Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Are you against youtube google+ Update?

Slice0Pie

Update  

48 users have voted

1. 1. Are you against it?

• Yes
    • No

I don't mind the layout change.  I just hate everything about Google when mixed with Youtube.  I hate having Google+.  I don't want my computer to be connected to the other computers in my house.  

I sadly lack the programming skill or knowledge to create a rival to Youtube, and even then I lack the advertising talent. If I could get people who had those things...Alas...

Oh it's definitely going to happen, a good group of entrepreneurs  hopefully with business knowledge, will likely take this advantage to build a website capable of competing with youtube, perhaps wiping it out. Youtube will then either have to fix itself or die. (Though it'd take a while for the whole site to die, most of the big youtubers may move out.)

• Brohoof 2

I will say this: My greasemonkey script has reverted a great deal of the Google+-related changes on Youtube so at least there's that. The past few big updates they've done, I just shrug and update the script, completely foiling their plans to make Youtube suck. But this one doesn't seem trickable...

Oh it's definitely going to happen, a good group of entrepreneurs hopefully with business knowledge, will likely take this advantage to build a website capable of competing with youtube, perhaps wiping it out. Youtube will then either have to fix itself or die. (Though it'd take a while for the whole site to die, most of the big youtubers may move out.)

It's most likely not going to happen because people are complacent. This thread is proof enough with its repeated "If only there was something else!" and "We're stuck with it, ahhh" mentality.

Edited by Koelath

I really don't see what Google+ has to do with Youtube.

There is no need to combine them.

Google keeps bloating Youtube with tons of features that really suck.

Google should just keep Youtube simply a video sharing site.

I don't even know what Google+ is! As far as I know it is an annoying thing that is invading Youtube.

• Brohoof 3

The only thing I don't really like are the fact that you have to have Google+ to be able to do everything and that there is no character limit on comments. Other than that, I don't really see a problem. 

Oh, and I think that a lot of this change would have gone over smoother if Google had sent out a message or something telling people the update was going to happen. Just a little "Hey, in a week you'll have to have a Google+ account to be on YouTube" would have helped. It would also be better if signing up for Google+ wasn't such a hassle. 

I think that this is going to be a lot like every other YouTube updates where everyone complains at first, but then they just learn to live with it because no other site can even touch YouTube at this point.

Edited by AyoMistadurrk

Am I against the update? Hmmm, let's see...

This sums up my views pretty nicely and accurately.

Side note: Kudos for OP's username.

I must go, my people need me~

• Brohoof 2

Eh, it's a horrible update. But, personally, I comment on videos once in a blue moon so it doesn't affect me as badly as others. I would like it if Google could stop trying to force people to join their shitty social network known as Google+. I do own a Google+ but I never use it for anything, I have no reason (other than for youtube now) for me to use it. Also, the lack of character limit on comments was a stupid idea. I could see expanding it to 500 or 1,000 character limit, but unlimited? Hell no. I saw people typing chapters of books in comment sections to show how ridiculous it is. So, I'm against it.

• Brohoof 1

I really don't like the way Google are handling YouTube at the moment first they remove the video response feature and now they are forcing us to sign up to there social network site ? I'm still going to use YouTube however I'm totally against this update. 

deffnetly against it it is way to complicated and I you can't post unless you have google+ it is stupid and I hate it people don't have time they did not get rid of inbox for me but I can't recive messages

I'm mostly ambivalent about this whole Google Plus update. The one thing I dislike about it is that the character limit's been removed. It allows people to create these hilarious, but spammy images in almost every popular recent video I've watched. Other than that, the old Youtube comments system was just as bad. A comment with many likes in just a few seconds is considered spam.

Heavily. I'm sure its been said before, but the comments have been even more screwed up, there's really no benefit to merging google+ with youtube, I just don't get what they're doing. I don't even use my g+, and everytime I upload a vid, it automatically shares it though google+

I'm just really ticked off about it.KUbAnTY.png

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

I don't really like it. But, I never use the comment portion anyway. BTW if you don't want your real name shown, you know you can just edit it at Google Plus right? I was "Josh B" at Youtube, so I changed it at Google,and now I am known as "RainbowDashFan" on there. But, the only real thing I do at Google, is work on my documents, I don't even have an e-mail there. And I kinda do like their Image button where I get all my FIM and LPS Pictures.

I am pissed off at Youtube for another reason, that happened long before the update.

Edited by Scootaloo Is Best Filly

• 4 years later...
  • 3 years later...