Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have you ever responded to a greeting meant for somebody else?

Xievie

Urgh... That feels when you DO respond to a greeting meant for somebody else.

It happened to me back in middle school when I thought a friend that I looked up to was speaking to me. Since then, I've never really responded to people until I looked around and confirmed they were looking at ME.

How about you guys? Ever had that embarassing moment?

• Brohoof 7

It happened to me, when I thought that someone was calling my name to say hi but I turned around and the person was actually talking to my brother. I felt pretty embarrassed, when that happened.

It's only happened a few times in my life, but when it does it's one of those things you carry with you all day.  What's worse is when it looks like someone is physically calling you, and it's actually for someone behind you.

1245687211186.jpg

• Brohoof 4

At a Renaissance fair, a young woman employee said to a baby nearby: "Well, aren't you a cutie!" I thought that she was talking to me, so I turned around and replied: "Thanks. You aren't too shabby, yourself." She then looked at me with an expression that, to this day, I can't really describe and said: "I was talking to the baby..." At that point, I could feel my ears and face turning red. Without even think, I responded by saying: "Oh... Well... I still standby what I said." I then let loose an awkward smile, turned around once more, and walked away.

• Brohoof 5

At a Renaissance fair, a young woman employee said to a baby nearby: "Well, aren't you a cutie!" I thought that she was talking to me, so I turned around and replied: "Thanks. You aren't too shabby, yourself." She then looked at me with an expression that, to this day, I can't really describe and said: "I was talking to the baby..." At that point, I could feel my ears and face turning red. Without even think, I responded by saying: "Oh... Well... I still standby what I said." I then let loose an awkward smile, turned around once more, and walked away.

You made me laugh so hard XD i'm sorry. thats really embarrassing, were any ponies you knew around you? iif so i feel sorry for you XD

I'm gonna add my own story, :3

In middle school there was like 100-200 kids in my grade.

I used to go by my first name, so there was a few colts with my name.

In 7th period english class there was another colt who shared my name.

I'm sitting in my chair, 2 very cute mares walk into the class and say "Hey Edward".

i looked  around in shock (because i hardly talked to anypony >.<)

I waved to the girls and they gave me the dirtiest stink eye ever. XD

• Brohoof 1

That awkward moment when there are 2 other "Joe"s in your class, and you are the least popular among them. I'd always respond when people called out for Joe, and they'd always say "I wasn't talking to you" in the meanest possible way. It's not my fault I respond to my name.  :blush:

That's not much of a problem anymore, though. Most of the time I can tell when another Joe is being addressed besides myself. Which helps, since there are now 4 other Joes.  :blink:

You made me laugh so hard XD i'm sorry. thats really embarrassing, were any ponies you knew around you? iif so i feel sorry for you XD

I'm gonna add my own story, :3

In middle school there was like 100-200 kids in my grade.

I used to go by my first name, so there was a few colts with my name.

In 7th period english class there was another colt who shared my name.

I'm sitting in my chair, 2 very cute mares walk into the class and say "Hey Edward".

i looked  around in shock (because i hardly talked to anypony >.<)

I waved to the girls and they gave me the dirtiest stink eye ever. XD

Yeah, my whole family was with me. They had a good laugh at the time. By the way, you don't have to say that you're sorry about laughing. The way I see it, if you can't look back at your past without laughing, you must of had a really crappy(pardon my Dutch) life.

The thing about the girls for you really sucks. But hey, look on the bright side: At least you have another story to tell!

uhh. Yeah. If I have.

I've done this so many times it's getting annoying, haha. Once there was some random guy walking on the street, i thought he said hi to me.. But he didn't ;_;

Yeah, it happens to everyone, so when I'm subjected to it I always just play it off as a joke. Like I make it obvious that I made the mistake and say something along the lines of "Oh. Well, hi anyway!". Always gets a laugh out of 'em.

Alpha as fuck B)

Edited by Tricksy Lewlamoon

It has happened to me on multiple occasions actually.......... More than once at work, which is really annoying. Then of course there are the really tricky ones where some ass is on their bluetooth device when they come in the store and say hi to whoever they are talking too and I say hi back only to realize that they are talking on the phone. I die a little on the inside every time that happens.

Like a boss  ^_^

• Brohoof 1

Yes and it's super awkward. I think I normally put on my "whoops" face and just walk away quickly. It's even worse when the person who I thought was greeting me was someone I had never seen before which means it's highly unlikely they would greet me as we passed each other by. Unfortunately, since I don't want to be rude I instinctively greet someone if I think they greeted me; there's not enough time to realize the greeting is not for me. 

Honestly there has to have been so many times in middle school when someone yells out jordan, I look back reply and it wasn't meant for me, the kids at my school dont seem to have any decency either so they make fun of me for that as well. There was at least 20 times when someone yelled out my name in seventh grade and it wasn't meant for me. Freaking hate that feeling.

Edited by Huntailstrike

Yea, I've done it a few times....even my fursona name at conventions(there's only so many different names).And to this day, I usually don't respond back unless I know it's me they're talking to.

Like, My parents watch Nascar, and there's a "Kyle Busch" in the series...I sometimes forget, and hear them talking at the TV...I got the same name.

No, I have never responded a greeting meant for someone else because I know very well that no one would ever want to greet me to begin with. That's the cold, hard truth.

Yeah, my whole family was with me. They had a good laugh at the time. By the way, you don't have to say that you're sorry about laughing. The way I see it, if you can't look back at your past without laughing, you must of had a really crappy(pardon my Dutch) life.

The thing about the girls for you really sucks. But hey, look on the bright side: At least you have another story to tell!

naw it's all good xD, i have a nice life :3, i don't really care for girls, i have the perfect girl already. i love her and she loves me ^-^

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, it actually happened with an old crush of mine. So it was back in 6th or 7th grade I believe and this girl I had a small crush on called out to where I was standing but really she was just trying to get the attention of this other guy next to me that she happened to have a crush on.

So yeah, epic fail! :P

I'm lucky because my name is so unused in the English language and so rare that I can never EVER get confused with another, which is a big plus. Really, it's the ONLY bonus to my name.

Edited by RistroxD

Yeah... Having really good ears at times can be annoying. I hear someone call my name and I start looking around only to find that there is someone else that shares it. That, or I don't find anyone in my area and I'm just left confused.

• Brohoof 1

Happens to me ALL the time! It's so embarrassing! What's even worse is when they're on a handless device, and they suddenly look at you, say hello, and then start having a conversation with themselves.

Yes all the time. Like when someone says "Hey!" in the hallway in your general direction. And you are like "Is this person talking to me. Or some one behind me." it is so annoying. These are the type of things that drive people insane.