Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Sequels that were Better than the Original?

Adente

Aliens

The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Rises

The Godfather: Part Two

The Hunger Games: Catching Fire

Spider-man 2

Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Stikes Back

Terminator 2: Judgement Day

X2: X-Men United

X-Men: First Class

The Wolverine

Assassin's Creed II

Assassin's Crees: Brotherhood

Batman: Arkham City

Bioshock: Infinite

The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Fallout 3

Half-Life 2

Left 4 Dead 2

Mass Effect 2

Mass Effect 3

Team Fortress 2

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

Edited by Thoix Heoro
  • Brohoof 1

• Superman 2
  • Batman Begins
  • The Matrix Reloaded

I don't know if I would count Batman Begins since it's a essentially a total reboot and the first entry in it's own trilogy. 

As far as movies;

Terminator 2: The original is just a decent Sci-Fi slasher movie, but the sequel is when it really started to shine and the franchise's high-point. Not only did it have awesome special effects, but the writing was phenomenal and it was capable of being pretty thought-provoking.

Games(here where I can rattle it off)

Assassin's Creed II: More sympathetic and likable hero, no more pointless busywork, cooler looking combat. AC3 improved the combat even further, but I haven't played enough to really rank it.

Skyrim: better leveling system, better game balance, no more breakable gear, enchantments on armor don't drain, better systems for item crafting, better graphics, better weapons, bows and magic actually do something now, shouts are awesome.

No More Heroes II: Removal of that damn over-world system to streamline gameplay, even more interesting opponents.

Resident Evil 4: I'm risking calling in a flame war on this one, but all I can say here is that the series was long over due for an over-haul. We had gotten to point where some of the knock-offs were playing better than the real thing(see: Cursed: The Eye of Isis)

Metal Gear Solid 2: Addition of the map system and first person aiming did wonders, thank God we got Twin Snakes on the Gamecube to make the original a little more playable.

• Brohoof 1

sonic adventure 2 : its awesome nuff said

skyrim: also awesome nuff said

bambi 2: i like how they decided to make an entire movie about bambi growing up though they did screw up somethings.

Phoenix Wright - Trials and Tribulations (not including case 5 from the first game remake on the DS.)

Zvarri! It has been elegantly revealed to me that the third game was better than the first. It had more memorable one-time characters and an engaging storyline throughout every case. Am I wrong?... [/Luke Atmey impression]

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

This movie has always been a bit of a personal favourite for me. It's probably a mix of the pacing, the acting and a good story to bring it all together. It was the only book in the series to not have anything to do with beating big bad Voldemort or some reincarnation of him and I found that rather refreshing.

Sonic 06 Pokemon Gold / Silver

Talk about an upgrade! A day/night cycle, 100 new pokemon to catch, an experience bar, shinies, a whole new region and all of freaking Kanto!... It really was amazing. It still is considering how little storage a gameboy colour cartridge has.

Edited by Celtore
  • Brohoof 1

Here's my list:

Movies:

Shrek 2.

The Rescuers Down Under.

Batman Returns. I know that not everyone liked this movie, particularly because of Danny Devito's dark Penguin character, but I Personally thinks that it's the best one of the original film-seires.

Games:

Portal 2.

New Super Mario U.

Left 4 Dead 2

Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon

EarthBound

These are the only ones I can think of now.

For me 

Super Smash Bros. Melee

Metal Gear Solid 3

Metal Gear Online (MGS4)

Uncharted 2

Starwars BattleFront II

Starfox 2

Super Mario Galaxy 2

F-Zero GX (better than AX)

Mario Party 4 (better than 3)

No More Heroes II: Removal of that damn over-world system to streamline gameplay, even more interesting opponents.

Am I the only one who wished they kept the over-world? I was disappointed that they removed it entirely instead of fixing it as I saw that it had a lot of potential

Am I the only one who wished they kept the over-world? I was disappointed that they removed it entirely instead of fixing it as I saw that it had a lot of potential

Maybe it could have worked if they fixed, but it was broken as hell as it was(it slowed the game to a crawl and was really no fun to drive around in) having to earn so much money to progress was a pain too. 

For movies...

Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan

Star Trek III: The Search for Spock

Star Trek IV: The Journey Home

The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug

The Dark Knight

Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

Star Wars Episode V: The Empire strikes Back

LoTR: The Two Towers

LoTR: The Return of the King

Aliens

For video games...

Battlefield 4

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Far Cry 3

Bioshock Infinite

Half-Life 2

Portal 2

Edited by UberAntics
  • Brohoof 1

The last few harry potter movies were very good indeed,IF ONLY THEY MADE HERMIONES HAIR PUFFY LIKE THEY SHOULD HAVE.

The hunger games:Catching Fire

SO MUCH MORE LIKE THE BOOKS,the Johanna Mason strip-down was amazing and was so book-like from there.

Every saints row game after the first,except saints row IV :/

So many to list at the moment, I'll just give three for each on movies and games.

Video games:

• Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex strikes back
  • Ratchet and clank: Going Commando
  • Transformers Fall of Cybertron

Movies:

• Spiderman 2
  • The Dark Knight
  • Shrek 2

As far as video games go I'd say the Super Smash bros. games actually get better with every new game with updated rosters, areas, and adventure modes. For movies there is Toy Story 2 and 3. Surprising since most Disney sequels are mediocre at best. Also there's Shrek 2. I watched it constantly as a kid and it holds up well. Too bad the last 2 aren't that good and kind of boring.

Postal2

Mw2 (sequel to modern-warfare not the others)

If we are allowed movies that might be made then a second mlp movie (not that there is anything wrong with EG).

For movies...

Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan

Star Trek III: The Search for Spock

Star Trek IV: The Journey Home

The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug

The Dark Knight

Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

Star Wars Episode V: The Empire strikes Back

LoTR: The Two Towers

LoTR: The Return of the King

Aliens

For video games...