Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

King Sombra's Cutie Mark?

Dark Horn

So, unless I'm sorely mistaken, we've never seen King Sombra's cutie mark, as he's always been wearing robes or armor, actually, most of the time in shadow form.

It seems hilarious and unthinkable for him to be a blank flank (god, imagine him going cutie mark hunting with the CMC), what do you suppose his cutie mark would be?

I think a couple of black crystals would make sense, or some swirly design of red/black lightning.

• Brohoof 1

So, unless I'm sorely mistaken, we've never seen King Sombra's cutie mark, as he's always been wearing robes or armor, actually, most of the time in shadow form.

It seems hilarious and unthinkable for him to be a blank flank (god, imagine him going cutie mark hunting with the CMC), what do you suppose his cutie mark would be?

I think a couple of black crystals would make sense, or some swirly design of red/black lightning.

Oh i've seen that joke on deviant art LOL.  I'm assuming you have to ^^.

If they brought him back to reform him that way i think it would be funny.

I fear it would be handled poorly...... but I'd be curious.

I would guess a silver or white circle withe a red crescent on either side, basically a cutie mark version of his crown. It is also possible that becoming a shadow being removed him from his pony form, making him an incarnation of his will without a true body, which would mean no cutie mark.

His cutie mark would be a bunch of dark crystals with dark magic on it. His cutie mark was so badass that it made Discord cry and beg to see it. His majestys cutie mark is a gift to us filthy pathetic mortals

• Brohoof 2

Something dark, evil and demonic. I'm guessing it's something like a red star inside a circle ;P Not 100% on that guess, but it has to be at least something representing him xP

Maybe a dark purple/green heart? Like Princess Cadence's cutie mark except it's possessed in evil or something.

I think his cutie mark if he has one, could be black crystals forming around the crystal heart. So that could be his cutie mark, in my opinion.

Do you think it could even just be a black crystal heart? 

He is also fairly powerful at magic so maybe it could be something different. I almost feel like a black crystal heart or something like that is just a bit cliche and Imagine as a kid getting a cutie mark like that? So I actually think it is more likely to be something otehr then a black crystal heart and then he got lead astray.

• Brohoof 1

371349__safe_princesscelestia_comic_scoo

Source

So yeah, there you go.

In all seriousness now, maybe if he does have a cutie mark, I would imagine that it may have something to do with one of the following:

1. Crystals

2. Shadows (and/or Magic)

3. Being a King

Edited by Swift Quill
  • Brohoof 3

Well, i'd be inclined to say a dark crystal or something, but i wonder if he had a cutie mark before he started becoming corrupt and using dark magic...

Another story for another thread i guess.

But i think now his cutie mark is probably a dark crystal.

Wouldn't it be funny if his cutie mark is actually something like streamers or birds or something xD?

• Brohoof 1

• 7 months later...

There is a possibility that King Sombra is not a true unicorn at all, but an evil presence that takes the form of a pony to inspire fear in his victims by reflecting their worst attributes in their own image.  When he appears as shadow in the show, he is formless.  Maybe he is in fact a shadow spirit or evil spirit with no native form.  His horn and face structure are noticeably different from other unicorns in the show.  I think either he was born as a true unicorn but underwent a kind of magical metamorphosis in his quest for more power that granted him this power at the cost of his former unicorn-status, or he never was a unicorn at all, but an evil shadow that assumed a unicorn-like form.  In this way, he has no cutie mark, because only the pure ponies have them (changelings do not, as they are pony-like beings but not ponies, nor do windigos, which also appear pony-like in form but are in fact evil spirits in pony-like forms).

• Brohoof 1

I would love it if his cutie mark was identical to Cadance's, symbolizing that they both have a legitimate claim to the throne.

Either that, or something completely unexpected, like a bowl of Jello salad, or a picture of his butt, with his cutie mark being repeated infinitely smaller in each successive butt.

My idea would be exactly like what is in this video

That's also what I think.

However, I have a secondary theory that his ascension to power and mastery of dark magic could have erased his Cutie Mark as tampering with that level of magic has been shown to affect them in 'Magical Mystery Cure', which would also explain his ability to use Alicorn magic despite being a Unicorn. 

• Brohoof 1