruined the scene.

• Brohoof 3

1. A little.

2. Absolutely not, Dashie belongs in Equestria and it would be wrong to keep her here.

3. No, the story's fine the way it is.

4. What? No. 

1. No. I have only cried during Not my Destiny and Que Sera Sera. Those two, especially Not my Destiny (The sad part is the second to last appendix), are much sadder then My Little Dashie.

2. Rainbow Dash belongs in Equestria, certanily not in the human world.

3. I'm not a fan of the fanfic (I'm a fan of the auhor though), but I will sayhat adding a sequel would ruin it.

4 No. Definitly no.

1) Not in the slightest. To be honest, it's not in the least bit sad. There isn't enough time to bond with Dash given the short length of the story, and the bland narrator had no emotion (he has about as much charisma as a loo seat). Plus, Dash is always pictured to have her cocky show persona, so she wasn't the right character. Should've been a filly Fluttershy.

2) No, they were just worried for their friend. Plus she's an Element of Harmony, she belongs in Equestria. :)

3) Probably not, but I disagree. The story doesn't need a sequel, and people would be bitter if it didn't go the way it did in their shite renditions of it (seriously, there are like 4 bazillion fan sequels and they're all terrible)

4) Derpy is more of a cameo character. A figure that pops up and can be propagated as a meme. She doesn't fit.

• Brohoof 3

I would guess at least 60 to 70 percent of people on this forum have read my little dashie, now could somepony honestly answer these questions 1 did you cry because I did? 2 do you think Celestia and the other 5 were jerks for taking dashie? 3 am i the only pony who thinks there needs tone an official part 2 ? 4 can we all agree that this would be better if derpy was in it?

1. Of course who didn't.

2. The other ponies were only doing what they were told to do. But for Celestia it a whole other thing because she said how Dashie's father couldn't come with them to Equestria. I mean really. He has nothing left for him on earth if they take Dash. So why can't he come with as a pony so he can live a happy life with his daughter.

3.It'll be nice if there was I guess.

4. You can never have too much Derpy.  EDIT: But for this story. *turns to Derpy* Sorry Derpy but no.

Edited by zombie king24

1. Yes. Only the first time. It surprised me because I don't cry very often but a mixture of paternal instinct and getting really into the story caused a minor feels attack. After reading again I realized it's not that well written and I didn't find it sad. But that first time I wasn't looking for errors, I was just like DASHIE DON'T GO ;_;

2. Yes, he should have slammed the door in her face and made a run for it

3. Part 2 would ruin it, it was not meant to have a sequel, as the ending makes you feel happy and sad at the same time and there is resolution. More chapters in the middle about Dashie growing up would be great though, there's so much story that could be told about the 15 years Dashie was stuck inside that dude's house

4. Derpy is already in the story, she's wearing a Celestia suit

1. No, but I felt bad for the dad having to lose a relationship he had invested so much time love and effort into

2. No, she shouldn't have been on Earth in the first place, she belongs in Equestria

3. No, not everything needs a sequel. I actually prefer a little open-endedness it leaves room for interpretation and imagination on the readers part.

4. No, just no.

1. I got a little misty eyed but it didn't last.

2. No they were completely reasonable even though the situation wasn't ideal.

3. Maybe. Could be an interesting read.

4. Derpy does good by not fitting in a lot of situations but not here.

1: Yea I did....I've cried from nearly every fan fic I've read.

2:  Sorta, but Dashie didn't belong in our world, she belongs in Equestria. Though if they took the guy and turned him pony, he could've went with them.

3: I don't think so, it went wit ha nice finiish, no real loose threads.It's fine as is.

4: No. Derpy has no place in this fic, it's meant to be a sad fic about Dashie....not a comedy.

1.) No but the ending did leave whatshisname stranded, which is sad

2.) I wouldn't call them jerks, but the narrator had been with Dashie for over fifteen years. To suddenly loose all he has left is pretty terrible, but Dashie had already been great friends with the mane 5 for a long time though she has forgotten. Maybe letting her stay would have been the better option? After all, I'm sure many people give up their pets to people who actually love them more than the previous owners, so why not Dashie?

3.) Did Finding Nemo have a sequel? Sometimes the best stories are best left cut off from a potential sequel. But Most fanfics have good sequels (and bad ones). I found this one (haven't looked at it yet): http://www.fimfiction.net/story/5284/my-little-dashie-a-sequel

4.) My favorite pony? The mane 6 aren't really tied strongly with Derpy, so it wouldn't make much sense to include her.

1. Did you cry? Because I did.

I've got a heart of stone, with veins of gold in said stone. So no, but I did think it was sad. Just not enough to make me cry.

2. Do you think Celestia and the other 5 were jerks for taking dashie?

No. For starters, her element of loyalty. They need that.

Second, she truly didn't belong in the human world, even if she did adapt to it.

Third, no-body wanted to do it. But it had to be done. And they felt remorseful.

3. Am I the only pony who thinks there needs tone an official part 2?

Cue spongebob refrance... Now

PART TWO? PARTWOPARTWOPARTWOPARTWO

4. Can we all agree that this would be better if derpy was in it?

She wouldn't really fit in the story, in my opinion. Why would she come? Derpy isn't one of her close, personal friends. So no.

1.) I didn't literally cry, but I definitely had a lot of emotions inside after finishing it, and my eyes got slightly watery. Only slightly!

2.) Of course not. Think of it this way: if your best friend was sent to another world, wouldn't you want to bring your friend back as soon as possible? They just wanted their friend back, and plus; Rainbow Dash belongs in Equestria, not Earth.

