Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

A Real way to go to Equestria - Lucid Dreams

Rethajni

Hi everypony, i want to share a story that truly take me to Equestria in a pony form:

"For many years i developed what you call a Lucid Dream (a dream were you full control every aspect of it creating characters with the parameters you like) and when i discovered MLP: FIM i wanted to try it in Equestria in a pony form that i create, after a few tries finally i lay down on my bed i began to counting and when i reach 600 seconds i truly was there in Ponyville, even if all enviroment was technically the same happy coloured a can feel the texture of the ground and walls because my mind says so, i remember visiting Pinkie Pie, my mind was telling me that she was hiperactive and happy so Pinkie was telling me things in HER style, things like "hello! You are new here? where are you from? and many other things i can't remember because she was talking so fast, i touch her face, it was like touching a puppy, she was warm. soft like marshmallow and smell like baked cake, she watched me confused and then i retired ashamed, i saw other ponies my mind was creating but the houses looked the same with some minor changes, i was happy like never before, i wanted to cry of happiness, i was sure that if a want to have a crush with everypony i'm gonna get it but i'ts not time yet i have plains for Fleur de lis or Luna"

seriously guys i invite you to try lucid dreams and see for yourself, i promise you that you won't regret it! i'ts a indescriptible sensation, you are truly in Equestria and now i'm thinking... if all MLP universe cames from an idea of someone's mind... i can trully say that, after the last three weeks of lucid dreams, that Equestria truly exist in the realm of dreams, dreams are real because they have an effect on us (something that isn't real in every realm can't harm us if we create horrible things on your mind they exist there in the moment that we are affected by them, of course, we can get rid of them if we want)

i really want to know your opinion guys because if we bronies (a.k.a The Chosen Ones) can master lucid dreams we can even have shared dreams :)

• Brohoof 6

Yes lucid dreaming is very fun, and it's a great way to explore your pony fantasies. Unfortunately. It's a lot of work. It takes weeks and sometimes even months of diligent practice to have lucid dreams every night. I've tried several times to start but now that you've given me an idea for something I want to dream about I think I'm going to start again. Anyway for those of you who are interested in how you have lucid dreams this is how to do it:

First you have to work on recalling your dreams, after you go to bed tonight, make sure you have a pen and paper handy near your bed, after you wake up, quickly write down everything you remember happened in that dream, even if it's just vague descriptions, write down key words that will help you remember images of your dreams.

After you finish writing down your dream it's time to practice doing reality checks. Conduct reality checks regularly throughout the day. Reality checks help you determine if you are dreaming or not, of course they do nothing in reality, but if you do a reality check while you are dreaming, you will realise you are dreaming and become lucid. Here are some reality checks that work great and that you can practice with ease and discretion during the day:

If you have a digital watch, set your watch go off every hour, or just get in the habit of checking it often, every half hour to an hour. Check the time, look away, and then check it again, if you are dreaming, the time will be wildly different from what it was when you checked just a second ago. If you have a cell phone, set your phone to repeat the alarm every hour.

Look at your hands; front and back, and quickly count your fingers in your head. If you do this in a dream you will almost immediatly realise that your hands do not look normal, and that you are dreaming. Write "A" on your right palm with a sharpie or pen (or left if you're left-handed). And look at it regularly throughout the day, the letter will change in your dreams and you will become lucid if you do this in your dreams.

After forming this habit of regular reality checks you will almost certainly begin to do them subconsciously in your dreams, and thus will start having lucid dreams more frequently.

Write down your dreams everyday, and read your dream journal in your spare time to refresh your memory of the dream. Setting your alarm to go off 4 1/2 or 7 hours after you go to bed, and then going back to bed will help trigger a lucid dream.

Keeping your mind focused on lucid dreaming as you are falling asleep will also help you have lucid dreams.

Edited by Guest

I don't want to think that I'm thinking that I think I'm there. I want to think that I can think of a way to think myself their, and while I'm thinking of a method, I shall think of thinking about taking you up on thinking about thinking of being in Equestria. :)

Try saying that 10 times :P

Yes lucid dreaming is very fun, and it's a great way to explore your pony fantasies. Unfortunately. It's a lot of work. It takes weeks and sometimes even months of diligent practice to have lucid dreams every night. I've tried several times to start but now that you've given me an idea for something I want to dream about I think I'm going to start again. Anyway for those of you who are interested in how you have lucid dreams this is how to do it:

First you have to work on recalling your dreams, after you go to bed tonight, make sure you have a pen and paper handy near your bed, after you wake up, quickly write down everything you remember happened in that dream, even if it's just vague descriptions, write down key words that will help you remember images of your dreams.

