Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Maybe I'm too quick to judge, but...

TheCountryArtist

After watching the episodes from season 4, I have to say:

RD seems out of character

So do some of the other characters

I know I'm probably judging to quick since there is only eight episodes so far

But RD...

She just seems out of character... Please don't hate me for saying that, it's just that, all of a sudden she loves musicals, that seems a bit to forced, and in Daring Don't, she also seemed out of character. It may just be me thinking this, but idk.

Edited by TheShyArtist

look at sonic rainboom where she has deep anxiety issues as well as hero worship.

in daring don't she was totally on point.

the musical love came literally out of no where.

it's a writers choice.

I think it would been neat if she went into the musical kicking and screaming and liked it in spite of her bitching.

kinda like some of the fans

• Brohoof 1

From my blog on Flight to the Finish:

Although this episode focuses on the Cutie Mark Crusaders, it’s basically another Rainbow Dash episode. At least this one is a little bit better than the previous one. This is much more like the Dashie I know and somewhat like on a good day than the quivering fangirl mess we had before. If you’ll permit me to go off on a tangent:

In Daring Don't, Rainbow did not act like herself. Many of the reviewers who had a favorable reaction to it argue that it was actually in line with her character to fangirl over Daring Do, because she has fangirled over the Wonderbolts in the past. However, the way she acted in “Daring Don’t” is very different from the way she acted previously. In the episodes “Sonic Rainboom”, “The Best Night Ever”, and “Hurricane Fluttershy”, she did squee a bit when she got to spend time with Spitfire, but she was never gushing about how cool the Wonderbolts are and how lame she is compared to them. She kept her cool, even though inside she was squealing with excitement, and didn’t let her admiration keep her from taking initiative and acting. In “Wonderbolt Academy”, she even had the gumption to go to her idol, Spitfire, and basically say, “I don’t approve of the way this is run, I’m outta here!” All of this is a remarkable contrast to her interactions with her Daring Do, at least in the first half of the episode, so I still think she was acting out of character there.

Edited by SolarFox
  • Brohoof 2

Out of character how? You didn't explain yourself. You need to clarify what actions she's taken make you confused and why you think they are OOC for her.

From what I can tell, this season has her acting a lot more (forgive me for this) "girlly" then in previous seasons... I think RD's finally getting in touch with her feminine side ;)

Edited by Argumedies

I think Rainbow Dash was only acting out of character in Daring Don't, usually I thought she acted the way she does usually when she is fangirling over a person she looks up to. But in Season 2, she has shown to keep her cool and not really go overboard with admiring the Wonderbolts. Quick to judge, I don't think so.

However, the way she acted in “Daring Don’t” is very different from the way she acted previously. In the episodes “Sonic Rainboom”, “The Best Night Ever”, and “Hurricane Fluttershy”, she did squee a bit when she got to spend time with Spitfire, but she was never gushing about how cool the Wonderbolts are and how lame she is compared to them. She kept her cool, even though inside she was squealing with excitement, and didn’t let her admiration keep her from taking initiative and acting. In “Wonderbolt Academy”, she even had the gumption to go to her idol, Spitfire, and basically say, “I don’t approve of the way this is run, I’m outta here!” All of this is a remarkable contrast to her interactions with her Daring Do, at least in the first half of the episode, so I still think she was acting out of character there.

^ I actually thought she was ok in Daring Don't, but you bring up a good point with Wonderbolt Academy.

The fangirl part of her is being drawn out a lot more lately:

Daring Don't - goes crazy over Daring Do

Flight to the Finish - goes crazy over the Games, her position, and the CMC's routine

Bats - goes crazy over cider

RTM - goes crazy over the musical

I just hope this doesn't continue to be a thing. RD's fangirl side should only uphold to her own interests and shouldn't be used to plug whatever presents itself that week.

-