Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

A Real way to go to Equestria - Lucid Dreams

Rethajni

Huh. I always carry a dirty coin in my pocket for good luck, but I think it might help for reality checks (flipping the coin, the state of cleanliness, etc.)

Yeah, it might. But sometimes, you may want to come up with something easier such as looking at your hand.

Can you count the number of fingers on one of your hand ?

If yes, you're probably not dreaming

If no, you are probably dreaming.

In a dream, it is almost impossible to count. Hence, the fingers on your hand will keep flickering and the number will keep changing. One of the most reliable reality checks. 

• 1 year later...

it may be hard to achieve, but it's totally worth it, in internet there so many tutorials that they can help you, personally i achieve one of my first lucid dream thanks by them and on youtube also

Is there any specific tutorials that you've used and have been successful? I'm trying this thing out but so far haven't any luck.

Edited by Varrack

Awareness of your surroundings is critical. The more aware you are of when you're awake, rather than just moving through the motions during the day without any thought put into it, the closer you'll be towards your dream self beginning to realize the inconsistencies with your dream and reality. In dreams, you usually just let things progress without questioning them as if you were just a puppet being controlled for a play or something like that.

To start, maybe you could draw a letter or symbol on your hand to remind you of when you're awake. After having this symbol on your hand long enough, you'll begin to see it in your dreams, either exactly the same or with differences. Regardless, after looking at it and realizing that things are inconsistent in this place then in reality, you'll become aware and free to explore your dreams, provided no other stimulus takes away your awareness and makes you just an observer again.

Some people recommend them, but I never saw the need for dream journals. I kept one, but it never helped. At least, I don't think it did.

Edited by LeonShi500

Some people recommend them, but I never saw the need for dream journals. I kept one, but it never helped. At least, I don't think it did.

They're for remembering your dreams so you can record them and keep remembering each dream you have in the future. There isn't much point in lucidity if you don't recall what happened. At least for guys like me who rarely remembers their dreams, it would be somewhat helpful.

They're for remembering your dreams so you can record them and keep remembering each dream you have in the future. There isn't much point in lucidity if you don't recall what happened. At least for guys like me who rarely remembers their dreams, it would be somewhat helpful.

I don't understand how anyone could forget a lucid dream, or at least the general idea of what happened in the dream. You have so much control and awareness in a lucid dream that it should leave a big imprint on your memory. I'd say I remember my dreams only 60-70 percent of the time, but the lucid dreams are easy to remember.

Lucid Dreams are pretty fun, but I stopped trying to have them when they started to turn into nightmares for me more often than not (I'd get worried in the dream, and voila, nightmares would arrive!). But for people that don't have that problem they can be pretty fun :) You can even achieve 'hypersensitivity', where you see, feel, and basically experience even more than you do in waking life. It's a pretty neat experience.

Never gone to ponyville before, however, though I'm glad so many have been able to!

Is there any specific tutorials that you've used and have been successful? I'm trying this thing out but so far haven't any luck.

those worked for me in my first attempt, i use the counting method but listen to this:

if you want to have lucid dream the key is to practice, that way you train your brain to adapt to the dream world, my personal method is imagine a digital watch and counting the seconds try to count till 600 and when you reach 400 if you are relaxed but focused you will feel all your thoughts exploding and a lot of ideas will appear to distract you, dont pay attention to them, no matter what they say or do, you must focus on the clock, it is a self hipnosis, you can say "am in a dream now" every times you reach a hundred, you need to lay on the bed your palms up, your index finder touching slightly the thumb, if you feel any itch, scratch it out and start again do not feel frustrated if you start by 1 again, it will be more easy, the main key is to stay aware of your counciousness while you enter in the dream state, when the ideas begin to appear and you reached 600, contnue till 1000 but this time try to imagine the surroundings of the clock, that means the shape, the place where is it and try to imagine yourself being there, once you are aware of your dream body you can look another place and bam you are now in the lucid dream.

just a

few things

DO NOT EXPECT INSTANT RESULTS, it may take a while, depending on how much you want to lucid dream

DONT LUCID DREAM EVERY NIGHT i suggest you once in a week, why? because the brain is not resting 100% and the next lucid dream is not gonna be as real as the previous one also you will lose control trust me, i fell on that trap and i began to saw deformed ponies because my brain was too tired to process the whole image and it was dark nd blurry

KEEP A DREAM JOURNAL it is a primordial tool in oder to achieve your lucid dreams, because it will be your map and guide to your dream world so the next time you see the same things you are familiar you will know you are dreaming. (draw it is posible)

i must say, the results vary from every person im just showing you what it works for me, if you have any doubt you can message me, i hope i was helpful

• Brohoof 1

My mind is a dark land that remains unconquered. If I were to try and lucid dream I have a vague feeling it'll turn into a lucid nightmare rather than a nice lucid dream. I doubt I could have that much focus while sleeping, and if I did, it would surely falter. But on the bright side :sunbutt:  it'd be amazing to be able to live your fantasies every now and then in your dreams. I envy the people who can.  :wacko:

• 4 months later...

