Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Has the show run out of ideas for villains?

sampsoninc916

I seem a little worried. The only new villain that's really appeared on this show in the new season is Mane-iac, and she was just a comic book character in some enchanted comic book. The only villain that affected anything in Season 4 was supposedly Discord, and the only reason Nightmare Moon showed up was because it was a flashback with animation that would make the godfather of feature animation himself, Walt Disney, proud. For some time after I viewed the Comic Con animatics, I was thinking that Nightmare Moon really was going to come back, yet instead it was a flashback, so Nightmare Moon was just a one time thing. After the 9 episodes that have aired so far in Season 4, I'm starting to think that the show is running out of ideas for villains. Actually, that's my question. Has the show run out of ideas for villains or are new ones coming up in future episodes?

I wouldn't be worried about it too much, right now the writers probably have some new villains that will appear in new episodes that are centered around their debut appearance. I don't think the writers have run out of ideas , the writers still have time to introduce more villains into the show.

Think about it, it's still early in the season to think that the writers have run out of ideas for villains when we have seen what the writers have done in the past three seasons with villains.

Edited by Scootalove
  • Brohoof 1

I would just give it time. It's really too early in the season to say definitively whether or not there will or will not be a major villain introduced. I doubt they've run out of ideas, though.

Edited by Harmonic Revelations

Well it is kinda to soon to say and villains only come up in season premiers or in last episodes. To what it seem the only thing that's going to happen is just natural disasters. But maybe they will come up with one for the future.

well supposedly we're leading towards something big.

Again I love season 4.  even when it's bad it beaks the breaks of season 3.

but there has to be abig pay off.

does that have to be a villian?

That would be the easy answer.

who ever said was in that box was a good thing.

it's part of the tree of harmoney.

unless i miss my guess didn't the tree almost die because of the ponies?

As far as season 4 goes, Suri Polomare technically counts as a lower-level villain, since she is a thief. I'd say she's a villain on the same level as the Flim Flam Bros., in that they may not have threatened anyone's lives, but they did cheat and swindle their way to the top, threatening to potentially ruin others' careers and livelihoods.

Edited by Dr. Mechano

I'm not worried about them running out of ideas,  though seeing Slenderman(e) in the background of Apple Pinkie Pie made me... confused?  Oh well.  After Sombra I don't mind them taking some time to work on the next big villain appearance as not every idea can be on the level of Discord or even Queen Chrysalis, but I have hope that the next villain will still be epic.

Oh and I still believe Sombra can be salvaged, after all he's sort of a blank slate, rather than a poorly written character.  Give him a little more to his character during a return story arc and he could be a villain to be remembered.

Glad I'm not the only one, I love this show overall but an evil villain is what this show needs come on, someone to make things a little bit more evil in the show. We need something to get a little variety in the show

This really isn't a show about villains and we have seen a rise since last season, plus it's nice to see some of the older ones making reappearances. Besides, we're not even half way through the season and we've technically already had three new minor villains so ya. 

Still way too early in the season. I want good villains, and i'll wait for them.

>still waiting for celestia and luna's mom and dad to return as villains

From what i have seen gathered from this seasons the writers are focuing on antagonists that that are there to challenge to the character's individual's strength and weaknesses, that is good enough for plot development at this point, we will probably see a major villian at the end of the season but i think granted there will be more antagonists to challenge the main 6's elements in one way or another.