3.) No. Definitely, no. It would ruin the whole bittersweet ending, and would lose a lot of the feeling the fanfic originally had if ROBCakeran made a sequel with a happier ending. I like the current ending; it's satisfactory, and bittersweet.

4.) Heck no. I can not think of one oppurtunity where Derpy could easily be implemented into the story. She's not known to be good friends with the Mane 6 in the canon universe, so if she was put into the story, I think it would probably end up feeling forced.

No I didn't actually. It is a sad story and I almost did cry, but it actually takes ALOT to make me feel that sentimental.

No. Dashie belongs in Equestria. If she stayed on Earth, The Elements of Harmony wouldn't work and Equestria NEEDS them if anything bad happens. However this guy thinks otherwise.

http://youtu.be/8avIBQbYgbc

If Dashie's dad could go back with them to Equestria that would be better, but I don't think that's possible.

I think the story has good closure and a fairly happy ending for the dad. At least he has pictures and his memories. I don't think a sequel is needed however it would be interesting to get more detail on what happened during those fifteen years Dashie was on Earth. Not too much detail to where it gets boring, just the big stuff. Kind of like Tarzan and Bambi 2, they came after the first movies but are actually prequels. I think that would be a better idea for this story.

If you want a sequel, this one is really good. I really like the mystery that pops up in the middle. Well I wouldn't want to spoil anything, here ya go:

But pay attention or you might get lost with who's narrating. Also skip the FAQ after the 12th chapter.

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/5284/my-little-dashie-a-sequel

Edited by Wingin'Wolf

1.)  No comment.

2.)  Yes, and I don't think canon Celestia would have acted that way.

3.)  One was enough.  I don't think there needs to be another.

4.)  It wouldn't really matter, as like Citrus King said, the plot was almost completely independent of Rainbow's personality.

5.)  This was sadder:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=do6RDSwaWek

• Brohoof 1

I think I'm about the only one who thought it was seriously overrated. I didn't even finish it. I couldn't help thinking that in reality, the "dad" brought home an empty box. Everything else was his delusional fantasy.

Then again, couldn't everything we know of only be a delusional fantasy *thematrix*? The story is fiction, so there's nothing restricting the story from saying that there is a filly named Dashie in that box  ;).

1.) No but the ending did leave whatshisname stranded, which is sad

2.) I wouldn't call them jerks, but the narrator had been with Dashie for over fifteen years. To suddenly loose all he has left is pretty terrible, but Dashie had already been great friends with the mane 5 for a long time though she has forgotten. Maybe letting her stay would have been the better option? After all, I'm sure many people give up their pets to people who actually love them more than the previous owners, so why not Dashie?

3.) Did Finding Nemo have a sequel? Sometimes the best stories are best left cut off from a potential sequel. But Most fanfics have good sequels (and bad ones). I found this one (haven't looked at it yet): http://www.fimfiction.net/story/5284/my-little-dashie-a-sequel

4.) My favorite pony? The mane 6 aren't really tied strongly with Derpy, so it wouldn't make much sense to include her.

. Well actually there is going to be a sequel to finding nemo it's called finding dori it comes out in 2014 as for the derpy maybe they could have had her serious like she is in the song isn't it great to be different

1. Yeah I cried a bit

2. Dash belongs in Equestria and her friends would surely miss her if she stayed on Earth. She needed to go back.

3. No I don't think there should be I liked the ending just the way it is. No need for a sequel.

4. I don't see where they could have brought Derpy in and she probably would have made the story worse. So I'm gonna say no.

1. Just a few few tears, but I was left with a pretty big sadness for the rest of the day.

2. Given the fact that for them it was only 15 days and for us it was 15 years they wouldn't understand the feelings going through the main character, except for Celestia. That, and Dashie belongs to Equestria, the main character knew so too from the very beginning and only took care of her until they came to take her back.

3. There is an approved sequel but I don't see it as a sequel, the story ended at the right moment. 

4.. The feeling would've been the same even if Dashie got replaced by Derpy, except for some scenes and preferences Dashie had in the normal world the story would've gone generally the same as it did now. It wouldn't matter now, plus Dashie is a good character, Derpy had no place in this fanfic anywhere.

1. No, but then again it takes alot for me to cry, although i did feel sad. But i couldn't cry if i wanted to i don't think.(Also I can never cry from the fic again, due to a certain  and his reading of it over a skype chat :Pledeledelledel

2. Well,  it was kinda harsh to have them take him away, but then again she didn't belong there, so i'm not sure if they had much of a choice.

3. I don't think a sequel is necessary, its been  wrapped up, so not much left to say about it.

4. Dunno how derpy would fit in the story frankly, so i don't think it would have been necessary or added anything.

Edited by Zygen
  • Brohoof 1

No it wasn't.

Snowdrop, in my opinion, is just near the line of Mary Sue. Basically she's always acting like she's some "special snowflake" as she doesn't even try to accept the fact that she is blind nor deal with it. She's an outcast when, given the information in the show, ponies would actually try to assist her rather than taunt her. And the automatic friendship with Luna...no.

But I'm straying off the topic; you have your opinions, I have mine. But it honestly seems a bit clear that Derpy evidently doesn't belong in a fanfiction that's not supposed to even show her. Like I said, it would ruin it as it makes no sense at all.

From what I've heard, this is supposed to be the saddest fan fic in the brony fandom.

I have seen fan made videos and content of it, but never had the time to read it.

I do respect the fame and attention it gets, but I'm not the type that's into sad fics, sorry.