Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

twilight may be related to...

Loony Luna <3

what if twilight was related to celestia and luna :OOO what if all the princesses were related in some way except for cadence cause that would be just terrible >3<

(if you dont get it when i meant by ''terrible'' its cause if she was related shining armor wold have married a relative O____O)

I MEAN U NEVER KNOW TWILIGHT COULD HAVE BEEN ADOPTED FOR ALL I KNOW O-O

They have quite similar personalities and if you look at Shining Armour and Twilights color scheme you notice it is very similar to Celestia and Luna.Also Twilight's cutie mark is a star,Luna's is the moon and Celestia's is a more commonly known star called the sun.

However Twilight is also similar to her parents so it could be a coincidence.Or something the creators have put in for some daft reason.

If Twilight was related to Luna and Celestia, then the whole student/teacher relationship would change into a different perspective of aunt/niece sort of relationship. Cadence would have married Shining Armor but, it wouldn't be too awkward. Cadence's cutie mark reminds me of the true meaning of love, Luna and Celestia's cutie marks resemble the astronomy and bond between two sisters. Twilight's cutie mark represents the strong bond between her friends and the huge growth of her character. For a character to grow, the character has to first develop and if a writer changed the personality of the character then we would try to figure out the character's story.

They may be, but maybe not.  I think I read somewhere that Lauren Faust mentioned Prince Blueblood is nephew of Princess Celestia with many greats, so if Twilight's parents were maybe they'd be prince and princess also.  Though they may have rules similar to what I think british have.  A certain number of generations are considered prince or princess but if they are not first born then eventually they loose the title so if they are related it may be not only as distant as Prince Blueblood but also they are not decended from first borns like Prince Blueblood is.  Similar to Aragorn in the Lord of the Rings.  He is a decendant of Elros but it's many many generations and most of his ancestors who were living in numenor were not kings of numenor.  I think Twilight likely isn't related since I assume she'd have some sort of title, countess, or some such other title.  Though who knows, maybe they share a common ancestor with princess Celestia from 2 thousand or more years ago.  She may also be related to that unicorn mage she dresses up as in the halloween episode, forgot his name.

Aww...this brings me back to the days where I was coming up with a crack theory inside my head about Twilight being related to Discord. ...Yeah, you can kinda tell that I'd have no qualms with Twilight being related to Celestia and Luna. :P

Um you are so so off Twilight is not in any way related to Luna or Celestia thats so just uuhhgg. Celestia made Twight an alicorn if your thery was corect it would be like Celestia saying "Hey Twilight want to be famliy OOPPSS to late."   I'm sorry if I afendid you

Celestia made Twight an alicorn

I think you're wrong on that Celestia made Twilight an Alicorn, but this is from what others have told me and my own personal look on it, so I am not actually saying you are wrong and I am right. If you watch that episode it wasn't Celestia's magic aura it was Twilight's magic aura. The way I understand it, is that Twilight ascended. She gained complete knowledge of the Power of Friendship, and by creating her own magic she unlocked a new level of understanding within herself allowing her to become an Alicorn. 

Edited by Xelphos
  • Brohoof 1

Twilight's brother or "Shining Armor" is married to Cadence, who is related to... I can't remember, but I do know she's connected to Luna, who is sister of Celestia, who is aunt of Prince Blueblood. Yes, my suspenseful conclusion is that Twilight is related to Prince Blueblood. Does that unnerve anyone else? Or am I the only one?

I'm pretty sure Celestia and Luna are the only ones who are related. Clearly Twilight's parents are Twilight's parents. Shining Armor probably clearly remembers Twilight's birth.

Marrying into a family doesn't mean you are directly related to them. If there's any relationship between Twilight and Celestia its a link in their government and their power structure, not their family.

Keep in mind that Spike as Twi's VP may not have more gov't power then any of the other mane 6. Chew on that.

I think you're wrong on that Celestia made Twilight an Alicorn, but this is from what others have told me and my own personal look on it, so I am not actually saying you are wrong and I am right. If you watch that episode it wasn't Celestia's magic aura it was Twilight's magic aura. The way I understand it, is that Twilight ascended. She gained complete knowledge of the Power of Friendship, and by creating her own magic she unlocked a new level of understanding within herself allowing her to become an Alicorn. 

I agree. Celestia didn't make Twilight an Alicorn. She was only there to guide the way. When Twilight projected herself to "otherspace" Celestia's only function was to keep her calm as the change took place. It was the same when she was trying to hatch Spike, and the sudden flash of the Sonic Rainboom made her power run amok. Celestia just calmed her.  In both cases, all the power came from within Twilight.

Side note: I choked up when Celestia bowed to Twilight. I think she may have been acknowledging that someday Twilight may even surpass her and become the true ruler of Equestria. 

Side note 02: I loved Celestia's cosmic Youtube Channel!

• Brohoof 1

I think for the simple fact that Cadence is a princess meaning that she is also related to Celestia(i dunno when it was actually stated, but i believe it was.) and i don't think if Twilight was related to the princesses, making her related to cadence, and thus making shinning related to her aswell.

Plus, i think it would mean Twilight is already somehow royalty?

Besides, i don't think she knew Celestia before her test, and if she did i would've thought Celestia would've discovered her beforehand.

So, i honestly don't think Celestia and Luna are related to twilight. Because despite Celestia and Twilight's mother daughter relationship, they're not actually related as far as I believe.

True, they DO have a lot in common....and Twilight is the time period between night and day, so....I dunno, really. :P

But who knows, maybe she could be related to them by niece or something. I mean, Prince Blueblood was somehow related to Celestia, and he was only a unicorn, not an alicorn. Twilight EARNED her wings, she din't have them from the start. But maybe there's a SMALL chance, but I kinda doubt it.

But....who knows? :D

Twilight was Celestias student, but that doesn't mean she's related.

Her parents aren't related to Celestia in anyway, neither is Shining Armor who just happens to be a prince now. There isn't any proof that one of them is related, either.

Cadence is a relative of Celestia and Luna, explaining why she was a Alicorn before Twilight.

• 7 years later...
On 8/28/2013 at 5:15 AM, Loony Luna <3 said:

what if twilight was related to celestia and luna :OOO what if all the princesses were related in some way except for cadence cause that would be just terrible >3<

(if you dont get it when i meant by ''terrible'' its cause if she was related shining armor wold have married a relative O____O)

I MEAN U NEVER KNOW TWILIGHT COULD HAVE BEEN ADOPTED FOR ALL I KNOW O-O

Yea... But what about her parents? Twilight's mother looks nothing like Celestia... Wait