Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why do fans want Luna to be evil?

pinkiefan1287

really the only reason i can think of is some people thing evil is hawt, come on you know it's true, at one point there was one or more female villain(s) you thought was hawt or cute

Edited by ~neutral melon-cat~

This is easy.attachicon.gifThis is why.jpg

They want her to be this. The big bad WITH the royal we and the canterlot voice, armour, the works. Now that Luna has some story to her, folks want her Nightmare Moon persona to get the same treatment.

If you'll recall Nightmare Moon didn't talk in olden type english, nor use the royal we or the royal canterlot voice, which helps the theory that she was possessed by an outside force.

If you'll recall Nightmare Moon didn't talk in olden type english, nor use the royal we or the royal canterlot voice, which helps the theory that she was possessed by an outside force.

thats because it was the pilot episode and they hadn't thought luna out just yet as the show could have flopped and no S2 or S3 would exist,

The thing that possesed her is just as old (if not older) than she is so why would it speak like that? In fact, it would enjoy having the terrifying Royal Canterlot Voice. in the piiot the ponies are all gasps & 'oh noes', yet on Nightmare night the ponies are shaking and on their knees. There more scared of Luna than Nightmare Moon.

So if they had another stab at NMM, they would have to make her visage much more impressive & terrifying, hence why if NMM appear in S4 they should make NMM speak the same way only with much more cruelness to it :)

Edited by Malinter

Why I do like all the villains of the show, I must say I hate it when Luna is evil.  Since she is my favorite princess I never lie it when people think that her normal state should be evil.  The idea of Night Mare Moon is cool and all, but I feel like people glorify it to much, and then forget about Luna herself.  At the moment is understandable since Luna hasn't had much screen time, but this upcoming episode about Night Mare Moon (or at least centered around her) isn't going to help at all.

I don't think the preview of MLP Season 4 was a flashback. Look at Luna's mane in the preview, and compare it to young Luna's mane in season 1. They are not the same. Luna's mane in the preview is the same as the her mane in season 2 and beyond. So I don't think it will be a flashback.

Edited by Xelphos

I don't think the preview of MLP Season 4 was a flashback. Look at Luna's mane in the preview, and compare it to young Luna's mane in season 1. They are not the same. Luna's mane in the preview is the same as the her mane in season 2 and beyond. So I don't think it will be a flashback.

But thats adult luna from 1000 years ago, And more to the point young luna grew into the adult we see now in no time flat after the elements changed her back. We can also see she can shapeshift (when she changes in NMM to scare the kids.)

Nothing is solid when it comes to age with these two. tongue.png

The comics actually show Luna regresses to her younger form if her magic is low.

Edited by Malinter

But thats adult luna from 1000 years ago, And more to the point young luna grew into the adult we see now in no time flat after the elements changed her back. We can also see she can shapeshift (when she changes in NMM to scare the kids.)

Nothing is solid when it comes to age with these two. img-1967611-1-tongue.png

The comics actually show Luna regresses to her younger form if her magic is low.

Well Lauren even stated that her idea of Luna was not an adult yet and that she was still maturing, she said this in 2011 during Season 2 while she was still a part of the team. Though it is unclear.

Ignore the time stamp in the image.

Lauren_Faust_discussing_age_of_Princess_

Edited by Xelphos

Think about it, while her character may be redeemed you have got to admit the villains look so much cooler then the hero's in mlp. 

Suger coated fluffy vs nightmare moon black and blue armour, Sombra's glowing eye liner or dooom!!, and the changlings well changing. face it Villains are way cooler..well when well developed that is.

Well Lauren even stated that her idea of Luna was not an adult yet and that she was still maturing, she said this in 2011 during Season 2 while she was still a part of the team. Though it is unclear.

Ignore the time stamp in the image.

Lauren_Faust_discussing_age_of_Princess_

also in the comics, when Rarity was possesed it actually changed her body to a size similar to NMM. so its possible she was not adult when she became NMM.

Edited by Malinter

img-1967573-1-i__m_a_pretty_pretty_princ

How can someone think this would be better if it's evil sad.png look at her. LOOK AT HER! EVEN IF IT'S FAN ART IT STILL LOOKS AT IT!!!! HOW CAN SOME ONE WANT THIS TO BE EVIL?!!

No one said she had to stop being adorable LOL.

