Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Pick a Flaw - S4E15 Twilight Time

Doctor XFizzle

51 users have voted

1. 1. What is your TOP complaint/dislike from today's episode?

• Cutie Mark Crusaders focus
    • Twilight Sparkle secondary focus
    • Lack of other Mane 6
    • Diamond Tiara & Silver Spoon
    • Sweetie Belle's plans/ideas
    • CMC's behavior
    • Journal entry/moral
    • Lack of lockbox key
    • Other (explain)

S4E13 - Simple Ways: Trenderhoof (18 votes)

S4E14 - Filli Vanilli: Pinkie Pie's Behavior (54 votes)

If you had just ONE top reason as to why you disliked the episode or thought was a flaw of the episode, which was it?

I don't really have one, this episode was pretty solid and was cute. Closest thing I guess would be Sweetie Belle's planning/idea scheming but even that wasn't THAT bad.

Oh, yes, I'm sure the show remembers quite well how much I absolutely adore Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon given how often they always seem to come with CMC episodes.

... Okay, they actually weren't THAT bad in this episode, but I still hate that the show hasn't discarded them yet.

I NEED MY WAIFU!!!!!!!!!!!1  :angry: 

Alright, yeahh. It always bugs me when there's a lack of at least half of the mane 6, though. I'd prefer to see all of them, but that's unrealistic. 

Needs Mane 6. Mane 6 makes good show.

Rub a dub dub, thanks for the grub.

Amen.

rarity_by_quanno3-d5vz6pj.png

• Brohoof 1

I can't think of much. Well the episode didn't do anything that ticked me off, it didn't really do anything that amazing. It was just your fun slice of life episode with funny moments. I guess the only flaw I could think of is that's there's nothing truly amazing in this episode well besides Sweetie Belle's magic. 

The main thing for me was how frustratingly naive the CMC's were. (mostly Sweetie Belle to be fair) You would think by now they would have learned that it never ends well when they get mixed up with Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon. Also I was annoyed that they actually wanted/cared about their approval.

Me, if I knew a famous princess and could exclude my enemies, I would have rubbed that in their faces. But I guess I can be a bit of an asshole like that. :D

I don't think I had any major issues with the episode's content. It was light-hearted and cute like most CMC episodes. But sadly, it was just really, really boring. I think the only time I laughed was at the beginning of the episode when Apple Bloom asked her plant if it was "laying it on a little too thick" when it mocked Twilight's cough. This otherwise silly episode was pretty hum de dum throughout, and I was disappointed that Twilight was really of secondary focus and learned nothing.

• Brohoof 3

The way how the ponies behaved. They were like zombies wanting to see twilight soooooo much. I don't know it just seemed a bit ...weird to me :P

I don't think I saw a flaw in the episode, but the only flaw I saw was the second time they went with Sweetie Belle's plan even though it didn't look so well the first time wasn't a huge flaw it rubbed me the wrong way though. :P

Sweetie Belle was the biggest problem for me here (which hurts cause she is still best CMC). For the majority of this episode Applebloom and Scootaloo were the voices of reason, whereas Sweetie Belle seems to be trying to learn from Rarity in that popularity is always important. You could argue that it's Diamond Tiara's fault for telling all the other kids, but Sweetie just kept the ball rolling till it careened straight off a cliff. 

• Brohoof 1

The popularity aspect of the ponies.

Popularity always bugs me if it's not for the respect of friends, but in here, it was the usual of what's cool or not.

But I'm glad they learned their lesson as well as improving their skills, mainly sweetie belle!

no the main six did not need to be shoe horned in,

you could have swapped rarity in for twilight but you would had to rewrite a couple of things.

you can't complain about the cmc because it's a cmc episode not a twilight episode.

we got swerved.

I think this is my favorite cmc episode

Like i wouldn't have minded to see twilight struggle with being a teacher a little,

but that's really not even a gripe.

Does a lack of entertaining moments count as a flaw? For me it was pretty consistently dull from beginning to end. The CMC didn't really express any of the things that make them likable for me and more than anything, it just called up questions about why Twilight's status has never come up before if everyone knows she's a princess and that she's famous enough to drive dozens of children bonkers. A minorish flaw to be sure, if you consider it one at all, but the episode just didn't grab me enough to get me to take my mind off of it and roll with whatever happened. I'll call excessive blandness my main issue with it in the end.

I guess the only complaint I have and I know people may argue at me or get mad, but all of a sudden NOW ponies notice "Oh a princess lives in Ponyville, I NEVER would of guessed." I mean I know Twilight is trying to play it low key and not walk around with a crown and scepter, but come on! Still this complaint I have is minor and tiny so, meh.

The problem I have with this episode is not with this episode. It's with the entire series: those ponies saved Equestria multiple times. And one of them is a Princess now.

Ignored

Ignored

Have a celebration because they defeated Discord and make a painted glass.

Ignored

Ignored.

BOOM! TWILIGHT IS A PRINCESS GET HER TO HELP BECAUSE THE OTHER TWO PRINCESSES (forget Cadance) ARE GONE!

Ignored

Ignored

BOOM! THERE IS A PRINCESS LIVING IN TOWN!! OMG!!

Seriously... I'd prefer that instead of doing stuff like this episode this they'd show ponies bowing to her every now and them, little details. And by the way, she lives in a freaking library! Everypony can go see her! It's not like she is out of reach like Celestia, Luna and Cadance.

