Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

which is better? Being single or not?

Espurr

Neither, really, since both have actual benefits to each. For example, being single means you can be more focused on other things rather than a relationship while dating someone means you have someone to love and you may possibly feel less alone. I'm single myself but neither is better than the other. 

• Brohoof 8

It depends.

Introverts would probably prefer being single, while extroverts would probably love to be in a relationship.

Me leaning towards the extroverted side, I enjoy having a girlfriend. It's nice.

• Brohoof 1

Not. I hate being single. While I'm not the type who would have a girlfriend just for the sake of having one (meaning I'm not going to start a relationship with someone who is awful, just to be in a relationship), I am extremely unhappy alone. Besides the obvious enjoyment from being loved and cared about, I also really miss caring about someone. I like having someone to love, someone I can make happy just by being around. I don't generally use the term "single", I think of it more as being alone. 

• Brohoof 2

It depends on the person. Being single, you don't have to worry about anyone else but yourself. However, and take it from me, it gets really lonely at times. All the riches in the world mean nothing if you don't have anyone to share them with. :(

(edited)

Depends on how you feel at the time; if you're ready or not.

Me? I don't want to date anyone; I'm fine the way I am. I am beautiful, no matter what they say, words, can't, bring me down...

Oh, right.

Yeahh; if you yourself as a person are ready to take the plunge, than go for it. Just be sure you're in the right state of mind and not in some toxic "lemme date you because I'm single" sorta mindset :D

Edited by ghostfacekiller39
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

I'd like to get in a relationship someday, but for now, the single life is more beneficial for me. I don't have to worry about the drama or my wallet being drained and I can focus on my studies and job prospects.

I've never been in one before, but my friends have shown me they're nothing but trouble... I mean sure, not everyone is like that and many relationships are beneficial as opposed to toxic, but I shouldn't be worrying about this sort of thing now.

So in short: there's a time and place for everything.

Edited by Celtore
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I wouldn't know, I've never not been single

but both sides have their benifits, "rich get richer and the poor get... children" (The Gr8 gatsB)

Edited by Sky Cutter

Some people are happier single while others are not.

I don't mind being single for awhile, but it does get a little boring after a certain amount of time.

I've been through a few abusive relationships when I was thrown down a flight if stairs and boiling water thrown on me, so... I'm just going to wait for the right person to come to me ^^;

However I have met someone on this site wen we are in a long-distant relationship.

I believe in the saying "Good things come to those who wait".

Being in a relationship is better for the overwhelmingly large majority of people. Most who "want to stay single" are lying to themselves.

Neither, they all have their ups and downs but depending on the individual and their circumstances it can sometimes be better for them to be single perhaps not for good but maybe for that particular time in their life. Being single is a lot better than being in a bad relationship or relationshit as I sometimes call it, so many people fall into this "forever alone" trap and think they will never get a date ever and I understand I really do but you all really need to cut it out or else that could become a self fulfilling prophecy. I am only human, I get lonely sometimes and I have certain needs but I am not getting a girlfriend by feeling sorry for myself.

Introverts would probably prefer being single

Some of them perhaps but there are also many of them that do want a relationship yours truly being one of them. Introverts just want different things out of relationships and approach them a bit differently, they are less likely to go to a bar or something like that to meet someone for example. I don't like crowds and loud noises but in certain situations I can tolerate them and still have a good time, because of my Autism I often have to deal with sensory overload which is one of my main reasons for being more introverted.

It depends.

Introverts would probably prefer being single, while extroverts would probably love to be in a relationship.

Me leaning towards the extroverted side, I enjoy having a girlfriend. It's nice.

I disagree, I'm an introvert and I love being in relationships. It gives me one person to spend time with besides myself even I don't want to be around a lot of people. 

I think that it's good to be comfortable being single so that you can appreciate your relationship. As long as you're in a healthy, respectful relationship it's probably better than being single (from my experience). But if you rush into relationships because you don't want to be single then everyone just ends up hurt and it's probably not better than being single. 

I agree with WheatleyCore!

Having a boyfriend or girlfriend is a responsibility! But it could be vert worth it, having someone who loves you and you love back and stuff :3

Oh the cute couples xD Anyways, I'd like to conclude with a quote from the musical Wicked, kinda taken out of context,

"If I'm flying solo, at least I'm flying free!"

I admit that I don't know what it's like to be in a relationship, but being single has always worked for me. It depends on the person and the relationship. As has been stated many times, an abusive relationship, or even just a poor one, is not worth it. There are also people (I know from experience) who freeze at the thought of talking to new people and go out of their way to avoid social interaction, which is not conducive to forming relationships. I admit that the companionship of a relationship may be enjoyable, but ultimately which is "better" depends on the individual.

I have a girlfriend at the moment, and while things might seem harder to keep up with than when you are single, the moments you spend with someone you ACTUALLY love feel like everything is worth it! I know that's cheesy but is just the way it works for me.

• Brohoof 1

As someone who just entered into a relationship after bring single for 3 years, and having a couple relationships before them, I can definitely say both have their ups and downs.

As for bring single, you are definitely going to be saving money. Girls are expensive. Anyone will tell you that. I haven't been in my current relationship for that long and my wallet is already crying.

As for being in a relationship, it is beneficial if you do it right. A relationship with the right person is one of the best things that can happen. You have someone that you are really close with, and most of the time share some common interests (while she finds my gaming habits and Bronyness weird, we still share interests like bowling, and we both are Christians).

However, a relationship with the wrong person will end badly. I was with someone for a little while, and we honestly didn't have that much in common. Now, we don't even speak much anymore.

So to wrap it up, stay single until you feel like you've found the right person. Never date just to date. You'll save money and you will be happier.

Single is better in some ways but when you really find someone you love to be around and can go places with, it's an amazing feeling so I prefer to be in the relationship I am in now.

Relationships do lead to some emotional stress but that's just something you have to work though together.  :)

Non of them are better, depends on the person. Personally I'm a bit of a loner so being single is fine by me. Just one less thing to worry about, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't be willing to try a relationship it just depends.