Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Predict Controversies in Season 4

FNGRpony

So any ways we've had derpy,

Sombre,

and alicorn twilight (as well as magical mystery cure)

in season 4 whats gonna make fans or soccer moms loose their mind?

I for on like the CMC being the cmc, but i'm not gonna whine (okay maybe the first day give me one day lol to pout),

but I understand it's likely gonna happen.  I'm gonna miss my favorite 3 stooges blindly blundering through life.  Hell if i was a pony and i had a blank flank I'd just picture the cmc and smile.  No one else could made failing look so awesome, so heart warming, so endearing.

At the same time i'm gonna feel good for them when it happens.  Provided they don't become boring.

Killing off another character.  You know the show writers do something once, (EOH for example) they get it in their mind they can keep doing it.

Just imagine if the introduce a new bad ass villian better than discord than kill him.  Yeah i know it's hard to imagine, but that would just sit in my craw lol. 

Cycling out one of the main six.  And no not just talking about twilight.  Rain bow dash is a full fledged wonder bolt.

and.... she seems like that sucks up what less than 5 percent of her time?  Seeing as how when ever you see any of the wonder bolts any where their always in full battle gear, just so dash can go "ZOMG A WONDER BOLT! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

As the main cast hits their goals its just something to think about.  I mean raritys main goal is to get a dress shop in canterlot.  How is she gonna hang out and run that bad boy?

I mean when apple jack finally um.... um.. um... unleashes her mutant army of killer apples similar to attack of the killer tomatoes, but legally distinct is she really gonna have time to have slice of life adventures?

Or when pinkie goes so far into the 4th wall (okay i'll stop)

but I could totally see the writers slowly cycling one of the main six out.  testing the waters.

and than there's discords song, which we all hope is so terrible it's awesome,  J.D.s been warning us rather steadily on this one,  "remember you guys asked for it."

When ever a troll tells you something like that, you should at least be concerned not look up with bright eyed wonderment lol.

Edited by ~Chaotic Sky~
Tags

One of the ponies gets a coltfriend, and swathes of the fandom rages because it ruins all their ship theories.

Also the whole season goes by, and Princess Luna only gets two appearances.

• Brohoof 2

Remember everypony.

The answer is always 'parallel universe' for all your shipping, fan fiction and other fan made stuff.

Ponies have xenophilia partnerships with Humans, and they have abomination babies together with the help of magic and science.

Ok, maybe that won't happen. But perhaps some of mane six get coltfriends. XD

Edited by Rush

One of the ponies gets a coltfriend, and swathes of the fandom rages because it ruins all their ship theories.

and no lines LOL.  But good call on the bf thing, the rage would be epic.  I think rarity would make the most sense,

i mean she clearly wants mr right.  it's been that way sense season 1.

This would be the worst possible thing that could happen and If it did could easily break the fandom in 2 as a lot of people don't like shipping at all (me included) and if it was made a thing in the show I would be very very disappointed.

• Brohoof 1

This would be the worst possible thing that could happen and If it did could easily break the fandom in 2 as a lot of people don't like shipping at all (me included) and if it was made a thing in the show I would be very very disappointed.

see again i under stand the resentment of seeing everyone shipped of, but rarites case she seems to be seeking that some pony.

see again i under stand the resentment of seeing everyone shipped of, but rarites case she seems to be seeking that some pony.

While this is true, there is still a very real sense on innocence ans alrhough they maybe use a big of girl charm, they never over do :)

If thy start to ship it tajes away the realism and the innocense of the show for me

• Brohoof 1

While this is true, there is still a very real sense on innocence ans alrhough they maybe use a big of girl charm, they never over do smile.png

If thy start to ship it tajes away the realism and the innocense of the show for me

See that's the cousin of

"shipping everyone to live happily ever after wether they want to or not."

"keeping everyone apart against any and all logic."

This is not Futurama. 

The main six embody the 6 main elements of harmony.

H-A-R-M-O-N-Y.  It isn't just unreasonable to ask all six remain single, it's down right asinine lol.

I mean for crying out loud there's a Alicorn of love floating around.

A word that could have just as easily been one of the elements itself,

even though I'd argue love itself is very un-harmonies and embodies chaos.  did i just shoot my own foot off? 

• Brohoof 1

oot my own foot off?

I can see where you coming from, but you can love each other and be really really good friends without being "shipped" with each other, and I want it to stay that way.

For some reason society seems to imply that if you are close as friends you have to be shipped... WHY? That's dumb.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I can see where you coming from, but you can love each other and be really really good friends without being "shipped" with each other, and I want it to stay that way.

