Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

how do you carry your weapon and why?

swordsman

26 users have voted

1. 1. how do you carry your weapon

• Concealment Holsters(Ankle Holsters,pocket,Paddle Holsters , Any thing Concealed Carry)
    • Field Holsters (Bandolier Holster,Old West Western Rig, flap holsters,anything open carry for non-Concealed Carry)
    • Shoulder Holsters
    • Surplus Holsters
    • Tactical Holsters(leg, body armor etc)
    • other

well i know i am not the only brony that has and uses weapons on here so, how do other bronys and pegasisters carry there weapons and why do you carry it that way? I don't just don't mean firearms but any weapon you carry or use sometimes. Like swords,airguns/airsoft, firearms, knifes any thing.

I carry my Hk usp airgun in a leapers deluxe universal horizontal shoulder holster and i ware my wakizashi tachi style ( worn hung from the belt in the small of the back or on the left side  with the cutting-edge faceing down) but i do were my longer swords in a back scabbard like michonne from the walking dead.

I carry my handgun in a shoulder holster because well it looks cool and because i am tall and skinny it's the only holster that will fit me right.  also i wear a backpack , do a lot of bike  rideing.walking when i go hunting  so i need my gun out of the way  but easy to get at.  my swords,well img-1369822-1-UNZJLhS.png  i wear them sometimes with my  shoulder holster to get ready for the zombies and that is the way i learn to draw them.

Edited by swordsman
  • Brohoof 1

The only sort of weapon I have is a pocket knife that I bought a while ago (I don't really use it a weapon, I just like it :P ) and I tend to just keep it in my pocket. It's easy since it's pretty small.

• Brohoof 1

I used be a carnie you know. I used to (and still do) some knife tricks. I don't usually conceal it, but I like to take my Butterfly knife around, usually flipping and spinning it around. I still remember the time I went to a Jamba Juice and played five-finger fillet with it. XD

I rarely leave home without my pocket knife. I carry it not as a weapon, but as a tool, however, a tool can become a weapon if the circumstances call for it. I usually carry it in my pocket, with the pocket clip keeping it reasonably visible. Most people don't seem to notice, but at the same time, nobody can accuse me of carrying a concealed weapon. I never carry weapons, only tools, thus I have no need to conceal them.

Bear in mind that anything can be a weapon; pens, pencils, keychains, drawstrings from a hoodie, jackets and sweaters, backpacks, hands and feet, coffee mugs. A weapon is just an item made or used in a manner intended to cause harm. Besides, large or obvious weapons make people twitchy. There is a gap between legal and generally acceptable. It's not what you use, it's how you use it. The greatest weapon of all: knowledge. arm yourself well.

As a side note, I don't like guns. They jam, run out of ammunition, make an unnecessary level of noise, and are practically useless for anything other than violence. Worst of all, they make killing easier than it should be.

• Brohoof 1

I also have this Pocket Knife that I got from my Father.

And then proceeded to show me his huge collection of various knives.

I carry it around in my pocket most of the time.

My 7th Grade teachers always said, "Anything can be used as a weapon."

Edited by MartyToast

When I do carry weapons, I carry them in many different ways. I actually have a bunch of knives, and I conceal most of them. I have 2 ankle holsters,  leg holsters (thigh), 2 arm holsters, 2 shoulder holsters, and I don't like to brag but I've made a vest that looks like a normal zipper-jacket but actually has concealed compartments for knives. Those are for concealed times only. Non-concealed weapons: 2 leg holsters for pistols, 2 pistols on back (lower back), and 2 sword sheaths on back (See here for reference).

I carry my handgun in an IWB holster on the right side in the summer and a shoulder holster in the winter. The only reason I change it up is because if I use a shoulder holster under my jacket, I can carry a bigger gun. On duty, I carry an otf knife clipped in my pocket and my handgun hidden in my duty holster. Just in case something goes wrong.

In uniform M9, strong side in a Tactical Tailor belt holster. In civvies Glock 17, Galco King tuk at about 4 o'clock. Hate the M9 but that's what I have to carry(dam slide mounted saftey) wish they would let me carry my actual weapon, M240B or gtfo. Don't get me started on knives I just realised I carry 3 on a normal day and I don't consider one of them a weapon.

