Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Pick a Flaw - S4E15 Twilight Time

Doctor XFizzle

51 users have voted

1. 1. What is your TOP complaint/dislike from today's episode?

• Cutie Mark Crusaders focus
    • Twilight Sparkle secondary focus
    • Lack of other Mane 6
    • Diamond Tiara & Silver Spoon
    • Sweetie Belle's plans/ideas
    • CMC's behavior
    • Journal entry/moral
    • Lack of lockbox key
    • Other (explain)

She was only there for like 2 seconds and didn't really break the pace to me. And I should have said a lot of the analysts thought that about Rainbow Falls. I personally didn't mind the mane 6 in RF, but pretty much all the big reviewers/ analysts(Digibrony, I think, Bronycurious, MystreriousMrEnter, VoiceofReason) were complaining about it. Also I'm not saying I wouldn't have enjoyed it, but the focus on the school fillies and the CMC/Twilight kept me interested. One last thing, I hate looking at an episode objectively it ruins the experience and i like going into an episode open-minded without high expectations.

Well, it seems you're trying to do that, broheem :lol:

Regardless, it all comes down to personal preference. Who's to say Rarity couldn't have been fit in there for 2 or so seconds, along with AJ, dropping off their little sisters at the beginning? 

I don't recall claiming she needed to be a big part. Just an appearance.

Furthermore, it's not like there was much to complain about today, anyway  :okiedokielokie: Overall, it was such a safe episode. Just bland. I could complain about that, but it really didn't bother me at all, so no reason.

So yeahh, my biggest complain is no Rarity. 

Final answer, Regis. I'm locking it in.

slices-0115.jpg

Well, it seems you're trying to do that, broheem :lol:

Regardless, it all comes down to personal preference. Who's to say Rarity couldn't have been fit in there for 2 or so seconds, along with AJ, dropping off their little sisters at the beginning? 

Furthermore, it's not like there was much to complain about today, anyway  :okiedokielokie: Overall, it was such a safe episode. Just bland. I could complain about that, but it really didn't bother me at all, so no reason.

So yeahh, my biggest complain is no Rarity. 

Final answer, Regis. I'm locking it in.

slices-0115.jpg

Yeah, you got a point there. Sorry if I got on your nerves or anything. ^_^

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, you got a point there. Sorry if I got on your nerves or anything. ^_^

You didn't :lol:

Part of being in Show Discussion, bro :D People challenge your opinions sometimes. Gotta step up to the plate when they do :D 

Anyway, nice having this little 'ol discussion with you, man. 

*Rides off into the sunset liek a baws*

• Brohoof 2

You didn't :lol:

Part of being in Show Discussion, bro :D People challenge your opinions sometimes. Gotta step up to the plate when they do :D 

Anyway, nice having this little 'ol discussion with you, man. 

*Rides off into the sunset liek a baws*

Same to you. Good day, kind sir :)  

• Brohoof 1

If a character does not advance the story, leave them out. Heck, Pinkie was only in there to make the "now they're there, now they're gone when Twilight turns around" gag work, because she's the only one random enough to blow something like that off.

Biggest flaw... no key, in an episode titled with one of the Mane Six. I staked my reputation on it, and FAIL!  :eww: Not that I had a reputation to stake, really... but still!

• Brohoof 1

If a character does not advance the story, leave them out. Heck, Pinkie was only in there to make the "now they're there, now they're gone when Twilight turns around" gag work, because she's the only one random enough to blow something like that off.

Ah. You might've forgotten to quote me, 'ol buddy 'ol pal ;)

:catface: 

I still love you, though   :comeatus: 

Edited by ghostfacekiller39
  • Brohoof 2

Hm...I'd have to say DT and SS's sudden interest in meeting Princess Twilight.

Twi's lived in Ponyville for HOW long?? They could've gone any day they wanted to see the Princess. She walks around in public all the time like a normal pony....so I seriously doubt DT and SS have never seen her.

I rather dislike DT and SS, the ONLY thing I like about either of them is DT's singing voice.

Also....NO KEY! I was going into this episode fully expecting Twi  to get her key.

Edited by ~Flutterdash~
  • Brohoof 1

Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon are not the kind of fillies one should seek the approval of, much less be hung out with, especially given the way they have treated the Cutie Mark Crusaders in the past-especially 'Ponyville Confidential' and 'Flight to the Finish' makes this attitude feel forced.

I actually was very content with today's episode.

I liked seeing more of Twilight because I feel like we haven't seen her as much as we should.

It was weird seeing Sweetie Belle using magic, I mean this has been the first episodes we've seen her be able to use any kind if magic.

It reminded me that the CMC are really starting to grow up.

I don't think it'll be long now before they earn their cutie marks.

But yeah if I had to pick one thing I would consider a flaw, it would be that we haven't had any development on that box with all the keyholes in it.

Like seriously... Let's get the ball rolling on that one soon..... We're waiting....

Well...it was a rather boring filler episode and very predictable.I don't know what to else to say about it, but i couldn't bring myself to care about this episode. Usually when there's a new my little pony, i obsess reflect on the new episode for the rest of the day, even the "weird" episodes that i don't like. Anything for my mind to nibble on, but no, this episode hardly even managed to capture my attention minutes after watching it. I felt my interest waning alot on my first (and only) viewing....
Dunno, maybe I was just too sleep deprived to have the will to care about the new episode.

Edited by crazitaco

• 2 months later...

Normally, I would pick Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon, but holy horseapples, if they didn't actually give them a smidgen of character development in this episode by actually trying to befriend the CMC, even if it wasn't for totally honorable reasons! :blink:

So, since I can't find anything really wrong with this episode (I mean, c'mon, how can you not like Twily finally getting some adoring fans, even if they are all foals? Fans are fans, amirite? :lol: ) I'll just simply say Truffle's cameo should have been a speaking role, harumph! :okiedokielokie:

More love for the pudgy gray fez-donning colt, please! :wub:

I guess it depends on how they've written up the contracts for the voice actors. If they get paid per-episode, I could see why they might drop characters if they only have one line or two. (Which is why I was surprised to see Pinkie and AJ speaking last week in "Inspiration Manifestation" since they barely said anything during their brief appearances.)