Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your Opinions of Zecora

Slice0Pie

You all know the Zebra of the Ever free forest!

What are your opinions of her?

Does she have a good color scheme?

Should she be shown more or less?

Is she best pony? *Or Background pony or Zebra  :P*

I suddenly grew attached to her, so, post your opinions! :D

Edited by CadenceDerp
  • Brohoof 4

Guest DJ Hydrolicious

I don't really know about here. I like her personally, but I absolutely despise her voice and how she rhymes all the time. Gets annoying.

She's a ....meh...character. I like her rhyming, but there's nothing really THAT amazing about her. I don't even like her design, but she is supposed to be a zebra, so I'll let it slide.

zecora_portrait_by_hinoraito-d62k6dr.png

• Brohoof 1

What are your opinions of her?

I like her I guess, she's not the best pony but she's okay at least

Does she have a good color scheme?

Her color scheme is really basic (Black and white for a zebra? That's so surprising!)

Should she be shown more or less?

She shouldn't be shown more, she shouldn't be shown less

Is she best pony?

No she's not best pony, because she's not a pony at all

She's just best zebra

I really enjoy Zecora! Honestly I'm crossing my fingers that this season, we might even get a little more info about her, but I've been waiting for that since she showed up. Still, here's to hoping. I love her design though, it just feels really elegant overall.

• Brohoof 3

Zecora is not the best character, it may be true

But you have to admit, she rocks a great do

She concocts potions of sorts and kinds

To rhyme constantly she must have a great mind

Zecora the badass truly is cool

She certainly is better than your average mule

:comeatus:

Edited by BioticDemon
  • Brohoof 5

I love Zecora. I love her accent! its amazing. I liked the message that came with her, as I feel it has to do with being different, or dare I say.....

RACIST

251744.gif

Ohh.... thats the bad word! lets never speak of that again! I honestly think she is one of my star characters and her loving qualities bring out the best of her!

zecoracommission.png

-Sparkle Speed

• Brohoof 3

I really like her character.. I really do.. She's the wise, voodoo queen character who has good morals, which I really enjoy.

But why..

Why..

WHY! Does she have to rhyme.. All.. The... TIME?!

Great, now I'm doing it.

I don't really know about here. I like her personally, but I absolutely despise her voice and how she rhymes all the time. Gets annoying.

I feel the opposite, I like her voice. Her personality is quite unique, and I love how she rhymes with every line that she speaks.

I think she needs more air time, and is def an interesting characters.

Though I do want to know what she was digging for.. rewatched the episode where she's introduced a few times recently and a couple things bug me..

They never explained why she was digging when the shops were closed.

And if the world works NATURALLY  In everfree(I.E. the clouds move themselves and the plants grow without aid) than what screwed up equestria so bad that it can't?

Was it the damage caused by the battle between nightmare Moon and Celestia? Assuming the reason the elements were in that abandoned kingdom is that it was the original castle they held that is...

Edited by GrimCW

Aside from Luna she is my favorite secondary character, I have liked Zecora ever since I first saw her in Bridle Gossip. It was a great episode that was a great parody of the stupidity and irrationality of racism and introduced an awesome character. I started a Zecora fanclub if anyone here is interested.

http://mlpforums.com/topic/56788-zecora-fan-club/

The moment I saw that she was a zebra, before I even saw her face, heard her voice, or knew her name, I got all excited and started spazzing all over the place.  (I love zebras; can you tell?)  When she spoke, I loved her even more, because I am a poet, and I really appreciate her rhyming.  cx

Here are my thoughts on the following...

colour scheme:  I like the fact that Hasbro actually chose to use varying shades of grey instead of "black and white."  If she were actually black and white, I don't think I would like her as much, because I don't believe such extremes actually exist in nature (at least not in a tangible form; sure, there is a such thing as total darkness and total light, but they aren't things we can touch); plus the contrast would hurt my eyes.  Speaking of eyes, I also like that hers are green.  c:

personality:  Zecora's a mysterious character, but she's not totally cold or standoffish.  I like how kind and wise she is and how, even after being unfairly judged and hated for so many years, she is willing to guide and care for her pony friends whenever they need her.

