Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Are There Police In The MLP: FiM Universe

Moost

I think the idea that stealing is wrong and sharing with those in need has been put fully into effect in equestria over generations, so there is very little crime. But some places still hire ponies for security purposes jut in case. Areas far out and not as connected to the rest of equestria, such as Apploosa require a sheriff to keep those who realize they can get away with crimes more easily in line. Overall I think that the Royal Guard act as police because the way of equestrian society, is somewhat similar to that of ye old England where the kings men maintain the law through their rulers authority.

There are police stallions around, but they seem to be guarding only highly sensitive areas, such as the hospital or the Bits Bank. Likewise the MLP Universe seems to be a feudalism system. Princess Celstia seems to be at the top and she requires royal guards. Meaning the same issues of the human world such as Sin do apply in the pony universe as well. If there is was no sin, no guards or feudal system would be required. 

Which then lends itself to the idea that Jesus would also be required in this world as well. And we do have a savior for this world as well!! :muffins:

I would think that Equestria would have a police force, I think it would be silly for them not to. I also don't think that it's the royal guard, because, well... just imagine this, the British Royal Guard policing around Britian, driving police cars and using police gear and all that, in their not-so functional ceremonial dress.

It would be an interesting idea to explore the idea of prison in the MLP universe. I mean having friends who get caught breaking the law and being put in chains and behind bars is no fun and would be an interesting theme to explore. 

Yes, there are police.  They are called guards, but they essentially serve the same function.  Equestria isn't exactly a military power or a police state, so their forces are very light.  But they do still have a presence in the country.

What would be more interesting to see (though highly unlikely) is if they had to go to war for some reason.

Edited by SBaby

I assume society in My Little Pony is just like human's.

I'm sure there is police, a prison, mental hospitals, etc.

I mean I know we haven't seen any law enforcement besides the Royal Guard but I'd like to think there is police.

I would think that Equestria would have a police force, I think it would be silly for them not to. I also don't think that it's the royal guard, because, well... just imagine this, the British Royal Guard policing around Britian, driving police cars and using police gear and all that, in their not-so functional ceremonial dress.

Wrong country. :) Think Canada. The Royal Canadian Mounted Police is technically also a military unit, although they haven't exercised that function since WWII.

I think all I've ever seen are The Royal Guards which is like having 10 Police-Ponies.

That and Equestria doesn't have a shortage of Princesses to protect ponies that's for sure One Princess is like 2,000 Royal Guards but they're way harder to motivate.

Just easier to stay with the guards that or flip out and become a Super-hero pony/Vigilante.

well, remember griffin the brush off when gilda swiped that apple?

if she would got caught would someone arrested her?  Not likely.  if she kept making a nuisance of her self would at some time the guard be deployed?

Possibly.

I could make a dig about a Utopian society not having a police force,

So i will.

A Utopian society doesn't have a police force.  GA Fa.  than again my ocs a changeling

so take that with a grain of salt.

If there are any police in MLP to fight for the law, don't the Royal Guard get this mention for their duties to everypony?

The royal guards job is to guard royalty and the capital city.

You never see them without one of the princesses nearby, or when they took Twilight to Ponyville in the first episode.

There are other ponies with police and protection duties, like the sheriff in Apploossa, the security guard at the hospital, the TSA ponies in Discord's song, and the cop in Cheese's song when he first comes to Ponyville.

• 1 month later...

I believe that yes, mlp has police, and other forms of law enforcement. The Guards, are the law enforcement of canterlot, simply for ceremonial reasons, because the Princesses live there. Still there is a chance that they also have police there.

In one episode, they even featured a sheriff, so I assume there are other forms of law enforcement. Also, there are security guards.

post-26491-0-80458400-1398665585_thumb.jpg

post-26491-0-38087700-1398665705_thumb.jpg

I'm fairly certain there are.

The Glass Of Water song showed them at the airport, as well.

Royal Guards enforcing the law in Equestria?

That's silly. Does the Secret Service enforce the law in the United States? Mark.

The Glass Of Water song showed them at the airport, as well.

I don't think when Discord takes a dump on reality can be used as evidence.

The comics made it clear that the Royal Guards are tasked with protecting Equestria from threats, whether foreign or domestic.

The Royal Guard plays the role of "policing" most of the time. But I suppose places like Manehattan and Phillydelphia might have a more modern task force. Who needs police when you've got friendship though? Right? Right.....? 

:)