Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Mario or Sonic the Hedgehog?

~Sugar Sprinkles~

46 users have voted

1. 1. Sonic or Mario?

• Sonic
    • Mario

(edited)

Mario can be pretty much anything. Ghost, Bee, Flying Racoon, Plumber, Carpenter, Pyro, Frog, Dino rider, Turtle, Penguin, Statue, Superhero, Human Helicopter, Astronaut, Professional Baseball player, Professional Basketball Player, Professional Soccer Player, Invincible Force of Nature, Rock, Paper, Professional Fighter, Doctor, Spring, Boomerang Thrower, etc. Not to mention over a hundred games worth of experience and knowledge.

Sonic can pretty much be Sonic, Super Sonic, and Weresonic.

I think you know who I'd place money on.

Edited by Tom The Diamond
  • Brohoof 2

Mario can be pretty much anything. Ghost, Bee, Flying Racoon, Plumber, Carpenter, Pyro, Frog, Dino rider, Turtle, Penguin, Statue, Superhero, Invincible force of Nature, Rock, Professional Fighter, Doctor, Spring, Boomerang Thrower, etc. Not to mention over a hundred games worth of experience and knowledge.

Sonic can pretty much be Sonic, Super Sonic, and Weresonic.

I think you know who I'd place money on.

Thats exactly true, he has tons of games, more people know about him than Sonic, and the new sonic games are..weird, but mario keeps going on being awesome

(edited)

It depends. I like Sonic more than Mario. But, when it comes to spin off games, Mario is better. For example, I'd rather play Mario Party than Sonic Shuffle, or Mario Kart instead of Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing.

Mario was always too slow. They were all great games, but I liked the speed of Sonic more. Plus Tails. Tails can fly. Luigi can't. End of story.

EDIT: Also, Sonic 2 was my first game ever. I played through as Tails the first time, then as both the second time. I got stuck on the barrel in Sonic 3 for quite a while though. I guess Sonic fans tend to be a bit more impatient than Mario fans, haha.

Edited by Kapi

(edited)

I've gotta say Mario wins. While the classic Sonic games are indeed decent, the series went down the toilet in it's later years in my opinion, while the Mario series continued having great games added to it.

I prefer the variety of the classic Mario games to the classic Sonic games: Mario 1 has basic platforming, Super Mario Bros. 2 (Don't correct me, I know, I know) had multiple characters and throwing things. Super Mario Bros. 3 had an overworld map, inventory system and a fairly large selection of powerups.

For the Sonic games, the formula really didn't get many additions between 1 and 3. Sure, there were differences, but playing them back-to-back they almost feel like they could be a single, long game.

Edited by King K. Roop LXI
  • Brohoof 1