After you finish writing down your dream it's time to practice doing reality checks. Conduct reality checks regularly throughout the day. Reality checks help you determine if you are dreaming or not, of course they do nothing in reality, but if you do a reality check while you are dreaming, you will realise you are dreaming and become lucid. Here are some reality checks that work great and that you can practice with ease and discretion during the day:

If you have a digital watch, set your watch go off every hour, or just get in the habit of checking it often, every half hour to an hour. Check the time, look away, and then check it again, if you are dreaming, the time will be wildly different from what it was when you checked just a second ago. If you have a cell phone, set your phone to repeat the alarm every hour.

Look at your hands; front and back, and quickly count your fingers in your head. If you do this in a dream you will almost immediatly realise that your hands do not look normal, and that you are dreaming. Write "A" on your right palm with a sharpie or pen (or left if you're left-handed). And look at it regularly throughout the day, the letter will change in your dreams and you will become lucid if you do this in your dreams.

After forming this habit of regular reality checks you will almost certainly begin to do them subconsciously in your dreams, and thus will start having lucid dreams more frequently.

Write down your dreams everyday, and read your dream journal in your spare time to refresh your memory of the dream. Setting your alarm to go off 4 1/2 or 7 hours after you go to bed, and then going back to bed will help trigger a lucid dream.

Keeping your mind focused on lucid dreaming as you are falling asleep will also help you have lucid dreams.

So, basically, what he is trying to say is:
Watch 'Inception'
Copy what they do

The End :lol:
Edited by RistroxD

I don't want to think that I'm thinking that I think I'm there. I want to think that I can think of a way to think myself their, and while I'm thinking of a method, I shall think of thinking about taking you up on thinking about thinking of being in Equestria. :)

Try saying that 10 times :P

So, basically, what he is trying to say is:
Watch 'Inception'
Copy what they do

The End :lol:

Well inception has some elements of lucid dreaming but that's not the focus. In inception they used a machine to insert themselves in other people's dreams. Real life lucid dreaming takes a lot more work than that.

Wicked dude. that sounds amazing. do you think you can teach me how to lucid dream. if not do you know i place where i could learn?

Well i use the counting method

Visualize a digital chronometer and count the seconds (when you reach a minute, simply return to 0, th important thing is watch the number pattern, do it 10 times) when you do it 4 or 6 times, like a shot, powerful thoughts will try to distract you, just don't stop counting and at that point, feel like you are in Equestria (listen and feel it, NOT watch it, it would be to much work for your mind) finally try to stand up your pony form and slowly enter in to that body and your mind itself will create what you like the most (Equestria in this case) and Voila! You are in equestria!

This method works 100% for me, and the method varies from each person,

in case that this do not work for you, look for a PDF called Stephen LaBerge Lucid dreams: Gateway for inner self OR

look on youtube Schumann Resonancy mental health, i'ts a binarual sound to listen while taking a nap,

I really hope this help you, i wish you luck trying

once you fully have a lucid dream, i highly recommed you to write your dreams ;)

• Brohoof 1

I'm not quite sure if this was a lucid dream but here it is:

One morning, I got up, ate breakfast, and then went back to bed ten minutes later.  The usual routine during the fasting month.  When I laid down, I decided to go back and visit the dream I had before I woke up and fix my mistakes in it.  I do this quite often with dreams.  I just think about the last dream and I can find it again. 

I realized that maybe I could try lucid dreaming.  I had been practicing a lot, but ended up forgetting to lately.  But it was worth a shot.  I also know that by entering my last dream, I may know when it happens and control it.

I didn't have the last dream.  I had a nightmare.

Since lately I had been playing loads of official pony games, that's what the dream was about.  I sat at my laptop, playing a game with Rainbow Dash flying above a sea.  There were six rows in the game where I could fly.  Three in the sky, and three in the sea.  At first, I flew through the sea for fun, until these horrible monsters seemed to take over the sea.  I moved Rainbow out of it, so they wouldn't get her.  After a moment, they took over five rows, leaving me in the last one.  Then they came from behind.

