Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

First ever My Little Pony video/image etc?

Revy ~ Two Hands

Long before I had even heard of a show called My little pony: friendship is magic I came across this video and was like...this is the best thing I have ever seen/heard. Took me some time longer to find the show and watch it on YouTube but without this video I would never have known the show existed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2R677MV--WI&list=RD02CoPH5zESuJM

What introduced you to MLP:FIM?! :o

Edited by Gamer Twilight
  • Brohoof 1

There were of course, various images I saw before this, but the first major exposure I had to ponies was a post on the Smosh Pit. It was entitled something like "cutest characters that will take over the world" or some silly name like that, but anyways, Derpy, (or rather, what they called "the derpy dozen") was number one, and I thought that she looked very cute. It wasn't until later that I started seeing more ponies due to youtube videos, and most infamously, cs188's "Pooping The Charts Vol. 7" youtube poop mashup.

Edited by Modphazon
  • Brohoof 1

My first pony video thing was.....this.

Yeah, kinda random. I was completely oblivious to bronies and the fandom, though my interest was sparked pretty quick. It then proceeded to the Grand Galloping Collab and my first actual clip of the show was Twilight going crazy in lesson zero. Then, my life changed forever.

Depending on how you read that last part, it could have been very touching or insanely cheesy. Take your pick.

Edited by Kyoshi
  • Brohoof 1

This is what got me and my friend to notice MLP: FIM

First time we saw this and saw RD's stats I was like OMG, me and my friend were watching this like "This is the best thing ever" and we laughed at the end when {Spoilers}........................... RD just ate a Transformer. 

A week later I decided to watch the first episode of MLP because I didn't know what all the Hoo ha was about and I wanted to find out. Once I saw the first ep I was like... "This is the greatest s*** ive ever seen..." and I watched the rest form there. :D Edited by ChivalryKnight
  • Brohoof 2

My first Pony thing i ever saw was  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQaisack_jc The Pony.MOV series... I loved it! Then I got curious what This was about and I saw alot people saying things about bronies. I found out it meant MLP:FIM lovers/Fans of the show and I was like "Really? adult men, Well I Can't really Say anything about them untill I watch the show I guess..."  Then, IM HOOKED

IIRC, this was the first time I ever saw MLP:FiM. I was looking up Street Fighter II footage at the time. This wasn't enough to make me a fan of the cartoon instantly, but I remember thinking how awesome that little blue pegasus was. :)

Still awesome!  :wub:

• Brohoof 1

I got introduced to the show by my cousin when she showed me At the Gala (the episode).

Best day of my life. And it also happens that Soarin' appears in that one episode, so that probably explains my obsession with him.

• Brohoof 1

The first ever pony video I watched wasn't actually the one that got me into the show, it just made me acknowledge it a bit more. I still had pretty much neutral feelings for the fandom at the time. My brother showed me "Moonbase Alpha provides a realistic simulation of life on a natural satellite" and we couldn't stop laughing at it together. Then we saw the MLP version in the related videos and decided to watch that, laughing just as much.

Before watching that, I had briefly acknowledged that there was a new guilty pleasure going around called My Little Pony, and I thought nothing of it. But I found it pretty funny :)

I only got into the show after joining a livestream of S2E15 when it was airing. Discovered this whole "guilty pleasure" thing was huge, and subsequently went to watch it. :)

• Brohoof 1

I remember my first pony video like it was yesterday

Rainbow Dash Presents Captain Hook the Biker Gorilla....

I remember this popping up on my recommended videos one day and just randomly watching it. I was intrigued, I watched the rest of the RDP series and loved them all /)^3^(\ This lead to me reading Rainbw Factory leading me to looking up exactly who Rainbow Dash was which lead me to wondering why the hell all of this cool stuff was based off of My Little Pony. I watched it, it was great. FIN

Edited by NocturnalRainbow

I was introduced to the show by 4chan I think on /b/. Really early, though I despised its existence a few months later my friend told me to watch it, I said sure why not, and winter of 2011 I watched it and i've been a brony ever since . 

So, i didn't really have a first pony video.. If anything it was The Grand Galloping Collab

i'm not proud of that fact... 

Edited by Pathora

I don't know of an exact image, but I'm 99% sure it was pony avatars on a Bionicle/Lego forum I used to go on. I didn't think anything of it, just that it was another small fad that would die out in a few weeks, and was only on that one site. This was back in late 2010-early 2011.

lol the first ever ever ever thing brony related was a clop image aaand yeah bronies didn't quite come out as the most respectable group at first. The first thign pony related I saw was something in season one which I was just watching with my niece and I was all like "hey this ain't too bad"