I think I'll try to revive this topic

First of all I need to start with my mind: It's freakin chaos here that even discord wouldn't be able to understand.

I can very well visualise anything well written or even simply described yet I have no imagination to create from scratch.

I have music in my head almost all the time. Have a sample: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qux1NM5EhbI

Ok so below is what made me look for a way to lucid dream

During the winter break all I did through the day was to read... at least 110 000 words on day. It happened when I was reading the sequel of the sequel of: no-i-am-not-a-brony-get-me-outta-equestria warning spoilers!!!

It was the wedding day. I've never been so stressed while reading a fiction, I would usually be laughing at the stress of the main character, but seeing world from TD's eyes isn't the same.

I had exactly the same emotions as written (wait were those emotions written?) I see the bride approaching all stress mixed with happiness.

Cheerilee in my focus appeared highly real with the dress, same with some ponies around her, carpet beneath her, I felt the suit on myself, and then I saw something else at the edge of that realism :okiedokielokie:  ... and boom :blink: back to text next to my pc screen trying to figure out which one is the reality >.<

That's how I started trying to get to lucid dreaming. I knew that what I achieved through hours of focus on one world behind text (and I think that the personality of mine matches TD somehow)

I tried to get LD for months now but never succeeded... (my dreams got highly realistic and I started remembering them though)

I think I might be getting close (based on last dream)

Edited by Ranun

Lucid dreaming is one of those things where innate talent greatly helps, or else you better be prepared to practice until madness. I unfortunately fall into the later category. Practicing lucid dreaming requires a lot of effort that heavily contradicts my other hobby (art), so I even though I wanted it, I could never devote the time.  

I kept dream journals, and basic lucid dreaming stuff, but staying up until 3 a.m. average really hurt my chances. So it seems that will remain a fantasy.

But I am comforted by the fact that most of my dreams involve badass adventures anyway, even if they aren't pony.

• 1 year later...
On 8/26/2013 at 7:01 AM, Balareth said:

Hi everypony, i want to share a story that truly take me to Equestria in a pony form:

"For many years i developed what you call a Lucid Dream (a dream were you full control every aspect of it creating characters with the parameters you like) and when i discovered MLP: FIM i wanted to try it in Equestria in a pony form that i create, after a few tries finally i lay down on my bed i began to counting and when i reach 600 seconds i truly was there in Ponyville, even if all enviroment was technically the same happy coloured a can feel the texture of the ground and walls because my mind says so, i remember visiting Pinkie Pie, my mind was telling me that she was hiperactive and happy so Pinkie was telling me things in HER style, things like "hello! You are new here? where are you from? and many other things i can't remember because she was talking so fast, i touch her face, it was like touching a puppy, she was warm. soft like marshmallow and smell like baked cake, she watched me confused and then i retired ashamed, i saw other ponies my mind was creating but the houses looked the same with some minor changes, i was happy like never before, i wanted to cry of happiness, i was sure that if a want to have a crush with everypony i'm gonna get it but i'ts not time yet i have plains for Fleur de lis or Luna"

seriously guys i invite you to try lucid dreams and see for yourself, i promise you that you won't regret it! i'ts a indescriptible sensation, you are truly in Equestria and now i'm thinking... if all MLP universe cames from an idea of someone's mind... i can trully say that, after the last three weeks of lucid dreams, that Equestria truly exist in the realm of dreams, dreams are real because they have an effect on us (something that isn't real in every realm can't harm us if we create horrible things on your mind they exist there in the moment that we are affected by them, of course, we can get rid of them if we want)

i really want to know your opinion guys because if we bronies (a.k.a The Chosen Ones) can master lucid dreams we can even have shared dreams :)

This is just amazing <3 Definitely travelling to Equestria. Absolute love, magic and freedom <3 I am a pegasus, since it's what my soul determined it. My cutie mark also reflects it <3 My soul is burning with freedom and opportunity, and I **KNOW** that Equestria is out there. If we think about something, it appears. Matter can't be destroyed, only transferred. You think of something, or have extremely powerful will about it, it will appear in somewhere in the universe... Seeing the size of the universe, however, I can safely say that Equestria is out there <3

When we astral project or Lucid dream, we travel there. It IS true :) 

/) Brohoof, my free brothers! ^^ 

eqd.jpg

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎8‎/‎28‎/‎2013 at 5:14 AM, Feather Gem said:

I'm not quite sure if this was a lucid dream but here it is:

One morning, I got up, ate breakfast, and then went back to bed ten minutes later.  The usual routine during the fasting month.  When I laid down, I decided to go back and visit the dream I had before I woke up and fix my mistakes in it.  I do this quite often with dreams.  I just think about the last dream and I can find it again. 

