Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your favorite pony cooked something horrible just for you... What do?

Rethajni

I know you wouldn't want to hurt Fluttershy's feeling but what good does lying do? I personally think you'd be hurting her more by lying to her. 

I suppose it would be a lie of omission-but what would be gained by hurting someone who you love-who has gone out of their way to do something nice for you?

Just because you don't happen to like it, doesn't change the thought and intent of the heart. I'd say it could be brought up gently at a later stage in the relationship, but on a first date with all the nerves that are associated with it? No way.

If Rainbow Dash invited me to dinner I'd almost faint. If she said that she cooked the meal herself I'd 'squee' and probably blush. If it tasted bad I'd hide it just to bring a smile to that awesome face! I'd ask if we could do something again sometime, and how she exists here and invited me of all people.

I would first be surprised that Dash had asked me out to dinner. Then when I see the food see made I would make a remark in my head about how it looks disgusting. Then I would eat it, because even if it looks disgusting, it still has a high chance of being somewhat good.

(Well I'll be speaking from my OC's point of view here.)

Well I'd be uber excited because well, a middle class unicorn such as myself having dinner with a super powerful unicorn with a high reputation is near to impossible! I mean, she's THE Trixie! After I'm done trying to remember my name, I'd get in my best attire and spend about 8 hours to fix my mane!

When I see the food I'd be all like "Trixie? In the kitchen? Making her own food?" I mean, a mare of her level should have be able to have a butler or something. But I would think it's sweet of her to make it herself.

And lastly. I'd try my best not to throw-up. And smile as innocently as possible. "Trixie, if it's one thing you aren't great and powerful at, it's cooking." Course I wouldn't say it that way, but I'd be honest, but not brutally honest. I'd even offer to help cook it again~ That's if she doesn't destroy me with her hormonal rage. :3

I don't think I would care about how bad the food made by a cartoon pony is. I'd be more wondering how the hell a cartoon caracter is our world. But if so, Applejack would just make some sorta apple food, and I don't see how you can screw up anything if its made from the apples of sweet apple acres.

but what would be gained by hurting someone who you love-who has gone out of their way to do something nice for you?

Yes I can where you're coming from. This doesn't mean you still can't be polite saying that the food taste bad. After all the truth hurts but a lie is a lie.

Edited by Ember The Dragoness
  • Brohoof 1

Yes I can where you're coming from. This doesn't mean you still can't be polite saying that the food taste bad. After all the truth hurts but a lie is a lie.

I have a real life example of this-when my wife and I were dating, she used to make me French toast. I hate French toast! I brought it up to her gently after we were married-she said that, had I said anything in the beginning she would have thought it was her fault, that she was a terrible cook (she's actually a great cook!), and that it would have hurt her a lot because she really tried to make it nice for me.

Did I lie by not telling her I didn't like French toast immediately? Yes-I suppose I did. Would I do it again to spare her feelings? Absolutely!

• Brohoof 1

I have a real life example of this-when my wife and I were dating, she used to make me French toast. I hate French toast! I brought it up to her gently after we were married-she said that, had I said anything in the beginning she would have thought it was her fault, that she was a terrible cook (she's actually a great cook!), and that it would have hurt her a lot because she really tried to make it nice for me.

Did I lie by not telling her I didn't like French toast immediately? Yes-I suppose I did. Would I do it again to spare her feelings? Absolutely!

Cool Example! I like it when people use real life examples!

I suppose you got me there. I still think it's a bit weird to put her in a false sense of security (not sure if that's the right term but whatever) believing you'll basically eat anything she cooks. But I guess if it's to protect her feelings it's justifiable. 

• Brohoof 1

Cool Example! I like it when people use real life examples!

I suppose you got me there. I still think it's a bit weird to put her in a false sense of security (not sure if that's the right term but whatever) believing you'll basically eat anything she cooks. But I guess if it's to protect her feelings it's justifiable. 

