Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Pinkie Pie VS Pinkamena

Onylex

Pinkie Pie or Pinkamena?  

61 users have voted

1. 1. Which Pinkie do you prefer?

• Pinkie Pie
    • Pinkamena
    • indifferent ~ post a comment for reasoning (optional)

Okay...  I must apologize in advance if this becomes a rant, but here it is again, this thing that I'm always having to point out about this topic in particular.

The character's full name is Pinkamena Diane "Pinkie" Pie. 

Notice that "Pinkie" is in quotation marks?  That is because it's a nickname.

Pinkamena's real name is not Pinkie, but it's what her friends call her as a sign of affection.

In the show, Pinkie Pie's hair has been shown to be straightened out on 3 different occasions.

1. when she was still a filly living the hard life on a rock farm and had not yet discovered happiness and laughter

2. when she thinks her friends have abandoned her and starts to go mad out of depression

3. when her cutie mark is switched, and she is trying to run the apple farm, which makes her unhappy

The straightened hair is a reflection of Pinkie's emotional state of depression, not that she is a "psychopath."  In fact, it can be argued that even in her normal, cheerful state she is capable of psychopathic behavior.

Fellow creepypasta fans tend to think that the "Pinkamena" side of her comes from the short story "Cupcakes," in which Pinkie Pie tortures Rainbow Dash to death and bakes her into cupcakes.  However, most people fail to note that the Pinkie Pie in this story is normal Pinkie Pie.  Rainbow doesn't call her by her real name, sticking instead to the familiar nickname, even though her friend is killing her.  Pinkie Pie's hair in this story is its normal poofy form, and she has the same goofy, cheerful attitude as always, cracking jokes and laughing at stupid things.

There is absolutely no evidence that creepypasta Pinkie Pie is any different than the character from the show.

conclusion:  Is there any difference at all between "Pinkie Pie" and "Pinkamena"?  Absolutely not.

Pinkie Pie's bipolar personalities to cling to one identity as Pinkie Pie. Regardless, it's pointless to vote between the two.

Oh, and one other thing:  I was reading through the comments on here, and it seems that several people thought that Pinkamena was a fan-adopted name based on the episode "Party of One."  This is false.  

Pinkamena Diane Pie is canonically her real name.  It's in "The Cutie Mark Chronicles."

Oh, and one other thing:  I was reading through the comments on here, and it seems that several people thought that Pinkamena was a fan-adopted name based on the episode "Party of One."  This is false.  

Pinkamena Diane Pie is canonically her real name.  It's in "The Cutie Mark Chronicles."

Really?

I never knew that.

bbc.png

Really?

I never knew that.

Yeah, after she got her cutie mark, when she was setting up the party in the barn to show her family, her mother (or somepony... can't remember) called out "Pinkamena Diane Pie!" looking for her.   :)

uh, the happy Pinkie Pie of course? :P

"Pinkamena" was enjoyable to watch, I find it funny when ponies goes crazy. However it's enough with one or two times and I wouldn't want to see her character acting like that. I mean she became "pinkamena" (though she always is since that is just her full name) when she was sad and angry, why would you people want to see her sad =(

I do agree that the hairstyle is cool, however I like normal pinkie's hair much too, it's quite unique :)

uh, the happy Pinkie Pie of course? :P

"Pinkamena" was enjoyable to watch, I find it funny when ponies goes crazy. However it's enough with one or two times and I wouldn't want to see her character acting like that. I mean she became "pinkamena" (though she always is since that is just her full name) when she was sad and angry, why would you people want to see her sad =(

I do agree that the hairstyle is cool, however I like normal pinkie's hair much too, it's quite unique :)

I have hair like pinkies that puffs out pretty much no matter i do with it,

and it's funny to other people LOl but less so to me. That scene where she's getting ready for the gala and it just goes "PUFF!"

i was like "Gah i feel for you pinkie, I know"

• 3 years later...

I prefer the happy Pinkie Pie. Pinkamena is no fun when she goes "crazy", in my opinion. I like depressed Pinkamena better. But I think that the happy Pinkie is the best!

On 1/29/2014 at 6:48 PM, Shine said:

Yeah, after she got her cutie mark, when she was setting up the party in the barn to show her family, her mother (or somepony... can't remember) called out "Pinkamena Diane Pie!" looking for her.   :)

Here we go! Pinkie Pie's FULL name! :ooh: (Is it just me, or does "Diane" not fit her?)