"Oh, come on!  How is that fair!" I yelled. 

I let them get Rainbow Dash.  They pulled her into the water and they all disappeared.  Probably turning Rainbow Dash into one of them.

Wait a minute...

"OH GOD!" I screamed, moving away from the laptop.

Then she jumped at me.  The monster Rainbow Dash.  I gasped and covered my eyes as the screaming of her rang throughout the room.

"Change the dream!  Change the dream!" I said quickly.

I appeared in a completely white room.  White floors and white walls.

I realized then.  I had done it.  I was lucid dreaming. 

Time.  For Equestria.

And then I was there.  Surrounded by the paper cut out like world.  I felt my pony body.  I stomped hooves against the dirt and I felt it, heard it.  I grinned widely and began towards Ponyville in the distance, waving my hoof through the air and turning to look at other forums members behind me.

"Come on everypony!  To Ponyville!" I beamed.

I trotted into Ponyville.  I then realized that I could do better than this!

I created a forest, taking the scene from one of my fanfictions, wanting to act it out as Constellation, the main character.

Then it ended.

Was this even a lucid dream.  xD  Is it possible to have a lucid dream which isn't actually very lucid?  I'm sure if it was, I would have actually went to meet Discord or something.

I might have been brain dead with excitement.

• Brohoof 1

Well inception has some elements of lucid dreaming but that's not the focus. In inception they used a machine to insert themselves in other people's dreams. Real life lucid dreaming takes a lot more work than that.

Very true :)

While doing other stuff like remember dreams and journaling, I did also use there totem method to check if I was in a dream.

I had a special coin I would flip all the time in the day that was what allowed me to lucid dream beucase I would go to flip it in my dream and it would just hang there and I knew I was in my dream :)

It does take aaaaages to do lucid dream, took me at least 6months and now I've lost it from getting lazy and. Not focusing on it :P

you sir have my deepest respect. I wish I knew how to lucid dream but sadly I just have random dreams that I have no control in. they also never make any sense. nor do they ever involve ponies or equestria :( . prey tell, how does one achieve a ''lucid dream''?

you sir have my deepest respect. I wish I knew how to lucid dream but sadly I just have random dreams that I have no control in. they also never make any sense. nor do they ever involve ponies or equestria :( . prey tell, how does one achieve a ''lucid dream''?

mainly is to try to fall asleep without losing your concious, couting is a pretty good method, i'ts quick easy and doesn't require too much focus so your mind do the sleeping labor. When you feel that you can't move don't be afraid its completly normal("sleep paralisys" is the natural method of the body to shut it's funcions, and it happens every time we sleep without know)

it may be hard to achieve, but it's totally worth it, in internet there so many tutorials that they can help you, personally i achieve one of my first lucid dream thanks by them and on youtube also

mainly is to try to fall asleep without losing your concious, couting is a pretty good method, i'ts quick easy and doesn't require too much focus so your mind do the sleeping labor. When you feel that you can't move don't be afraid its completly normal("sleep paralisys" is the natural method of the body to shut it's funcions, and it happens every time we sleep without know)

it may be hard to achieve, but it's totally worth it, in internet there so many tutorials that they can help you, personally i achieve one of my first lucid dream thanks by them and on youtube also

ah thank you I will search YouTube for a suitable tutorial and I will try the counting thing tonight. I may even go to bed early today.

I haven't grasped lucid dreaming yet, but I would like to leave a few notes concerning the look of what I expect to experience.

I like the way Ponyville looks in Legends of Equestria, but only its overall shape. I want cottages to have more detail and much more realistic colour than solid colours present in both show and game. Unlike in LOE, I could see what's happening inside these little homes of little ponies at day and night, when lights from electric lamps find their way outside and cast shadows on the ground. Here and there I would walk on objects I would find in a terrestrial idyllic cottage. A bench, a pond nearby a thicket, a lamppost, a rough earthy path, grass and flowers. My mind would probably be capable of producing more and more content once I get the hold of dreaming. There are also texture and sounds. Feeling many things around me, I hear the ambience sound of wind, distant conversations, laughs, various animals.