It's a little girls cartoon,

I'm alright, (I think?  Wait i may come to regret this one)

with a evil world ending villain being adorable.

It happens in gravity falls ^^.

also in the comics, when Rarity was possesed it actually changed her body to a size similar to NMM. so its possible she was not adult when she became NMM.

I don't know for sure, I am kinda hoping it is not a flashback. If they are going to go into the history of Luna and Celestia I want it to be something else, not something we already know about. Maybe about how they came to be. Guess we will have to wait and see when season 4 releases. Just remember this is how I see it and want to see it, so don't take it to personally.

Edited by Xelphos
  • Brohoof 1

NO! Luna must remain good :okiedokielokie:

In all seriousness though, I like her better the way she is. Her little struggle to fit in and being an ex introvert really helped her win my vote for best princess. She's just amazing :wub:

Sure when you think of the Princess of the Night, someone who brings darkness, you would want her to be evil, and to be honest, she didn't really seem that threatening or completely evil when she was Nightmare Moon. All she said was that the night would last forever. No slavery, no nothing. So even is she were evil, it wouldn't be that big of a deal. At least that's just how I see it :huh:

But she doubles our fun by being good so KEEP HER THIS WAY HASBRO!! ^_^

Personally, I prefer good Luna. Making her go evil again would only put her in this statistic: 64 percent of those who go to rehab relapse. I like the idea of a plot twist, but I'm really hoping that the preview was only a flashback. I'm sure that even though we know what happened, we can get a lot more detail in what actually happened and what was said. Really, we only have the gist of how she turned and got banished. Plus, it's a sister versus sister match. I'm sure Celestia loved her sister and didn't want to do anything to hurt her. But she knew Luna's banishment was for the best, not just for Luna, but for Equestria as well. But I'm sure that they can put enough drama in there to make a flashback episode pretty good nonetheless.

Again, I like plot twists. But having Luna turn again would just be a disappointment. Like, she's come so freaking far! Why did she have to do it again when she's made so much progress? That's my problem with a NMM return.

• Brohoof 1

Personally, I prefer good Luna. Making her go evil again would only put her in this statistic: 64 percent of those who go to rehab relapse. I like the idea of a plot twist, but I'm really hoping that the preview was only a flashback. I'm sure that even though we know what happened, we can get a lot more detail in what actually happened and what was said. Really, we only have the gist of how she turned and got banished. Plus, it's a sister versus sister match. I'm sure Celestia loved her sister and didn't want to do anything to hurt her. But she knew Luna's banishment was for the best, not just for Luna, but for Equestria as well. But I'm sure that they can put enough drama in there to make a flashback episode pretty good nonetheless.

Again, I like plot twists. But having Luna turn again would just be a disappointment. Like, she's come so freaking far! Why did she have to do it again when she's made so much progress? That's my problem with a NMM return.

Here here on that! Because if she relapses now after all this time, then what's to stop her doing it a third time? I wrote a topic on this though, asking what had changed for Luna now versus 1000 years ago. She still rules over the night, and doesn't get to interact with her subjects much because they usually sleep at night. Nevermind that she's probably a little jealous of Twilight. If you'll notice, compared to her return epiosde on nightmare night, following that episode she takes a pretty serious stance when Twilight is around. And Celestia snubbing her and telling her not to go to the Crystal Empire to let Twilight go it alone probably didn't help.

I don't want a NMM return either, but unfortunately the potential IS there, whether we like it or not.

• Brohoof 1

Well who said she relapsed twice?  I mean that whole 1000 years on the moon was nightmare moon or luna?

I mean i hope we find out,

a real son of a bitch move would be what ever possed her decided "okay i'm gonna go dorment now."

and left luna holding the bag, alone, isolated on the moon.

Wait.. How buck did she get off the moon any way?  I'm shocked I've never see fan or reviewer ask that.  I understand it's episode 1,

thats the perfect time to make mistakes and all,

but thats kind of a big thing.

I mean Celestial goes missing, night mare moon shows up something she couldn't have done on her own,

i don't see a conspiracy,

i see something kinda blatant.  and she swooped in immediately to forgive her sister.  Kinda like she had the whole thing planned out.

I'm gonna go one step further,

who says luna was evil to rebel against her sister?