I realized that maybe I could try lucid dreaming.  I had been practicing a lot, but ended up forgetting to lately.  But it was worth a shot.  I also know that by entering my last dream, I may know when it happens and control it.

I didn't have the last dream.  I had a nightmare.

Since lately I had been playing loads of official pony games, that's what the dream was about.  I sat at my laptop, playing a game with Rainbow Dash flying above a sea.  There were six rows in the game where I could fly.  Three in the sky, and three in the sea.  At first, I flew through the sea for fun, until these horrible monsters seemed to take over the sea.  I moved Rainbow out of it, so they wouldn't get her.  After a moment, they took over five rows, leaving me in the last one.  Then they came from behind.

"Oh, come on!  How is that fair!" I yelled. 

I let them get Rainbow Dash.  They pulled her into the water and they all disappeared.  Probably turning Rainbow Dash into one of them.

Wait a minute...

"OH GOD!" I screamed, moving away from the laptop.

Then she jumped at me.  The monster Rainbow Dash.  I gasped and covered my eyes as the screaming of her rang throughout the room.

"Change the dream!  Change the dream!" I said quickly.

I appeared in a completely white room.  White floors and white walls.

I realized then.  I had done it.  I was lucid dreaming. 

Time.  For Equestria.

And then I was there.  Surrounded by the paper cut out like world.  I felt my pony body.  I stomped hooves against the dirt and I felt it, heard it.  I grinned widely and began towards Ponyville in the distance, waving my hoof through the air and turning to look at other forums members behind me.

"Come on everypony!  To Ponyville!" I beamed.

I trotted into Ponyville.  I then realized that I could do better than this!

I created a forest, taking the scene from one of my fanfictions, wanting to act it out as Constellation, the main character.

Then it ended.

Was this even a lucid dream.  xD  Is it possible to have a lucid dream which isn't actually very lucid?  I'm sure if it was, I would have actually went to meet Discord or something.

I might have been brain dead with excitement.

If you were aware you were dreaming and were in fact dreaming and experiencing things in a noticable dream like fasion, then yes

Yeah I've had lucid dreams of MLP before but for me all the dreams where partiality out of my control like if they where running off a set program file that was in my mind. Plus apparently in my dreams equestria was a lot more deeply detailed than what it was in the show plus a lot of the dreams were of a future society that I apparently created called Troneon where humans and the ponies from MLP were living together in an extremely peaceful world. I even feel that a lot of those dreams are actually visions of the future as I actually want to follow those dreams to for fill my destiny of saving humans from their own self destruction. Plus when I was in equestria I was always my ponysona Techno and I was watching over everything like equestria was my advanced technological creation. :)

• 3 weeks later...

I have tried to L.D. but for some reason when I do realize I wake up. 

I have been practicing OBE but still have not gotten to the sleep paralysis stage where I am conscious. I usually fall asleep before it happens. 

I can fall asleep easily and thats one of the reasons I believe I have not bee successful. 

Some day as I would love to dream about my horse where we go for walks etc...

I've had a few lucid dreams before, and some have involved ponies. But usually, as soon as I realize I've achieved lucidity, I get so excited that I wake myself up from it and end the experience. I need to practice keeping my emotions in check long enough to keep a lucid dream once I've started having one. If anyone has a suggestion for how to manage emotion and maintain the dream, I'd love to hear it.

• 10 months later...

Whenever I lucid dream, It is either unstable and i wake from my younger brother shaking the bed, or I freak out immediately. I even remember one when i was 5 where a characther (my dad) told me i was dreaming. I wonder if its possible for one to go semi lucid to the point where you can buff yourself but cannot exactly change the dream. This would be useful when facing freddy krueger in MORTAL KOMBAT! Or any other nightmare you get yourself into. For example, you could rescue scootaloo from the rainbow factory. If need be.

5 hours ago, Midnight Solace said:

Pony dreams come naturally after I have watched MLP, or listened to MLP Music. I find it easy to dream, and that's why I love sleeping so much.

I could watch MLP all day, RP MLP all evening, go to sleep with MLP music while cuddling a Pony. I'll end up dreaming about watching paint dry, and Pinkie isn't even there.

• Brohoof 1

Y'all are lucky! I've never had a pony dream before.

My dreams are usually past events with people and locations I know, but with completely screwed up time periods.  :orly:

• 1 year later...