Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Non-Alicorn Haters Post Here

Lightning Bliss

I never understood why people hate Twilight The Alicorn, or for the lazy people, Twilicorn, *groan*

Any ideas why?

Anyways, more on topic, I personally don't have any problems with alicorn OCs. If I say 'no alicorns' it would have more to do with the story and not my opinion.

I like Alicorns for what the stand for. In my mind, they are a ruling body that is very fair and understandable in their decision making. Unlike some leaders in this current world, they make decisions that people actually stand with.

But anyways enough of that silly political nonsense, I also like Alicorns because they resemble the order in the world. Very few ponies are Alicorns and it was meant to be that way, and it follows a very good order. 

Pegasi are superior race

*runs*

j/k (about the running thing, not the pegasi thing)

Im not a fan of alicorns in general (more neutral really), but I like the idea that Twilight is one.

Does that count? 

I have an alicorn OC, and she's a pretty decent one, in my opinion.

I'm always willing to give any OC a chance, just please...no Mary Sues/Gary Stus(And I'm pretty open to pointing out if someone's character is one). I've seen some pretty darn good alicorn OCs! I love the alicorns in the show, in fact, one of my absolute favorite ponies is Celestia.

Now, the Twilicorn dispute. I fully support it! She's still the same Twi we know and love, and this is pure character development. It's also going to be interesting to see her struggle with princess duties~

Just my opinion.

TL;DR Version: Alicorns are A-Okay in my book.

I agree... I love Alicorns... In my opinion they represent hard working characters who work for the best of their community... sure Alicorns can turn... I mean luna did! But look how much she's done for equestria... she continues to raise the moon at night and lower it in the day time... I used to have an Alicorn OC but I couldn't come up with a good reason so I changed her to a unicorn

You wrote that thread starter very nicely, and how an alicorn is on fact important.

Like many others has said, alicorn a in RP or a fanfic tend to be very boring or perfect characters. However, in the show, nothing is every really mentioned about the importance of being an alicorn itself, but more on the personality of the pony. I feel that Cadence is a good example: there are no back stories as to why she is an alicorn, and it's never really referenced that being an alicorn makes her oh-so-special. What makes her special and a kind character is her ability to spread love and fix heartbreak. I doubt that Shining Armour falling in love with her had anything to do with her being an alicorn.

So, being an alicorn doesn't make a pony a perfect being, nor a boring and empty characters. Just like it has always been, the personality is what counts, and an alicorn is simply another race.

I think alicorns are awesome :muffins: . One of my oc's is an alicorn!

I don't get the point of disliking them. It's your oc and there's no rules on what it can be. It's YOUR oc.

And they're not boring. Pegasus and Unicorn. Awesome :comeatus:

I was never anti-Twilicorn, I was just skeptical. They pulled it off.

I never hate ANYTHING. Hate is a strong word. That for me it would be the same as hating a lesbian. (They aren't my favorite ponies, and like lesbians, just are in a similar sort of analogy if you will, Bisexual:Lesbian::Unicorns:Alicorns. Yes unicorns are my personal favorite pony type)

• 5 years later...