Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I've seen enough of these "lanky ponies" to be curious about them.

You know, the kind of body type that Flim and Flam, Cheese Sandwich, Trenderhoof, and the new guy Toe-Tapper have.

Examples if you still don't know what I mean:

Cheese Sandwich

post-9228-0-56195400-1392520631_thumb.jpg

Flim-Flam Bothers

post-9228-0-34784300-1392520747_thumb.png

I don't know if I'm just being a slowpoke here and information on what this is has already been provided, but I really do like these guys.

I feel like, under the artstyle of the show, the "lanky" ponies look pretty nice.

They might even be horses for all I know.

Or they could just be another basic kind of pony that has no real significance at all.

What do you think about them?

• Brohoof 1

actually stallions have a wide variety of designs than mares, however Equestria is more populated by mares. hmmmm :huh:

mares still have some variety    fleur de lis or what ever her name is fleur_de_lis___mlp_fim_by_serginh-d4ulz6

Edited by ~XCOLIDE~

mares still have some variety    fleur de lis or what ever her name is fleur_de_lis___mlp_fim_by_serginh-d4ulz6

let's the see the metrics.

For mares, we have the regular body type (like Pinkie), the fat (Mrs. Cake), horse (Celestia), small horse (Luna and Cadence), alicorn pony (Twilight) and the extra fat (the other female pony that singed in Filli Vanilli)

as for stallions, we have the regular stallion body (Dr Whooves), strong stallion with hard hooves (Big Mac), the Shinning armor style, the muscled type (the stallions that were dancing in at the gala song when Fluttershy was singing and several of Applejack male relatives have this body types), in Sweetie Belle's song about Cherilee we've seen more stallion types, the lanky ones of course, prince blueeblood type too (I think Fancy Pants have this same bodytype), royal guards bodytype, and the list goes on and on :)

• Brohoof 1

Ahh the ponies with the much longer nuzzles. I believe Mr. Cake also has a similar nuzzle shape. I do like zhe variety of pony bodies we have.

Cheese's nuzzle doesn't look "lanky" to me. Looks more like a mare's nose with a stallion's more square head (not as round as a mare's).

One of the things I actually liked about Filli Vanilli was the greater variety of body types shown.  I hope we see more bulky, lanky, and chubby characters.  It makes the world feel more real.

I think they're just normal ponies with different body types.

When the show first started they didn't have much variety because it was cheaper and faster to just have two different body types, male and female, and give them different colors and hair. But as the show production got more complicated and the quality got better, they started adding more variety.

Plus I thing the resident of "Saddle Arabia" are suppose to be regular horses.

The two delegates where only slightly shorter than Celestia.

I've noticed this season, particularly in the last few episodes, the new stallion characters we've been introduced to all have the same new body type. Just something I thought I'd point out and see if anyone else noticed it, and if you have anything to say about it.

Cheese_Sandwich_ID_S4E12.png

Trenderhoof_ID_S4E13.png

150px-Toe-Tapper_ID_S4E14.png

Mac-types are much better XD

I think the newest ones present the personality better. The ones with the Mac-like body shape are usually more masculine.

(for example the guards.)