Spoiler

Spoilers for S1E23: The Cutie Mark Chronicles!

Spoiler

Its really a mixed bad.

Until about.. Season 6 I would have stated that Pinkie was my least favorite Main Character.

But they seamed to get a good handle over making her funny without it being annoying. (Or rather the other characters now acknowledge its annoying and that's the point)

-

So I actually do like Pinkie more..

That being said...

She looks better with the strait hair....

The happy Pinkie is obviously my choice. The things I like the most about Pinkie (positivity, making others happy, wackiness) are her typical traits.

I do like the depressed Pinkie as well, though in a different way. I think the contrast between the two personalities shows the importance of friendships and happiness in her life, as she's simply not herself without those. The different mane style emphasizes this visually, making the scenes where Pinkie is sad (especially in "Party of One") more effective.

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't really like the psycho stuff fans make because I don't think that's how Pinky would be like if she went insane. I think she would be super pissed and angry instead of this psycho happy thing they always seem to do. Pinky isn't insanely happy smiley like that but she knows that being like that makes other people happy. That's why she is like that.... she's not really insane... and i highly doubt she would hurt anyone even if she was.

Either-way i like both. They are just different moods of the same character.

Okay... I absolutely, utterly HATE the Pinkamena stuff, for very personal reasons. Thus, I voted for Pinkie Pie.

Why do I hate Pinkamena? It's literally one of the worst parts of the brony fandom in my opinion. I have seriously considered giving up MLP completely before due to this.

I hate how people call her "psychotic" as an insult, call her a "psycho", say she;'s mentally ill and schizophrenic.

I have an actual, diagnosed psychotic disorder. Nearly five years ago I was diagnosed with schizophrenia during one of my stays in a hospital's psych ward. The people who say all this horrible stuff about Pinkamena let their ignorance of mental illness show, and it's painful and incredibly cringe-worthy. They spread false stereotypes, help to increase the already ample amounts of stigma associated with schizophrenia and other psychotic disorders, and spread a hateful message that not only do mentally ill people not belong, but that they're all "dangerous", "violent", "insane" and "psycho". It hurts me and scares me on a very deep level when people treat those with these disorders that way.

It's bad enough that so many bronies and even SHOW STAFF (Tara Strong, for example... and also, just listen to the DVD commentary of Winter Wrap Up, where they made fun of people with auditory hallucinations) spread these harmful false ideas. It's even worse when people are so ashamed of their illness that they refuse help and end up having to live with these terrible illnesses because of it. I wish people would pay more attention to the words they use and how they can affect others. You never know, someone you know, maybe even a loved one, could be struggling with psychosis and is hiding it due to the stigma. Without treatment it only gets worse, and on top of that people with these disorders statistically have a shorter life span than most people.

I don't think that most people who say these things, spread these stereotypes and create these fan videos/art/etc. of Pinkamena mean to harm anyone. To them it's just fun. They don't realize the harm that they're doing and the stigma they're spreading. Most of them probably don't know what "psychosis" even is. It's not a slang term for "crazy", it's a specific symptom of an illness that is extremely hard to live with. After years of living in the upside-down horror world of psychosis, it hurts me so much when people spread these stereotypes. I hate feeling like I don't belong in the brony community because I have this illness. I'm not violent, or crazy, or a psycho. I am a person, a human being. Everyone has problems in life they must face. Everyone, whether it's a mental illness, physical illness, or whatever.

Please, for the love of all things holy, if you are the type who calls everything "psychotic" as an insult, thinks that schizophrenics all belong in asylums, thinks that having a mental illness makes you a bad person, etc, please stop. Please. No one else I've seen in the community is stepping up to say that this is wrong. It's so hard to avoid when this stuff is almost everywhere. It being in the brony community really, really hurts me, because I love the brony community and have been a part of it for over six years. It was always a safe space for me, as was MLP itself, but the way the community treats people with psychotic disorders has almost killed it for me.

I don't live in an "asylum". I live in a house, I don't go around hurting others, and I've never been strapped to a bed or thrown in a padded room. Even during the height of my psychosis I never went around hurting people. The idea that schizophrenics are all violent is one of those false stereotypes, and probably the aspect of PInkamena I hate the most. I'm just a human being who's trying to live her life. Thank you for reading this far, and I apologize if I caused anyone any offense, as that was in no way my intention. I'm just trying to help people reconsider the things they say and how their words can hurt others.

