Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Non-Alicorn Haters Post Here

Lightning Bliss

If you are an Alicorn Hater, you dislike the OC of Alicorns, you dont like Cadence and Twilicorn or Celestia and Luna, or future alicorns, please reframe from posting here. This thread is for people who are for alicorns like myself!

For those of you who are like myself, or have OC's of your alicorns have fun posting here!

Why do I like Alicorns? Well I know to some bronies, it's more of a cliche, an excuse for some who can't choose between horns or wings. To me though that's not the case at all, alicorns are an important character in the MLP FIM world and open a whole new view on character development and prosperity to the franchise. In due time I will even go into more details of why I love alicorns so much, but for now I will say this:

When I see an Alicorn, I think of bigger opprotunities, a start in a new life, or the opening to another part of life in ones destiny. Does that make them pure of heart, perfect Mary Sue's as some bronies say? No not at all. Luna was a great example of that, she was once evil at the beginning of the show! Twilicorn is no perfect gem either, she has her flaws, she doubts and makes mistaks all the time. I guess also on a more personal, character design level, I LOVE the designs of alicorns. They are colorful, cristmatic, and have all sorts of ties to them that make them who they are. I love a good OC design when I see one too, theres just something dazzling about them when I see a horn and wings on a pony. I don't even think royalty at all when I see them, I think "wow somepony has obiovusly had a new change of heart or desires, or has approached a new path in their lives". It magical to see that and I love it every time i see it!

My favorite alicorn i have to admit, by far is Twilight. Why? Because she's a perfect example of a nonperfect alicorn. She's grounded and down to earth, still learning what kind of a pony she is. Aren't we all like that in away? Trying to find out who we are? I know I am, i am always trying to make myself a better person all the time, while still trying to figure out who I am as a person as well. But its good to have role models from others as well.

twilight_sparkle_reading_a_book__redone_

• Brohoof 6

I have to agree about the part what alicorns represent :)  

In my honest opinion if someone puts effort / backstory behind it then there is no problem :)  Though I do dislike the generic over done Alicorns :P  

But yeah, if you put in at least a little effort and backstory I love em :) 

• Brohoof 2

I like the idea.  Not sure which of the FC alicorns I like best. 

For fun I did make a male alicorn who was an earth pony and as such has no idea how to do magic nor fly.  And wears saddlebags and a hat to hid his wings and horn.  Not rped him yet.  & he's not related to any fc, which I read somewhere all other alicorn oc's are.   

• Brohoof 1

A lot hate Twicorn because they fear she'll be too powerful, but in season 4 we see she can hardly use Alicorn magic. Twi is my second favorite, Luna is just too wonderful not to be my favorite. Would we be able to count Discord as one (maybe his past self?)  :huh:

• Brohoof 1

I recently noticed there are two kinds of alicorn haters to be fair. One hates alicorn OCs that aren't done right, and others hate it either because they view it as a cliche/or perfect being/hate it for no reason sorts. I would understand those first types of haters but I always argue to give the OCs a chance, especially if done right.

i actually have an alicorn oc. his name is Fallen Star and i used the hate for alicorn ocs to help create hes hatred of himself for being an alicorn. in his story he has to come to terms with who and what he is before he can even understand his cutie mark( aka destiny).

btw i think alicorn is just another race. It are no different then a unicorn, pegusus and earth pony. each has there own troubles shortcomings and challenges to create a good oc

my fave alicorn is Luna. i mean really how could i not love her. Halloween is my favorite holiday and nightmare night is one of my favorite episodes       

• Brohoof 1

I will always give the people who make alicorn OCs a chance, as long as they don't make him/her a Mary Sue or a Stu Sue since having an overpowered OC drains all of the fun out of a roleplay.

• Brohoof 2

I don't see the fuss over Alicorns, I don't think OCs using crazy spells or somehow having ballistic weapons are any better. It's called fun, and if someone wants to make an Alicorn OC they should feel free too, you don't have to have them in your Roleplay.

• Brohoof 2

mutant_alicorns_of_the_goddess_by_brisin

^Best alicorn OCs. EVER.

I think that alicorn OCs are just fine. The problem with them is that people have associated them with raw power, as if they just can't be beaten. This is, I think, reminiscent of season one where the only alicorns we knew were like freaking deities that move celestial bodies around with ease.

Now, they are special, but they are not so alien anymore. It's like they are more relatable now that we know how they are made, and one of our favorite characters has become one. They are more "down to earth" now.

Me, I love a good alicorn oc as much as I ca love a pegasus or unicorn oc. It just needs a good reason to be an alicorn. I have about 8 of them in my RPG with my friends.

• Brohoof 1

The name mine has is Photo Journal, not to original.  I though making him be originally an earth pony would be interesting since he'd have no idea how to do magic nor how to fly.  Also based on what one of the fc's said, forgot which one, she didn't know that could happen.  He hides his wings & horn since he's not sure what to think. 

