Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Like Ponies, but not other furry stuff?

Bendy

Like Ponies but nothing else non Humanoid?   

19 users have voted

1. 1. Like Ponies but nothing else non Humanoid?

• Anything that's sapient minded.
    • Just Ponies and non furry Humanoids.
    • Just Humans only.

Like Ponies but nothing else non Humanoid? 

I like Ponies (really like Ponies), but I like nothing else non Humanoid. I don't like furry stuff either. As far as I'm concerned, they are too diffident things. Even if it's a

fully sapient Khajiit from the Elder Scrolls universe, I don't like them, personality yes, but not other things.

The personality of Ponies make me like them the most, Twilight and Applejack I like the most. Even though, I know it's highly unlikely I'd ever be able to date them even if I met them, whom would love a nerd like me? Unless they were My Little Humans in certain parallel universes.      

Maybe, I'm sick in the head and need be thrown into an insane asylum for my line of thinking, but I think of MLP FIM Ponies as the same thing as liking or dating aliens from Mass Effect.

Also Xenophilia applies to everything that's sapient. Even if it's as ugly as Zoidberg. 

Edited by Rush

The survey question confuses me, but my answer would be that I don't really care about furry stuff. I can enjoy things with humanized animals in it, it's just that it isn't a massive selling point for me.

To me, being a furry fan is being a huge fan of some weird arbitrary aspect of a medium, like "I'm a toocammer! I'm a fanboy for tv shows with a two camera setup!"

• Brohoof 1

To me, being a furry fan is being a huge fan of some weird arbitrary aspect of a medium, like "I'm a toocammer! I'm a fanboy for tv shows with a two camera setup!"

Yeah, I've always thought the same. Honestly, who cares? I don't consider myself a furry, but I find art with anthropomorphic characters to be no more or less appealing than with human characters. A character's species doesn't matter to me at all.

I don't mind cartoons, etc. with talking animals, so MLP is just fine by me. However, the mixture between humans and animals I just do not care for at all. Like anime characters with cat ears and tails... That kind of stuff literally makes me cringe. Likewise, Equestria Girls when they're in their partially ponified forms is very cringeworthy.

furries rule, lion king awesome. my brony friend who is a furry and brony same as me kidded me the other day "spirit is a better movie than the lion king" im like "thems fighten words" anywho actually i would debate weather bronies arnt a sub section of furries? 

• 7 years later...

I don't like furry stuff at all. I find it rather uncomfortable, and especially disgusting when there is sexual connotations with it. I don't consider MLP a furry thing, there are some that do and I don't agree with it. Anime girls with cat ears and tails, that just makes me cringe as well. 

There's always a bad side to everything. That's just what it is with this imperfect world. MLP? Yes? Furries? Oh yes. Furries have done some of the most amazing things. Just seeing someone in a fursuit makes me smile, because they're spreading joy throughout their community. Furry art can be all sorts of things: epic, cool, adorable...so in the end, there's absolutely nothing wrong with furries. It's all how you look at it. 

• Brohoof 1

I have seen humanoid furries I find attractive. Krystal from Star Fox being a good example. But finding humanoid ponies attractive far outnumbers other furries, and I prefer them human anyway. Pastel skin or otherwise 

27 minutes ago, Steve Piranha said:

I have seen humanoid furries I find attractive. Krystal from Star Fox being a good example. But finding humanoid ponies attractive far outnumbers other furries, and I prefer them human anyway. Pastel skin or otherwise 

I prefer human or anthro ponies to normal ponies. The only 'saucy' things I look at are strictly those, I won't stoop so low to look at furries or normal mlp ponies in that kind of light. 

If I were to be part of another fandom, I guess it would be an easier adjustment to be part of Furrydom as opposed to, say, Weebdom(?) with Bronydom and Furrydom sharing the theme of anthropomorphized animals. But if I were to look through aspects of Furrydom, I sense that I am in foreign territory.

I am not sure how that fandom works. That is to say... Bronydom is centered around a show (possibly two with the upcoming G5) with its own specific characters, stories and universe whereas Furrydom seems to be centered around the far more general concept of anthropomorphized animals. So I would expect there is far less any two random Furries would have in common with one another than any two random Bronies.

On 2014-03-02 at 5:21 PM, jaime_lion said:

furries rule, lion king awesome. my brony friend who is a furry and brony same as me kidded me the other day "spirit is a better movie than the lion king" im like "thems fighten words" anywho actually i would debate weather bronies arnt a sub section of furries? 

I see there being overlap but both strike me as being distinct entities. Furrydom has its own history and, at least as far as I am aware, Bronydom emerged independently (presumably as a means to troll 4chan mods?) instead of as a subset of Furries who got particularly interested in MLP and branched off.

Edited by Luna the Great of all the Russias
  • Brohoof 1