For some reason society seems to imply that if you are close as friends you have to be shipped... WHY? That's dumb.

You mean lyria and bon bon?  Hell ever sense i bought into lyria's fan mental defect i ignored that lol.

I wouldn't mind seeing rarity on a date, or the pairing mostly hinted at.

Or even a plot obstacle in the way, but the desire to per sue it.  (kina like anakin from star wars with Penamea).

There couples in town.

Candice or shinning armor aren't worse for being together.

Granted being together defines the two but that's really the shows writing.

(about to further shoot my foot off ) and undo my own example,

in futurerama Hermes is married and his relationship is more of a prop than a defining characteristic.

For example if pinkie was dating someone would that change her one bit?

I can't see how, but than again I can't see anyone keeping up with pinkie.  Even pinkie (see to many pinkie pies).

Most certainly the show should never have to worry about developing because of what "shippers might do."

seriously lol that would be like making episodes out of fear of ruler 34.

Edited by FNGRpony

You mean lyria and bon bon?  Hell ever sense i bought into lyria's fan mental defect i ignored that lol.

I wouldn't mind seeing rarity on a date, or the pairing mostly hinted at.

Or even a plot obstacle in the way, but the desire to per sue it.  (kina like anakin from star wars with Penamea).

There couples in town.

Candice or shinning armor aren't worse for being together.

Granted being together defines the two but that's really the shows writing.

(about to further shoot my foot off ) and undo my own example,

in futurerama Hermes is married and his relationship is more of a prop than a defining characteristic.

For example if pinkie was dating someone would that change her one bit?

I can't see how, but than again I can't see anyone keeping up with pinkie.  Even pinkie (see to many pinkie pies).

Most certainly the show should never have to worry about developing because of what "shippers might do."

seriously lol that would be like making episodes out of fear of ruler 34.

The difference is that futurama is not aimed at 4-10 yr/o and there fore can address more adult themes like relationships.

To compare it to anything it would be like fifi and the flower tots, or wacky races or the power puff girls. I don't see why we need shipping in the episodes!

Rule 34 is already out of hand, google searching my little pony comes up with some after 50-100 results!, but thats a different discussion and no it wouldn't stop it but thats not my point really :x

• Brohoof 1

The biggest controversy would be that Luna doesn't get enough appearances. Which I hope isn't the case. Hopefully we at least get one episode dedicated to her.

01. In a horrifying farming mishap, Big Macintosh becomes a gelding.

02. Now a princess, Twilight confesses her love for Celestia.

03. Pinkie Pie becomes pregnant, and refuses to say who sired her foal.

04. Possibly related to 03, Mr. and Mrs. Cake split up.

05. In a very special episode, we learn of Rainbow Dash's drinking problem.

06. Rarity gets involved in a massive lawsuit, when she is accused of stealing another pony's dress designs.

07. Applejack becomes obsessed with a lemon tree she finds on a secluded part of the farm.

08. In another very special episode, Angel Bunny is accused of murder when Owlicious is found dead.

09. Heartbroken, Fluttershy is devastated when Angel Bunny is sentenced to lethal injection.

10. Mayor Mare pardons Angel Bunny, but then is removed from office when her mob ties become public knowledge.

Edited by cuteycindyhoney
  • Brohoof 1

Not enough Fluttershy songs....seriously Pinkie and Twilight seem to have the most.and Flutters has a very soft, beautiful  and sweet singing voice(same VA as her regular voice afterall),I'd love to hear more of her <3.

Not enough of Princess screen time, mostly Luna....but songs included.I"d love to hear another Celestia song.(maybe even a Luna song?)

No Discord screen time.He's reformed. does that mean he just disappears? or ?

Edited by ~Chaotic_Fluttershy~

The difference is that futurama is not aimed at 4-10 yr/o and there fore can address more adult themes like relationships.

To compare it to anything it would be like fifi and the flower tots, or wacky races or the power puff girls. I don't see why we need shipping in the episodes!

Rule 34 is already out of hand, google searching my little pony comes up with some after 50-100 results!, but thats a different discussion and no it wouldn't stop it but thats not my point really :x

Fine there isn't anything like MLP,

that being said,

sense there isn't anything like MLP there shouldn't be anything stopping dating. NOTHING.  No ones asking for it to suck up 99 percent of the show.

There are couples on the show.  the cakes for example.

Shinning armor and candice.

Princess Celestial has a nephew so someone in her family some where along the line ....... did stuff (LOL).

Unless alicorns reproduce As sexually.