name:  Her name sounds cool, but it kind of made me want to do a facehoof when I found out that it is actually an old African word for "zebra."  What is up with African characters having such  unoriginal names?  First, we've got Simba the lion and now Zecora the zebra?  It makes me laugh at the humans who name them.  xP

the "racist" issue:  Some people seem to have an issue with having a black woman voice a zebra for some reason...  I don't get it.  Why wouldn't an African animal character be voiced by an African person?  It makes perfect sense.  Then there are those who feel as if the characterization of her as a "witch doctor" is disrespectful of African culture, but I disagree with this as well, because they aren't making fun of her.  She is wise, and the ponies come to her for guidance.  I'd say this is  more respectful than disrespectful and not racist at all.

other notes:  I find it interesting that Hasbro chose not to use the typical "feminine" form for Zecora.  I wonder why they did that...  She has a rectangular muzzle like a pony stallion  and no eyelashes, but she has the same eye-shape as the princesses in Canterlot.  I wonder if this is typical of all zebras or if it's just her.  I also wonder the same about her rhyming speech.

Anway, I love Zecora.  I hope you figured that out before now, though.  xP

She's one of my favourite characters.  <3

Oh, I also believe she should get more episodes focusing on her.  Why does she have to be all alone?  There needs to be at least one episode that mentions Zecora's family or includes other zebras or something.  I'm interested in knowing what the Zebra country is like and why Zecora moved to Equestria.

• Brohoof 1

She is a unique character. Rhymes all the time, she is a zebra, has a nice voice, and is sage-like. I say she is a sage because of the episode Magic Duel. She was the Yoda to Twilight's Luke. A wise character indeed. Not a bad character by any means. I quite like her.

• Brohoof 2

Shes alright although she can be a little annoying. One point i found her annoying because she took spikes jewel and just threw it away which irked me a little since it wasn't dragon greed as he was working for the jewel. But overall shes a good character. 

Zecora is not one of my favorite. 

Now, I do like the way she looks and I think it's a great idea to add in a character that is not a pony. My problem comes from the fact Zecora seems to not want to help that much. Like in, swarm of the century, Zecora does nothing to help out. She only tells Twilight about what she is dealing with and say's, Your doom. Zecora did nothing at all to help out. She only seems to help out when she is in town or when something is happening that would affect her. Like in cutie pox or magic duel.

• Brohoof 1

Not my favorite character, but I still like her. The rhyming means she thinks about what she will say before she says it, ans she has a very practical sort of knowledge and wisdom. Her introduction in Bridle Gossip gave the writers a good way to approach the topic of racism and superstition for a younger audience. Her colour scheme is good, it looks zebra-ish, but is softer and easier on the eyes. The Everfree Forest is my favorite place in Equestria because it works naturally and is the only place not controlled by the Ponies. By living here, Zecora proves that there is nothing wrong with living outside of a sheltered world.

I would like to learn more about her homeland and race in the future. At the very least, I would like for her to continue appearing in season 4.

• Brohoof 1

seriously, i wouldn't mind seeing an episode back to her home land.

I mean one zebra in the whole village seems, i dun know,

"token."

I agree that there should be an episode in which she returns to her country (maybe the mane6 could travel along with her to see what it's like), but what do you mean by "token"?

seriously, i wouldn't mind seeing an episode back to her home land.

I mean one zebra in the whole village seems, i dun know,

"token."

This could make for a nice episode :).

I think its more implied that shes from the everfree or a place like it in some way. She relies on natural remides rather then magic like the other pony races. 

• Brohoof 1

I find her to be underdeveloped...I'd like to see some backstory from her...As to her design, she's a zebra...I expected her to look like one...I mean, yeah...I guess the ponies don't look that much like real ponies...but I think zecora's design is a good caricature. The rhyming doesn't bother me really...and neither does the accent/race. I feel she's a welcome addition, but like princess luna...needs more screentime, and more story.

(on a side note...YAY! I became a muffin!...WAIT...derpy...what are you doing? derpy...stahp!!!)

Edited by BrilliantVenture