Don't misunderstand me-I think your moral argument is valid-honesty is the best policy nearly all of the time. I guess I try and spare people's feelings when I can though-and if that means I have to eat French toast :(  for a while-I guess it's not too big a price to pay.

Nice talking with you!

• Brohoof 1

Tell the truth to fluttershy and say it taste bad and next help her cook and next invite more ponies to come to the dinner so it'll be the best dinner evar 

• Brohoof 1

I have Twi and Pinkie as my favourites so here's what i would do with Pinkie

If Pinkie would invite me i would burst from joy.

When i fould see that it's a terible dish than i will be surprised becouse she's a great cook.

Than i would probably smile and tell her the truth.

And here's what i would do with Twi

If she invites me than i would be all like:Yesssssss

When i fould see thst that's the food i hate i would be worried.

Than i'll be honest.

Excited as all hell to have Luna cook a meal for me. Till I realise all she had to cook before freedom was most likely moon rocks.

I'd still eat whatever she cooked....It might poison me but its the thought that counts and I couldn't hurt Woona's feeling :P

Well I would be delighted to have dinner with Fluttershy although we have nothing in common. Still it would be shocked and quite exited. 

I am not too much of a fussy eater but I wouldn't eat something that doesn't taste nice. But since Fluttershy is very timid I would have to pretend that I like it.

Well... Yes, I would because if don't and say it looks revolting she might take it seriously and feel really bad about it. 

1. No freaking way. No way. Of course ill go! Why wouldn't I?

2. Hmmm.... I don't know about this.

3. I'll act casual. True I will not like it, but I will play it off and find some other way to tell her it was horrible.

I really like your posts. Like the favorite pony in front of you, and this one. It's all so fun!

• Brohoof 1

Rainbow Dash cooking...that's an interesting concept to ponder.

If she invited me to dinner, my first reaction would be:

How on Earth am I supposed to get to Equestria? There must be a way if she invited me.

Then there would be the problem of getting into and staying on Rainbow Dash's cloud home. I could go to Twilight to get the walk on cloud spell I guess.

When the food was brought out, even if it was something truly awful...I still eat it anyway. RAINBOW DASH cooked it for me to enjoy in her company, she could of invited anybody in the world, and she chose me. I'm going to enjoy the food and the company if it's the last thing I do :D  

Well, I would be thrilled if Rarity invited me to dinner. First, 'cause she's best pony, and second, I would be eating dinner with a talking pony.

My reaction to the food? I guess I would just pretend I love it, and it can't be THAT bad.

I would eat it. Also, it's RARITY! I would suck up and eat anything for her, let alone a talking pony.

First I'd be more than stoked that Fluttershy invited me for dinner.

I'd honestly be pretty shocked to see the food if it looked un-appetizing as she seems to make some pretty amazing looking things for Angel Bunny, and the soup she made for Philomena actually made me go and make some soup of my own... but I'd probably just assume she was trying something new that didn't go so well and knowing her, she is probably already rather self conscious about it.

Finally, I'd definitely eat it. And if there was more than one thing to eat, I'd certainly eat the grossest stuff first and more palatable stuff for last, then complement her on what I liked about it (and probably keep to myself what I didn't like, unless she asked... in which case I'd be very polite but honest. Only if she asked though).

I've already got 4 years experience combined between girlfriends who were terrible cooks that I managed to stomach their over-spiced and sometimes a "remarkably accurate to dirt" flavored cuisine. Despite the food not always tasting fantastic, I always appreciate the effort when someone goes out of their way to cook for me :D (especially if that someone was Fluttershy!)

• 7 years later...
On 8/21/2013 at 7:45 PM, Balareth said:

Your favorite pony prepares a dinnier for two, and the food is something you know it tastes awful

First ¿your reaction that your pony invites you to dinner?

Second ¿your reaction when you see the food?

Third ¿you will eat it?

Eat it with a smile :nom:

You'll never know what dessert you will get :squee: