Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If there was a rival cartoon which featured magical ponies, would you watch it?

Rarity Paige Belle

MLP exists to sell toys, and has the market cornered. Any new attempt at a new brand line of pony toys for little girls would be an absolute failure, so no company will try it.

MLP exists to sell toys, and has the market cornered. Any new attempt at a new brand line of pony toys for little girls would be an absolute failure, so no company will try it.

http://www.licensing.biz/news/read/toy-brand-filly-to-become-tv-show/028565

Screen 21 will produce a 3D animation series featuring the Filly horses, which is a toy property owned by Dracco.

Dracco has sold over 50 million Fillys to date. It's the number one toy for girls in Germany and number two in Poland. Simba Dickie Group is the master toy distributor and licensee, along with other worldwide partners.

• Brohoof 2

Sure, if the other show was any good I would certainly give it a chance! :) Though chances of it being any good are very slim, and it would probably turn out to be a show that actually IS for little girls,so.... >_>

I might watch it...

I would.

A rivalry of who's better sounds epic, but of course MLP is always #1. ;)

...rivalries are fun and all....

Certainly and if it would become a rivalry it would strive both shows to be better then the other which would mean..

EVEN BETTER QUALITY!

....the increase in quality would be nice.....

Okay, but what if it was made by PBS and was educational, would you still watch it?

.....depends what it is teaching......

I await the epic pony wars between the FiM fans and the Filly Funtasia fans:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bv4NwK2BNXA

......OH HELL NO!!! FILLY FUNTASIA IS GOING DOWN!!!! :angry:  :muffins:

There may be a friendly rivalry in this scenario, but if the shows are similar enough to merit it, more than likely there would be plenty of fandom overlap. I think "best show" would resemble the "best pony" thing, a bit of light-hearted debate and the odd bit of overdone fanboying, but we'd all still be in the same general group.

It depends.  If it's a good show, I'd watch it.  But if you're asking if I'd stop watching FiM because of it, the answer would be no.

• 7 years later...