Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

i've just found out whar an alicorn really is!

Twilight Mist

Contrary to FIM an alicorn is not a winged unicorn, but the horn of one after it has been killed. It dates from the middle ages when people thought that unicorns were real and they believed that drinking out of their horns would cure any poison. What they were actually getting was the horn of a narwhal, a type of whale!

Did...Did you say Narwhales?

Twilight-25.gif

M-Must kill all the Narwhales. :o

(Sorry, the Narwhale thing is an old inside joke between me and somebody else.)

On a serious note, that's rather interesting. I never knew that. Thanks for informing me with the knowledge, because as we know knowledge is power, and knowing is half the battle.

the-more-you-know.jpg

Oh wow, now every time they mention a Alicorn in the show i'm going to think of a dead unicorns broken horn ...wow  :lol:

Another fun fact is that the word Pegasus which came from the name of Hercules' pet winged horse was...well just the name of it, technically they are only winged horses, Pegasus was just a name for one of them. 

• Brohoof 1

Whatever you want to believe anyway, so yeah. Alicorns are probably just ponies that have one horn and two wings, that's how I see it. :P

In reality, they need to have a unicorn's horn and wings from a pegasus.

Edited by Scootalove

Not correct, an Alicorn means both a unicorn's horn and a winged unicorn. Originally it was just the horn but at some point in the eighteenth century it began to be used in reference to a winged unicorn.