Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Mario or Sonic the Hedgehog?

~Sugar Sprinkles~

46 users have voted

1. 1. Sonic or Mario?

• Sonic
    • Mario

Sonic, hands down. Played Sonic 2 long before I played Mario 64 and those are the first games I played of each character. Plus, I collect the Sonic comics and I love 'em. I have over 150 issues and lots of the spin-off issues (including the rare Tails miniseries!)

Currently downloading Sonic Generations, I've been hearing good things about it.

Generations was awesome, although I personally would have liked the modern stages more if game play had borrowed a bit more from SA/2, just not a big fan of the on rails style that Secret Rings introduced.

Currently downloading Sonic Generations, I've been hearing good things about it.

I have it on 360, haven't finished it yet, but it is really fun. The remixed music is pretty cool too.

Generations was awesome, although I personally would have liked the modern stages more if game play had borrowed a bit more from SA/2, just not a big fan of the on rails style that Secret Rings introduced.

I don't mind the modern stages too much, I just wish Sega would allow you to play through the original, unmodified, versions. As Classic Sonic, they are pretty cool though. Now, we just need SA2 to be re-released. That would be epic.

Besides, Rainbow Dash would approve of Sonic more. He's 20% cooler than Mario, and faster too. (Though somehow Robotnik manages to outrun him.)

Sonic on the Sega Mega Drive was my childhood. So Sonic for me. I never had a NES or a SNES. My neighbour had an N64 though.

2D Sonic > 2D Mario

3D Mario > 3D Sonic

I'm gonna say both too.

This is also very true. The newer Mario games completely trump the newer Sonic games.

• Brohoof 1

Sonic for me. I just always found Sonic games to be more entertaining then Mario's-with the exception of Sonic The Hedgehog(2006), which was a total disaster.

Sonic alllll the way, baby!

Always always always been a fan of Sonic more than Mario. Of course, that doesn't mean I don't enjoy Mario games too just...Mario games aren't as fun as Sonic games imo. I'm one of the few fans who actually likes 3D Sonic more than 2D Sonic, that includes Sonic and the Black Knight (Widely considered the worst Sonic game by others but one of the best for me)

Sonic Chronicles is the only Sonic game that I can even say "It's okay" for and I still like that game. :P

*Creaking bones while getting into rocking chair*

I remember waaaaay back when Sonic first came out. I already had my genesis, but Sega didn't have a good mascot. And then, the speedy hedgehog with attitude arrived (perfect timing for such an aggressive decade). I still have all my in-the-game-box posters! Never looked at Mario the same way again, no matter how many hours of Mario Kart I played...

Everypony who is a Sonic fan needs to watch this movie.

I remember that movie xDD

Sonic all the way, I'm not really a huge Mario fan (I prefer the LoZ games, mostly cause that's what I grew up on)

Everypony who is a Sonic fan needs to watch this movie.

Ah yes, love that movie. I honestly wish Sera appeared in more things or the movie (Which was technically just a two-part OVA rather than an actual movie) continued on past that somehow. Had some of my favorite versions of the characters, particularly Knuckles.

One reason I've always loved Sonic more is not just the games but the other media too. I love the cartoons, new and old, and I love the comics. In fact, I could almost consider myself more a fan of the Archie comics than the games if it weren't for the fact that I've only read about 100 issues of the Archie Comics and not the whole thing.

I iz Sonic fanboi, hear me rawr.

Mario for me because...

❶ I've played more of his games than Sonic's.

❷ He suited the 3D world. Sonic did NOT!

❸ He is more believable and doesn't have a cheesy voice (I HATE cheesy voices).

Mario, no doubt. He can do anything and be anything.. Even though he has a huge variety of games.... he stays awesome in every game! Mario FTW! **Start dancing**

Posted Image

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...