Ponies. I am firmly resolved to avoid imagining 3D models like the ones I've seen (especially from gmod). These simply look ugly and unrealistic. I wish to meet creatures whose bodies I could effortlessly respect and admire. My mind has to produce something unique, which bases on and combines detailed works of art from talented fans of My Little Pony. Specifically, the splendid artist who goes by the name of ECMAJOR. Ponies drawn by him are perfectly beautiful and realistic. Moreover, they give the idea of full spatial vision and perspective. I am going to endevour indefinitely to render my ponies look nothing less than what I see in the following drawing http://ecmajor.deviantart.com/art/Welcome-to-the-Nightmare-395656027 I read it "Welcome to Paradise".

The closest I've come to a lucid dream is merely knowing it's a dream. I actually enjoy it because my mind tends to put on a pretty good show with some interesting things happening(abet, very weird at times). I've only had ponies pop on in dreams a couple times though. 

I've had lucid dreams before, but my actual control of those dreams was tentative at best - I'd be more than capable of wandering the dreamscape and exploring, and occasionally make somebody (usually one of my friends) appear, but whenever I'd try to do something fantastic like throw a fireball, I could never seem to make it happen.

But I'm sure those who have LDs all the time have been having their own adventures in Equestria ever since they got into the show...lucky bastards. :(

• In a few years we will have Oculus Rift, a device that will facilitate imagining MLP environment in Lucid Dreams.
  • Have any of you figured out how to save the background of this forums? It would look so neat as desktop background.

But I'm sure those who have LDs all the time have been having their own adventures in Equestria ever since they got into the show...lucky bastards. :(

• I suspect that more than one of them was disappointed of their vision of Ponies and Equestria, and went back to non-cartoon-inspired places.
  • Brohoof 1

• In a few years we will have Oculus Rift, a device that will facilitate imagining MLP environment in Lucid Dreams.
  • Have any of you figured out how to save the background of this forums? It would look so neat as desktop background.
  • I suspect that more than one of them was disappointed of their vision of Ponies and Equestria, and went back to non-cartoon-inspired places.

If you're using Firefox, you can right click > view page source > Media, then look for the file. But from what it looks like, the sky background is a different graphical element from the hills, so you might have to splice them together with  photoshop or something.

• Brohoof 1

I would love to learn how to lucid dream. However do i have one problem, that kinda makes lucid dreaming impossible: I dont dream. Or at least do i never wake up and remember dreaming. Is there any way to also "learn how to dream"? I havent experienced dreaming yet and would absolutely love to find out how and what it is.

I would love to learn how to lucid dream. However do i have one problem, that kinda makes lucid dreaming impossible: I dont dream. Or at least do i never wake up and remember dreaming. Is there any way to also "learn how to dream"? I havent experienced dreaming yet and would absolutely love to find out how and what it is.

(Lucid) dreaming is one of the best things that you can experience in your life. It incorporates very similar reception of sensations that you have in waking life and enables you to find yourself in almost any kind of situation. When you dream, you may feel like you came into possession of arcane ability to magically create worlds, lives and scenarios. I think that most people don't remember their dreams if they haven't got into the routine of re-creating them as soon as they wake up. Hardly anyone cares about having dreams because they are often limited to residual amount of sensations and coherence. I realize that my own dreams are blind man's dreams. That's why, like you, I desire to change this fact. My brain only gets the notion of something happening, but it is supported by very scarce visions and sounds. I'm missing out.

Edited by poor idiot

• 10 months later...

I have been lucid dreaming for a good 10 years now. (I am currently 20 years old).

I have been LDing (Lucid Dreaming) about MLP since Season 1....

I do not have the following implemented into my version of Equestria: pinkie pie (I hate her--she's mad annoying), Twist (Also annoying),  Scootaloo (Also very annoying), and princess celestia (Obviously why, everyone likes Luna more). 

Thanks to my time well spent into Lucidity, I am now able to Lucid Dream in under a minute; sometimes it is instant. 

I am probably a little late on this topic as I just joined today.

I never seem to have the discipline to write my dreams down in a journal for more then a couple days. Lucid dreaming is something that I've been interested in for a long time, I just can seem to get myself to prepare for it.

• Brohoof 1