^^

Edited by FNGRpony

I, like Luna, I have a small bit of Multiple Personas, and i can personally say that it is not always easy to stray from the others. I sympathize with Luna for this reason, as i know what it is like. It gets a little crazy in here. And that is why i have not been to a single school without visiting the guidance councilor at least three or four times. And besides, it is a possibility. I find her more as wanting to be noticed and not forgotten in the shadow (or is it the light) of her sister, rather than willfully wanting to end all light. Read the night that never ended for my reasons. Either way, all craziness aside, it is possible. I know. Trust me(ushemeansusdontbelievehimitiseasytostomphimoutofthemind) on this one. 

...Why did I type those random letters?huh.png  wait... 

how do I edit I need to delete that last post somepony help me please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Q@WERhyj,l

ignore this and part of the previous post. You need not know that contained in it. Oh, tis' so glorious to confuse his mind. We might come out again on these forums. It seems to take his thoughts off us, and makes it easier to take his mind without a quarrel...

wel i think luna should be evil is becuse ther is no evil remaining ponies discord is nice now and luna is no longer "nightmareMoon"

so what more main conflic is ther but i know they will make more in S4 but still.

I think they'd want her to be evil because it's interesting, they really haven't done anything with her character that is worthwhile, and the few moments where she did have some character were pretty much erased later...Like how she was awkward and screamy...Not anymore, that's fine and everything, but it's more or less character development that turns the character into generic...

So that said, her being evil or at the least somewhat conflicted is more interesting than generic royal pony.

People want Luna to go to the dark side solely because they think it would look good. A hero turned villain that doesn't want to back down sounds pretty weird, especially for a kids show like MLP. I remember watching a video on YouTube covering why they think it would be good for Luna to go bad again. Though I don't agree with it; you're up to your own opinions.

Here's the video I was talking about.

I honestly do not want to see her as a villain again. Mainly because of a few different reasons: 1. She was already a villain, a rather notorious one. At the same time, it wasn't exactly her. 2. There isn't much of a reason for her to be one. Some have said that she would become jealous of Twilight, when that would be kinda dumb in my opinion. Luna is already a princess and is a far more important princess than Twilight at this point and she was already jealous of Celestia in the past. 3. All it would do is set the character back. Maybe it could lead to some other development of her character but it would still set back pretty much all development she has had so far. She hasn't had much, but this would hinder that even further.

So that is my opinion on it. As far as I know, she isn't going to be evil again, at least, that is what it looks like. It is just something that I don't see a real point to doing.

• Brohoof 1

People want Luna to go to the dark side solely because they think it would look good. A hero turned villain that doesn't want to back down sounds pretty weird, especially for a kids show like MLP. I remember watching a video on YouTube covering why they think it would be good for Luna to go bad again. Though I don't agree with it; you're up to your own opinions.

Here's the video I was talking about.

Anthony C would kill to see this lol.  He keeps trying to spun luna as Satan and this is basically that theory all in one neat package.. 

Honestly, it baffles me why they would. It adds so much to her character when she attempts to learn how to be social. It would also be another great idea for episodes that don't revolve around the main 6 and the CMC. Nice Luna is charming, funny, silly, and very curious.  She would make for many MANY entertaining episodes. Plus, nice Luna is best princess and a candidate for best pony.

Here here on that! Because if she relapses now after all this time, then what's to stop her doing it a third time? I wrote a topic on this though, asking what had changed for Luna now versus 1000 years ago. She still rules over the night, and doesn't get to interact with her subjects much because they usually sleep at night. Nevermind that she's probably a little jealous of Twilight. If you'll notice, compared to her return epiosde on nightmare night, following that episode she takes a pretty serious stance when Twilight is around. And Celestia snubbing her and telling her not to go to the Crystal Empire to let Twilight go it alone probably didn't help.

I don't want a NMM return either, but unfortunately the potential IS there, whether we like it or not.

Agreed. Seeing Luna go evil again would just be so disappointing. It's not JUST the Mane Six that had to defeat NMM. Luna has a part in defeating NMM too. And I'm sure that's something she has to deal with every day. It's not like she didn't black out being NMM. She told Twi that it was her who took away Luna's dark powers. She definitely deals with it all the time and that Luna's still going through some emotional healing. And I'm sure that everything you mentioned are things that pick at the scabs. But it would be far better--heroic, even--if Luna were to go through that kind of stuff and still not turn again.

Poor Luna. Would hug.