Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

music Your recent album purchase(s)

Sir Hugsalot

Honestly? Most recent?

The recently released (incomplete as always) "soundtrack" for the MLP:FiM series :P

..... Missing so much....

Prior to that... Cello Fury's "Symphony of Shadows"

I pondered the Assassins Creed IV sound track but its missing abt 80% of the blasted sea shanties... How can they call it a "complete" sound track and NOT have the COMPLETE list of tracks?!

Them aside the only other thing within the past year is the Piano Guys vid for "Cello Wars"... hilarious, go check it out :P

I'd have bought more but being under/unemployed has made things very hard..

Bonus is I now have 2 interviews! So yay me! I want work!

Edited by GrimCW

Beyonce and Zendaya's new albums. Beyonce's album is definitely more dynamic and enjoyable than Zendaya's, but I do enjoy the first half of Zendaya's album a lot, especially ' Replay', 'Butterflies', and 'Heaven Lost an Angel'.

I hardly buy any albums, but I did buy an Imagine Dragons Night Visions album a few months ago. I guess that could count as "recent".

Yes this

I just bought this CD about a month ago. I should have bought the one with the extra tracks but I cheaped out.

I also bought the Linkin Park Remix album "Recharged" And the Avenged Sevenfold Album "Hail to the King"

• Brohoof 1

I got... A lot, to say the least. Here they are:

The 12 Stones- The 12 Stones

Petra: The Definitive Collection- Petra

Welcome To The Masquerade- Thousand Foot Krutch

Awake- Skillet

Innocence Or Instinct- Red

Who We Are- Lifehouse

Until The Whole World Hears- Casting Crowns

Into The Light: Deluxe Edition- Matthew West

The End Is Where We Begin- Thousand Foot Krutch

Until We Have Faces- Red

• 1 month later...

I bought two records at Urban Outfitters yesterday (pretty much the only place even remotely near me that sells vinyl). One of them was Neutral Milk Hotel's In the Aeroplane Over the Sea. I've been pretty obsessed with it lately lol. It's a pretty diverse and experimental album. The music ranges between rock, acoustic, noise, and psychedelia. And gets even stranger when you get into the lyrics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iW6umGk0dG0

Edited by LatinoChurro

I've been trying to rebuild my Amazon collection back up before cancelling Spotify. I bought these two albums.

A Day to Remember - Common Courtesy

Skillet - Comatose

Two of my favorite albums from each. I'm hoping to get the following albums before the end of March

Sleeping With Sirens - Feel

A Day to Remember - Homesick (special edition. Both are the same price)

A Day To Remember - What Separates Me From You

Skillet - Rise

Skillet - Awake

We As Human - We As Human

Pierce The Veil - Collide With The Sky

Flyleaf - New Horizons

Flyleaf - Flyleaf

I'm hoping to have most of those by the end of the March.

My most recent album purchases were Dream Theater's "Metropolis Pt 2: Scenes From A Memory", Anthrax's "Persistence of Time", and Megadeth's "Cryptic Writings" (which had the previous owner's concert ticket from the album's supporting tour inside the case insert).

post-24966-0-22163400-1393366271_thumb.jpg

Edited by tehagg

• 2 months later...
(edited)

How about bringing this old thread back to life? Especially after awesomeness I've experienced few days ago? This awesomeness even has a name. Meet Insomnium - Shadows Of The Dying Sun.

403357.jpg?2949

Definitely one of their best releases with only Above The Weeping World being the better one IMO. Production still could be better (drums are kinda buried under guitars) but songs and melodies are beautiful. As well as lyrics. One of reasons Insomnium is popular are their lyrics that stand out when compared to lyrics written by many other melodic death metal bands. And what do they play more specifically? Combine melodic death metal riffs with numerous acoustic passages and You have Insomnium in nutshell. My favourite song from this album is definitely Revelations with awesome lead guitars in chorus. Here it is for those who would like to listen to it:

Now I am also waiting for one... much darker CD. A new release by doom metal band known as Doom:VS who is responsible for releasing one of saddest doom metal albums called "Dead Words Speak". Name of CD I bought is Earthless and I think artwork itself says enough about what should be expected from it.

DOOM-VS-Earthless.jpg

Few words about CD. Depressing. Sad. Heavy. Those words pretty much define it. Tempo of songs is pretty slow and music sounds like it literally was played by death itself sometimes. Yet it's not another cheesy doom metal CD with forced sadness that sounds awfully uninspired. There are true emotions hidden behind it just like there were on Dead Words Speak. Probably it's partially because every instrument is played and composed by one person (yes, Doom:VS is a one-man-band). Also music is pretty much his way to express what he was like in the past. My favourite song from this one is White Coffins. Not much else to say about it. If You don't mind this kind of music here is a song from this CD:

Edited by Sir Hugoholic :3
  • Brohoof 1

I'm not usually up to date with music, but the most recent album I bought that was released in early April this year was 
"Education, Education, Education & War" by the Kaiser Chiefs.

Really good album actually. A purchase well spent. It's a very fun and energetic album, but also has quite a lot of aggression to it, which in my case helped a lot by motivating me through my finals. Would certainly recommend it :)

A few weeks ago, I just recent purchased Nightwish's Dark Passion Play album. It's got a few catchy songs, such as Cadence of her Last Breath. However, I prefer their newer album, Imaginaerum, a bit more.

• 3 weeks later...

So, 2 days ago I got new album. It's by polish musician (underrated one) known as Widek and for my ear his music can be described as a blend of instrumental post rock/metal and djent (although there are only slight djent influences so there will be no boring 0-00-000-00-0-0-00 riffs).

Anyway, album itself is Outside The Universe,

(cover in spoiler)

1002387_562795380429028_327301567_n.jpg

it has lots of tracks (16), but most of them are 3-4 minutes long. I think it's best work by Widek so far and it's one of best releases I got so far this year. It does not get boring, music is very atmospheric and some tracks are really epic, like for example The Space Between Us or Orion. It also has one track with vocals which is Enter Through The Sun (there is also instrumental version from his previous EP Multiverse). 

If You want to hear the album, then there is a video with all the songs availible on YouTube:

• Brohoof 1

I love getting new albums. Nothing beats the feeling of slicing open that glossy wrapping, cracking open the case, then popping that sucker into the CD player and giving it a spin or two. You just can't get that with digital media.

Anyways, here's my most recent CD pickup - The rare "Tales From The Lotus Pod" 2002 Reissue by Dark Lotus. This album generally goes for $35-$60 online as it's been out of print for some time now, but one day while randomly browsing Amazon I spotted it on sale for only 8 bucks! I snatched it up while I had the chance. Only half an hour after I bought it, the 2 others copies they were selling sold out. Dark Lotus is releasing a new album in July so I'll be preordering that as soon as they open preorders.

- P.S, sorry about the poor picture quality

VtAfUOD.png

TMCHZfY.png

• Brohoof 1

The last album I purchased was "This Darkened Heart" by the band "All That Remains", it's has some good death metal and melodic death metal songs and I liked all of them.  My favourite song on it is "The Deepest Grey".  I look forward to Linkin Park's album "The Hunting Party" that will be released this Friday the 13th.

• Brohoof 1