Farthest points you've traveled

DubWolf

This isn't really a matter of where you've been, but rather how far you have been. The question is how far you've traveled from home going in all four cardinal directions; North, South, East, and West. You can include intermediate directions like Northwest if you feel like.

Also include where you live if you don't mind (you can write the continent if you really don't want to tell us! :comeatus: ).

You can include where you've visited (spent a decent amount of time at) and include where you've been (i.e., an airport for your connecting flight).

For myself, living in Austin, Texas:

North: Frankfurt (airport), Germany; Prague, Czech Republic (to be replaced by Aarhus, Denmark!)

South: Acapulco, Mexico

East: Budapest, Hungary

West: Phoenix, Arizona

Disclaimer: aside from Acapulco, I've been to these places all within the last 4 years (I haven't traveled much). I've traveled very little within the US.

Also, if you have traveled far enough West that you passed your farthest East point by a small bit (unlikely but possible), you can say you've traveled along every single longitude line, or just indicate up to what point you stopped traveling in that direction.

You can use this map as a reference (you may want another map if you need to zoom in or need a more specific map):

img-2243381-1-time_95.jpg

Edited by Wingin'Wolf
  • Brohoof 4

For a point of reference, the farthest you can ever go from anything on Earth is 12,715.43 km because that's the Earth's diameter, which isn't very far in the grand scheme of things.

Personally I haven't traveled outside of my state because I'm too poor to travel (My fear of planes doesn't help).

Edited by Harmonic Revelations

North: New York City, probably.

South: Albuquerque, New Mexico

West: Hawaii (Maui)

East: New York

EDIT: Some friends and I are working on a senior graduation trip to Japan this June, so that'll move my west record by a couple hundred miles (and a few time zones)

Edited by Kolth

When we lived in Massachusetts when I was younger, we went to Disney World most summers, which is both my farthest south and west.

North is either London (where I live now) or Amsterdam, East is when I was in Prague for a baseball tournament.

East: Hungary! 

West: Costa Rica!

South: Also Costa Rica !

North: Germany!

Edited by Sergei

I was born in India, and now I live in the US, so I guess that's my answer =P

Within the US, though (since I've spent most of my life here), the farthest I've been is either Florida or Missouri (from New York).

• Brohoof 1

North: Cleveland, Ohio

South: Orlando, Florida

East: Washington D.C./Baltimore, Maryland (don't remember which one was furthest to the East)

West: Los Angeles, California - more like the Simi Valley area to the Northwest of it. (Oddly enough, I've never set foot in between there and Oklahoma)

So I've never been outside of the country. I'm also pretty sad that Cleveland is as far North as I've been.

I like this thread idea. ^^

North: I haven't actually been very far north. Manchester UK for BUCK 2013 is the farthest I've gone, and that's only about 400km from my homeplace of London.

South: Xixona, Spain, in the summer of 2011.

West: Manhattan, New York. I'm actually not sure if the hotel in New Jersey we stayed in is further west, but they're most likely the same anyway. Summer of 2006.

East: A coastal part of Italy, forgot the name. We went there because we were in Nice, France, and it was a short drive away.

Edited by Flipturn
  • Brohoof 1

Living in Brooklyn,New York,

South was Orlando, Florida

North was Boston Massachusetts

and I guess South West was Alabama.

The farthest I have ever been by myself because my parents hardly let me do anything was North to Manhattan and that was to see Equestria Girls in theaters.

• Brohoof 2

I live in Monterrey Mexico.

North: Cromer, England

South: Mexico City, Mexico

East: Cromer, England

West: San Diego, USA

Farthest city I've ever travel to is Cromer, England... nice town! 

I live in Monterrey Mexico.

North: Cromer, England

South: Mexico City, Mexico

East: Cromer, England

West: San Diego, USA

Farthest city I've ever travel to is Cromer, England... nice town! 

Monterrey eh? E pasado ahi antes, rumbo a Ciudad Victoria (nos emos perdido a veces en tu ciudad!).

• Brohoof 1

I'm jealous! I want to go to Europe sooo bad! I haven't been out of North America yet, sadly :(

Anyway...

North: Niagara Falls, Canada

South: Tucson, Arizona

East: Boston, Massachusetts (pathetic, I know)

West: San Diego, California

Edited by SparklingSwirls

Northernmost point: Anchorage, Alaska
Southernmost point: Kingston, Jamaica
Westernmost point: Oahu Island, Hawaii
Easternmost point: Kennebunkport, Maine

Edited by NomDeSpite

The farthest East I've been is Rochester, Minnesota (1,140 miles away). The farthest North and West I've been is Prince Edward Island (about the same).

My trip to PEI was by van and took about 24 hours given all the stops we made along the way. I flew to Rochester, which although a much shorter trip in length of time, the mileage was more because I had a layover in Atlanta, Georgia. So I reckon the farthest South I've been is there if you want to count it, although I didn't even leave the airport.

I live in Mechanicsville, Virginia. In the U S of A.

• Brohoof 1

Furthest west I've ever traveled wasn't even that far west. I think the furthest I've been would be from Newport, RI (north) to San Juan, Puerto Rico (south and east), and from there to Coos Bay, OR (west).