• Brohoof 1

I've got two Alicorn OCs and the reason why they became Alicorns was because of an ultra-rare genetic mutation. One of them, Melody Breeze, is just like your typical pony. She doesn't represent any royalty or anything. My other one on the other hand, is a male  Alicorn named Night Flare who, if angered, turns into a bat-alicorn with flaming ears. I only use him for Slice of Life and extreme night RPs. 

I would use mine but I've no idea what oc's he'd fit into that would allow alicorns.  He became one while he was out on a trip   His thing was taking pictures and making notes so future generations would not forget, so maybe rememberance or nostalgia. 

In general I can see others having alicorn oc's and they could be done well.  Any sort of character can be a mary sue, a male version, or overpowered, as a pegasus or unicorn. 

Much ado about alicorn loathing, I think the alicorns have a respectable position, with a rank that is earned not given, the exception of course the celestial sisters. Twilight Sparkle had to earn her alicorn status, after she proved that she learned the lesson in friendship, as opposed to the typical Disney story, which the heroine is born into nobility and is raised to assume the role of queen, however in history, the daughter of a noble family does not have the rank princess, until they are married into the royal household. I admire the fact that ponies have to work at being an alicorn, through live lessons and friendship interactions, and if the pony does not learn the lesson they don't get the coveted title, as was the case with Starswirl the Bearded. It echoes with real life, and has resounding moral, the best things in life are won with effort and chance, as anypony can be an alicorn, Cadence was a pegasi and Twilight was a unicorn, I wonder if an earth pony could be an alicorn, but I am inclined to believe so, while Cadence and Twilight are not the most powerful alicorns, they are still amazing ponies, and to see them in action is to see how and why they deserve alicorn status. I do want to see an male alicorn, and especially more alicorns to see how they got to be an alicorn, or learn about past alicorns, even ponies that had the potential to be an alicorn but failed, and finally I would like to see more bronies becoming more accommodating of the alicorns, as they are still ponies, with magic and wings the best of both worlds, so I am supportive fan of the alicorns, and would wish them peace and prosperity.   

• Brohoof 1

I strongly believe what was said in your post there Peter. I would also love to see the possibilities of a male alicorn just to get out of that its only for girls, it shouldn't be just restricted to girls at all. But there is proof that males can achieve that rank in time defiently.

• Brohoof 1

I support alicorns, both ones from the show and some OCs, as long as they have a good backstory and are presented in a way that really shows their inner character, depth, and realism. I've seen some really good alicorn OCs, that are not anything like a Mary Sue surprisingly. They're presented in a way in which they appear almost as real, alive, and unique as any other pony from the show. As for Twilicorn, I am in full support of her. ^_^  As we have seen in the season 4 premiere, she's still the same Twilight Sparkle we all know and have grown to love; the only difference is her new royal title and wings. She still has the same personality, and clearly still struggles just as much as the rest of the mane 6. She was even disheartened and hurt by the fact her friends kept treating her like a princess rather than the friend they've all known and love. Kinda reminds me of how most of the fans overreacted and raged when she first went through her alicorn transformation in MMC.

Just because you have an alicorn appear in the show, or in a role play per se, doesn't automatically make them a soulless Mary/Gary Sue character. I just can't stand it when some immature fans will automatically alienate a alicorn at immediate first glance. Give them a chance why won't you? They may actually turn out to be a wonderfully developed character with a real and lovable personality. :)

• Brohoof 1

I don't have an ALicorn OC but I respect those who make ones as long as they do not make it over the top.

The Entire Anti Twilicorn thing was created from the Anti Alicorn crowd

• Brohoof 1

My dislike of alicorn OC's is not from a lack of recognition regarding the opportunities of said characters. No, my dislike is birthed from the immense amount of fictions, with an alicorn OC(s) included (most often the main character), which fail to properly manage their stories without turning out as overpowered, or a "Gary Stu," and fail to grasp, letalone utilize, said opportunity.

Interesting topic. I like Alicorns as a concept but not so much in every way. People do abuse Alicorns as OCs when the existence of them are rare. I wished good things for Twilight Alicorn but the writers had it in a difficult way. One direction has her being overpowered as Alicorns are almost meant to be. The other results in an Alicorn that is imperfect and not very powerful which begs a question, what is the point of that transformation? Just giving her wings? An emotional trial? Equestria girls had a good change without having Twilight become a  princess. Maybe Twilight should be powerful. Maybe she should not be. But Alicorns are rare and powerful for a  reason.

For all Twilicorn supporters on here, I have great news from deviantart art I found out. At least I hope this is good news. I looked up three different Alicorn Twilight groups on deviantart and looked at the number of members each of the groups have. I then added up all group members of each group to see how many Pro-Twilicorn fans there are all together and as you can see right now... You know what.. I'm just gonna put the numbers down for you all to look at.

130+86+66= 282 fans or more love and support Twilicorn.

Long as everyone respects this is a topic to be FOR alicorns, and not against. So far thanks to all of those for keeping on the right subject hehe.

Like I said before I support alicorns that are well designed as well as well concept made as a character, and forsake those that just choose to have alicorn OCs cause they don't care enough to get creative with it and just pick it out of power or perfection. But so far I've yet to meet folks like that, and look forward to meeting more alicorn lovers!