Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

A friend's having activation troubles

aoEAF2FBvC0MIo2Q

So, I learn that a friend of mine is trying to make an account here under the name "Esy" but for the past 20 minutes or so since posting this, he hasn't gotten the activation e-mail necessary to activate his account. He's been checking all folders for it but nothing turns up.

I tried looking in the FAQs but couldn't find anything on what measures to take should there be trouble in receiving the activation e-mail. 

Well, first thing is to make sure you have the correct e-mail in the system, he could of mistyped. Secondly make sure any software he has that deletes certain e-mails due to thinking it is spam, is off. If anything just try using a new email account to see if it works, and if it does, just change it to your regular email afterwords. 

If this doesn't work, well, I suggest submitting a ticket.

This happened to me on other site using IP.Board - although, they obviously used a different theme, and might of had different hooks and applications installed on there.

But on there, once you logged in, along the navigation bar there is a resend email button. Not sure if that is the case here though. huh.png

Might be somewhere similar.

Happened to me today, too. When I tried to use an @live.com email it didn't work. This account was made with my gmail.com account, which worked flawlessly. I'd recommend that.

It turns out he has an @live.com e-mail account. 

The concern now is that the original username's been taken and he won't be able to use that name again. Will it be possible to arrange something with the staff and have the unactivated account removed so that he could have that username after the staff can somehow verify that he is indeed the owner of the unactivated account?

This topic concerns a technical or general issue that is better suited for an admin to handle, due to its' complicated or private nature. It is thus better suited as a Support Ticket.

This is an automatically generated message, by the way.