• Brohoof 1

Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon, simply because I don't like them. At all. They're pretentious, stuck-up snobs who think they're superior to others because of their social status. Not to mention, they're complete assholes. They make fun of the CMC for not having cutie marks even though theirs aren't that great. Seriously, what kind of talent is a spoon or a tiara? This doesn't mean I didn't like the episode, I just don't like those characters.

I really didn't see any flaws, honestly.

I NEED MY WAIFU!!!!!!!!!!!1  :angry: 

Alright, yeahh. It always bugs me when there's a lack of at least half of the mane 6, though. I'd prefer to see all of them, but that's unrealistic. 

Needs Mane 6. Mane 6 makes good show.

Rub a dub dub, thanks for the grub.

Amen.

img-2335395-1-rarity_by_quanno3-d5vz6pj.

Shoehorning characters into episodes where they're not really needed sometimes detracts from the overall story, I mean, season 1 had Twilight in episodes where she wasn't needed and it made them a little less enjoyable. I'm  not trying to sound like I know everything, but i think this season has had some episodes where the mane 6 probably shouldn't have been, I mean look at Rainbow Falls. A lot of people don't like it because all the mane 6 were in it and didn't really contribute anything. Besides, it was nice to have Twilight interact directly with the CMC for most of the episode(for the most part anyway).

Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon, simply because I don't like them. At all. They're pretentious, stuck-up snobs who think they're superior to others because of their social status. Not to mention, they're complete assholes. They make fun of the CMC for not having cutie marks even though theirs aren't that great. Seriously, what kind of talent is a spoon or a tiara? This doesn't mean I didn't like the episode, I just don't like those characters.

Diamond Tiara is always the problem, man.

I feel they were a lot more tolerable in this episode. They didn't really make fun of the CMC and weren't complete snobs. (I still hate them, though) But I don't think they detracted from the episode. 

• Brohoof 1

I feel they were a lot more tolerable in this episode. They didn't really make fun of the CMC and weren't complete snobs. (I still hate them, though) But I don't think they detracted from the episode. 

Oh, I completely agree with that :) I just won't and never will stand them in general, and this is the most we've seen Bitchara in an episode since the journal reporting one, so...xD

I really didn't see any flaws, honestly.

Shoehorning characters into episodes where they're not really needed sometimes detracts from the overall story, I mean, season 1 had Twilight in episodes where she wasn't needed and it made them a little less enjoyable. I'm  not trying to sound like I know everything, but i think this season has had some episodes where the mane 6 probably shouldn't have been, I mean look at Rainbow Falls. A lot of people don't like it because all the mane 6 were in it and didn't really contribute anything. Besides, it was nice to have Twilight interact directly with the CMC for most of the episode(for the most part anyway).

I didn't see anyone complain about shoehorning in Rainbow Falls nearly as much as there were complaints about OOC-ness in the entirety of the cast; I patrol the episode topics, I know what people hated about it ;)

Furthermore, it all comes down to personal preference. To me, being a fan of MLP is about having fun. I dunno about you, but viewing an episode on it's objective quality isn't too much fun for me. I like seeing Rarity. I like fanboying over her :D While I do try to keep my opinions fair, just realize that I, like everyone else, look at episodes subjectively. I'm just one of the few to admit it :D

Everyone watches the show differently, friend; and there isn't a right or wrong way to enjoy a show ;) While you wouldn't have enjoyed it, I would've; and, given all the bronies/Rarity fans out there, I'm sure others wouldn't have minded, either.

Besides...didn't they shoehorn Pinkie in today, at the burger restuarant? :lol:

Edited by ghostfacekiller39

I didn't see anyone complain about shoehorning in Rainbow Falls nearly as much as there were complaints about OOC-ness in the entirety of the cast; I patrol the episode topics, I know what people hated about it ;)

Furthermore, it all comes down to personal preference. To me, being a fan of MLP is about having fun. I dunno about you, but viewing an episode on it's objective quality isn't too much fun for me. I like seeing Rarity. I like fanboying over her :D While I do try to keep my opinions fair, just realize that I, like everyone else, look at episodes subjectively. I'm just one of the few to admit it :D

Everyone watches the show differently, friend; and there isn't a right or wrong way to enjoy a show ;) While you wouldn't have enjoyed it, I would've; and, given all the bronies/Rarity fans out there, I'm sure others wouldn't have minded, either.

Besides...didn't they shoehorn Pinkie in today, at the burger restuarant? :lol:

She was only there for like 2 seconds and didn't really break the pace to me. And I should have said a lot of the analysts thought that about Rainbow Falls. I personally didn't mind the mane 6 in RF, but pretty much all the big reviewers/ analysts(Digibrony, I think, Bronycurious, MystreriousMrEnter, VoiceofReason) were complaining about it. Also I'm not saying I wouldn't have enjoyed it, but the focus on the school fillies and the CMC/Twilight kept me interested. One last thing, I hate looking at an episode objectively it ruins the experience and i like going into an episode open-minded without high expectations.

Oh, I completely agree with that :) I just won't and never will stand them in general, and this is the most we've seen Bitchara in an episode since the journal reporting one, so...xD

Yeah, me neither. I think the show would do better off without them, or at least, actually give them some character development, like why are they mean brats? maybe I'd sympathize with them a little more. Also that episode to me, was kind of a hard one to get though. I hated her the most in that one, and near the end where the town shunned them left a bad taste in my mouth.