50 minutes ago, Rainbow-Starlight said:

Okay... I absolutely, utterly HATE the Pinkamena stuff, for very personal reasons. Thus, I voted for Pinkie Pie.

Why do I hate Pinkamena? It's literally one of the worst parts of the brony fandom in my opinion. I have seriously considered giving up MLP completely before due to this.

I hate how people call her "psychotic" as an insult, call her a "psycho", say she;'s mentally ill and schizophrenic.

I have an actual, diagnosed psychotic disorder. Nearly five years ago I was diagnosed with schizophrenia during one of my stays in a hospital's psych ward. The people who say all this horrible stuff about Pinkamena let their ignorance of mental illness show, and it's painful and incredibly cringe-worthy. They spread false stereotypes, help to increase the already ample amounts of stigma associated with schizophrenia and other psychotic disorders, and spread a hateful message that not only do mentally ill people not belong, but that they're all "dangerous", "violent", "insane" and "psycho". It hurts me and scares me on a very deep level when people treat those with these disorders that way.

It's bad enough that so many bronies and even SHOW STAFF (Tara Strong, for example... and also, just listen to the DVD commentary of Winter Wrap Up, where they made fun of people with auditory hallucinations) spread these harmful false ideas. It's even worse when people are so ashamed of their illness that they refuse help and end up having to live with these terrible illnesses because of it. I wish people would pay more attention to the words they use and how they can affect others. You never know, someone you know, maybe even a loved one, could be struggling with psychosis and is hiding it due to the stigma. Without treatment it only gets worse, and on top of that people with these disorders statistically have a shorter life span than most people.

I don't think that most people who say these things, spread these stereotypes and create these fan videos/art/etc. of Pinkamena mean to harm anyone. To them it's just fun. They don't realize the harm that they're doing and the stigma they're spreading. Most of them probably don't know what "psychosis" even is. It's not a slang term for "crazy", it's a specific symptom of an illness that is extremely hard to live with. After years of living in the upside-down horror world of psychosis, it hurts me so much when people spread these stereotypes. I hate feeling like I don't belong in the brony community because I have this illness. I'm not violent, or crazy, or a psycho. I am a person, a human being. Everyone has problems in life they must face. Everyone, whether it's a mental illness, physical illness, or whatever.

Please, for the love of all things holy, if you are the type who calls everything "psychotic" as an insult, thinks that schizophrenics all belong in asylums, thinks that having a mental illness makes you a bad person, etc, please stop. Please. No one else I've seen in the community is stepping up to say that this is wrong. It's so hard to avoid when this stuff is almost everywhere. It being in the brony community really, really hurts me, because I love the brony community and have been a part of it for over six years. It was always a safe space for me, as was MLP itself, but the way the community treats people with psychotic disorders has almost killed it for me.

I don't live in an "asylum". I live in a house, I don't go around hurting others, and I've never been strapped to a bed or thrown in a padded room. Even during the height of my psychosis I never went around hurting people. The idea that schizophrenics are all violent is one of those false stereotypes, and probably the aspect of PInkamena I hate the most. I'm just a human being who's trying to live her life. Thank you for reading this far, and I apologize if I caused anyone any offense, as that was in no way my intention. I'm just trying to help people reconsider the things they say and how their words can hurt others.

I agree to a certain extent. All people with these mental disabilities don't necessarily mean bad guy or girl. A psychopath doesn't means he's going to go out and kill people or even harm others. However, you can't control what other people do based on what you said or did. If we worried about that all the time then we would never do anything. It's like with people calling fat people chubby or big boned. You have to develop some sort of armor for it. You have to learn about how to deal with it in your own way because it's not going to stop. You have to teach by example. Everybody has to deal with something. That's just how society is. 

The best thing is learning how to not let other people feeling and opinions bother you so much. I clearly don't have any clue about schizophrenics but i think the best thing for me to do is treat them like anyone else. I think if i had such disease then i wouldn't want to be treated special. I don't mean to offend you at all if it reads that way. I think to many people don't understand that people with these diseases are just... regular people. They don't magically want to kill or whatever the stereotype is.

Edited by Kadeda

• 9 months later...
On 9/10/2013 at 2:12 AM, Mikami said:

I prefer normal Pinkie. It's so damn cute how she bounces all over the place :lol: . Also I love Canon Pinkamena. The fan version her...not so much.

yeah... me too.. i'll always go with normal pinkie.... :fluttershy:

i've seen enough pics of the fan version to know not to watch that :mlp_blink:

Edited by sherri

• 2 weeks later...