Well for the most part, I'm a pacifist, so there's really no reason why I'd need a weapon. But, if I were to carry a weapon, (It'd be a sword, because swords are cool, and guns are lame) it'd be help in a shoulder scabbard. Because that's the only way to hold a sword.

oh, i forgot i also carry my 3 inch Tanto blade CRKT M16z or my outdoor life pocket knife half  serrated pocket knife in my left pocket.  I carry one or the other by the place i am going(bad part of town M16z , just walking around/fishing outdoor life). Fl law say any knife under a 3 inch blade you can carry and use anyway you like(everyone over the age of 12 carrys a pocket knife here).

Depends on the precise weapon. Most of my regular swords are scabbarded and made to be carried on my left hip, along with a paired dagger of some kind.  For the frog used to hold the scabbard to the belt, I like ones that I can adjust from 'angled' for foot to 'straight down' for when I'm on horseback. Long knives are scabbarded across the small of my back along the belt line, and impact weapons like maces and small axes in head-up in a loop on my right hip. I find shoulder scabbards for swords kind of pointless for me, because any blade long enough to need that is too long to draw properly from that position. If it's short enough to be drawn off the shoulder, I'd rather have it on my hip. The only exception is the zweihander/slaughtersword which needs to be taken off the shoulder, strap, scabbard, and all, before being drawn. Spears, javelins, and long axes are carried in the hand normally.

At the moment the quivers I have for arrows are hip-strapped as well, but I'm finding that awkward. I haven't really worked out a shoulder-mounted quiver that feels 'right' yet though. Honestly I prefer a saddle-mounted quiver, along with another long blade. The idea that you can't use a longbow from horseback is a fallacy. You just have to know the tricks. My wife prefers a crossbow from horseback, providing the crossbow in question has a retaining clip for the quarrels.

As for firearms, I prefer carriage guns and their modern short shotgun descendants. In which case, saddle-mounted case is preferable. I've got a old no-lock hand cannon, but it's more a curiosity piece than something I would wear on a regular basis. Again, my wife prefers something different and gravitates towards rifles and other long guns, carrying a Y rest when she's on foot. She's always wanted a Vickers or something similar, which means I'd end up lugging the stupid longbox around all the time.

What? blink.png

• Brohoof 1

UK here, not allowed to waltz about with guns and knives. Frowned upon my the police.

Dad does have a few hunting shotguns but you can't really hide them in your pockets.

Although I've only ever fired a real rifle once (Irish gun laws are pretty strict) I've done some airsoft and paintball shtuff. With airsoft, I get a lone of a friend's gear, a hip holster for a pistol and..well, that's about it. A belt for extra pellets. Bleh :P

Though for a while when I was younger I did carry a knife around with me...it stemmed from getting mugged and stabbed when I was in my mid teens. Did a few self defence classes after that :/

I have a sword, and I wield it differently depending on the situation.

I have had to use my sword in a duel before, and for that I use a light sheath.

For showing off, I have a heavier and more stylish sheath.

Edited by super2379

I'm Canadian...what are these "firearms" you speak of?

I have no weapons,I don't like weapons and I generally don't like being around people with weapons.....Kinda like The Doctor.

That said, I have a couple airsoft...a  Taurus 24/7 pistol with a belt  holster and an electric AK-47 with an over arm sling. never use them though, as I enjoy other activities more.

Edited by Flutter Dash

It mostly depends on the weapon. If i'm carrying a paintball gun, .22 or any other firearm I can get my hand on I have it in my pocket or on my hand. For other weapons (knives, swords, e.t.c) I usually carry them in my pocket. Save for one or two.

For instance. If for some reason i'm carrying my katana with me, I have it unsheathed and on my shoulder with the sheath being held by my other hand. I hold my bayonet, sheath and all in one hand ready to draw out.

I have too many knives sad.png

Ever since I took fencing courses in college, I now hold any sort of one-handed blade in the classical stance:

5338399_f520.jpg
(Although I rarely hold my free arm that high up.)

Even when I'm holding a two-handed melee weapon, I maintain the same general stance, slightly altered of course. I guess something about exposing your side to your opponents to give them less surface area to strike just seems very logical to me. Even if I were to find myself in a knife fight, that's probably the posture I'd take. It does seem to catch a lot of people who aren't familiar with fencing off-guard, so it'd probably work to my advantage.

I don't carry a weapon, but for a while I was thinking about getting a knife.  I walk around my city a lot, and even though its mostly safe, sometimes I have to go through rougher areas and I'm usually alone.  I'm not sure if I'd feel comfortable carrying a knife though.

My friend's boss was either shot or stabbed, so now he carries a knife to feel more secure.  I guess having something to protect you self with doesn't hurt.