And if they do I wanna see a egg laying episode(LOL).  that's right princess Celestial laying an egg.  And spike gets put in charge of looking after it.  (I kid).

01. In a horrifying farming mishap, Big Macintosh becomes a gelding.

02. Now a princess, Twilight confesses her love for Celestia.

03. Pinkie Pie becomes pregnant, and refuses to say who sired her foal.

04. Possibly related to 03, Mr. and Mrs. Cake split up.

05. In a very special episode, we learn of Rainbow Dash's drinking problem.

06. Rarity gets involved in a massive lawsuit, when she is accused of stealing another pony's dress designs.

07. Applejack becomes obsessed with a lemon tree she finds on a secluded part of the farm.

08. In another very special episode, Angel Bunny is accused of murder when Owlicious is found dead.

09. Heartbroken, Fluttershy is devastated when Angel Bunny is sentenced to lethal injection.

10. Mayor Mare pardons Angel Bunny, but then is removed from office when her mob ties become public knowledge.

Didn't expect an of those from you is everything alright ^^?  I was gonna make a thread if we should get more mayor mare,

but i guess that'll do lol

Didn't expect an of those from you is everything alright ^^?  I was gonna make a thread if we should get more mayor mare,

but i guess that'll do lol

Everything's fine with me. That is just an example of what I use in place of a sense of humor.

img-1379355-5-xtWXQl1.png

The last three I think would make a good "Law and Order" or "CSI Equestria" episode!  I would like to see number seven as an episode. I want to see Applejack losing sleep because she discovers she likes lemons as much as she likes apples. Maybe she can start selling lemonade as well as cider.

The Mane Six (any of them) getting colftriends is something I for one am 100% against, as we already have Cadence/Shining Armor for all of those lovey-dovey aspects the show may want to cover in the future (that was whole theme for 'A Canterlot Wedding').

The Cutie Mark Crusaders getting their Cutie Marks means no more wacky adventures trying to discover themselves. :(

'Princess Skyla' would feel redundant because we already have Pound Cake and Pumpkin Cake for take care of foals-like shennanigans for future babysitting episodes like we had with Pinkie in Season 2., 

Finally, Scootaloo flying.

I know that may sound cruel, but hear me out first;

I LOVE Scoots-in fact, she's my favorite Crusader.

And that's why I want her to remain flightless, but learning that her disability doesn't necessarily define who she as a lesson for the show's handicapped demographic-both young and old.

Plus, she was more or less already envisioned as such from the beginning and her weak buzzing and inability to hover more than a few seconds has all previously led me to believe that she is in fact, handicapped.

In that regard, I think it would be the most respectful thing they could do for the character, similar to Applebloom's realization in 'Call of the Cutie' after Silver Spoon and Diamond Tiara made fun of her for being a 'Blank Flank' and Scoots and Sweetie stand up to them and ask 'what's the problem with that?'.

• Brohoof 1

So any ways we've had derpy,

Sombre,

and alicorn twilight (as well as magical mystery cure)

Don't forget Equestria Girls. There was a totally unnecessary controversy over that also.

CMC getting their cutiemarks will definitely be a bitter sweet episode. Their shenanigans are simply adorable but it'll be a happy day to see their joy and excitement over said cutiemarks. Sure they won't have adventures trying to find their special talents any more but who's to say they won't have adventures trying to master those talents.

There will always be that pocket of the fandom that throws a hissy fit over every aspect of season 4 rather than enjoy it for what it is but pretty much every aspect of season 4 will be criticized in one way or another sadly

Edited by QuirkyUsername

Hmm... personally, I think maybe Scootaloo flying would cause some kind of weird up-roar for a little while. I for one, would find it great, but I think a lot of people would think it was a repeat of the whole "fixing Derpy" thing - I mean, some - or a lot, I'm not exactly sure - of people, from what I've seen, have theories that Scootaloo has some kind of disability/weakness and that's why she can't fly. The reason that I don't completely rule that out either, is because she has been shown to fly - or hover - for tiny amounts of time before being unable to maintain her own weight any more, due to her wings being tiny. That being said, I'm perfectly aware that it is probably just because she is young.

But I think a small portion of people would become incredibly uptight over it, claiming that the show is just ridding of "irregular/queer/strange" aspects in order to maintain "normalcy". Which is a damn shame.

Edited by Flare Blitzy Blitz

from what i understood from the trailer it would appear that the Apples(AJ,Bigmac,AppleBloom,GrannySmith) will lose their farm and is on the move which is giving me mixed feelings bout it

also Luna turning evil again somehow feels awesome :D i feel like Luna was under-rated in the show as she lacked much screen time