Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming The Saddest Scene You Have Seen

Khaoios

Seigmire of Catarena going hollow in Dark Souls.

Incase you do not know the story. Seigmire is in londran to cure the undead curse so he can return to his wife and family. He is a coward but this hope motivates him to progress but when his daughter tells him his wife passed on. He just gives up. And I was forced to kill him ;_;

Solaire comes close with his insanity but since you can save him I will not put that in.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Oh god the sad scenes...

Every sad scene from Disney I'll just start with those.

But the worst of the worst for me is this...

EDIT: ah god here come the tears... *grabs a tissue*

Edited by Lightning Bliss

Telltale's The Walking Dead Spoiler!!! You have been warned.

Lee's dead from The Walking Dead, it definitely was the closest I was to crying in a video game... *sigh* the feels...

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

this thread is gonna contain so many spoilers :P

anyway, mine would be the death of Isaac Clarke in dead Space 3. i've been a fan of the series since it's release in 2008, and seeing it die like that is just really sad to me.

BIG TUME SPOILER

he didn't die

As for mine it would actually be in the latest episode of hunterxhunter with the closing of the ant ark story.

Edited by Digit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UkZOZIO63I

To this day, Vin Diesel is the only man who has made me feel silly sad feelings and tear up.

BIG TUME SPOILER

he didn't die

As for mine it would actually be in the latest episode of hunterxhunter with the closing of the ant ark story.

SPOILER

DLC....still dies :(

Mordin's death in Mass Effect 3 hit me kinda hard

(I am the very model of a scientist salarian...)

Yup yup...

I'd say the ME3 ending, but that's more of a "holy sh*t, what the f*ck, why would Bioware do this, there is no God" type of sadness, which later turned into righteous indignation.

(edited)

For classic gaming I'll go boring here and say Cid's death in Final Fantasy VI (if you failed to catch three healthy fish he dies and stays dead). Also Aeris/Aerith dying at the hands of Sephiroth in Final Fantasy VII.

Newer releases next. 

The opening scene in The Last of Us. You start playing as Sarah ... and then this

http://youtu.be/Ur9OJmA8GBE

The last scenes of The Walking Dead.

:(

http://youtu.be/GKyWmEFLmTE

I almost hate both those games for doing that to me. One of the best gaming moments I have experienced. :D

Edited by Jeric

That movie is just about forgotten it seems. Anthony Hopkins puts in a masterclass of a performance when he has the stroke.

And Elliot dies. :o

Right?! Anthony Hopkins kills it in this movie!

Also this is quite possibly one of the saddest (yet still incredible) movies ever.

• Brohoof 1

The death of Cortana, as a long time halo fan, even if halo 4 was awful in a lot of ways, seeing such a huge part of the halo character roster go out like that. It certainly hit home.

As for movies

https://youtube.com/watch?v=DVZ_HB9EMXs

This entire movie was pretty much "dark and grey and the world hates you" the movie.

And then, after running from canibals, and looters, as the father and son finally reach the coast. The father dies. After all that tension, after scene after scene of how much he cares for his son, his death was rather emotional.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=hnSls7XNPU4

Most of the S-IIs, Johnson, and now even Cortana. Being Chief's friend is deadly.

Sincerely, the ending of the Bad Future bonus story in Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky, where

Grovyle, Celebi and the others end up disappearing...

#sosad

Spock's death and funeral, from Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan

This is, without a doubt, the most heart-wrenching moment in the whole Star Trek series and the saddest scene I've ever seen (even though they resurrected Spock in Star Trek III: The Search for Spock)

• Brohoof 1

For me, it was probably the scene where Lucas and the Masked Man are fighting just after the Masked Man is uncovered to be Claus in Mother3. The two of them being unable to hurt each other even though that is what has to happen to save/destroy the world

I believe I've said it before, but Klonoa: Door to Phantomile still holds a spot as one of the biggest tear-jerkers for some of its moments. I went with the two that were the primary cause of this.

((skip to 3:51 for the actual scene, though there's no harm in watching the whole thing))

Perhaps the most unexpected depressing moment in any video game ever, this part of the game was just so... so unexpectedly sad! All throughout the game, there's been a mostly happy vibe to it, from the cutesie design, to the 

Everything post-final-battle in this game was a stab in the feels, and this just shows it! I mean, the near-loss, the despair, that plot twist, those screams of terror, that GODDAMN song...!

THIS GAME IS HEARTWRENCHING I LOVE IT

All those scenes i haven't seen and people are talking about them... Well mine is... when Captain Anderson/Commander Anderson dies in Mass Effect 3... *sniff sniff* "You did good son... you did good... I'm... proud of you..." *dies* BOUHOUHOUHOU!!! WAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is so touching!!!

• Brohoof 1

@, Ok, no offense intended at all, but imo, I regard any Halo games not made by Bungie as purely fanfic.  In other words, the events in Halo 4+ did not really happen.  If it's not made by Bungie, it's not Halo, that's what I say.  Sorry, I don't mean to be rude or anything, I'm just kind of passionate about this subject.

Anyway, saddest game scene for me is definitely Final Fantasy XIII.  People hate on that game so much, but I loved it.  Sure, it lacked a lot of exploration and diversity and the like, but the great points of that game are the characters and the story.  So.  Many.  FEELS!  I love the scene when Hope finally spills his guts to Snow about his mom, but I think the saddest scene for me had to be when Sazh finds out who Vanille really is.  That whole scene where he levels his gun at her, then turns it on himself, was just...mindblowing.