Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

which is better? Being single or not?

Espurr

alllllllllllllllllll in perspective based on current situations. neither can be called "better." after I was done with a few month relationship couple years back, I has happy as can be to be single. at the moment, Im currently really looking for a relationship with someone who I very much like. So in the past: single. Right now: Relationship. Thats just me though. 

(edited)

Dude... if you could rate how much I would prefer taken over single, I would rate it 10 out of 10. No questions asked. If you ask why, you will get showered with endless thoughts.

seven_kenobi_01.jpg

Edited by Super80 Wolf

While I think that (if you can) it's nice to have at least one relationship so you can say you've tried it, being in a relationship is overrated.  Then again, the only person I've ever dated wasn't really "my type."

• 5 years later...

Trick question. Before I was married I would have said being single, but now I say married is best for me. You have to love yourself enough to be okay with being single if you are- whatever your relationship status is.

• Brohoof 1

It sort of depends on the relationship in question. I would definitely take a relationship like the one I'm in now any day over being single, even if my life were good. :) But I would take being single over a toxic relationship any day. :dry:

As for the relationships that ended up just being wasted time? I don't prefer one or the other then. AT least in those relationships there's something there, but it was a total waste nonetheless.

Edited by Dusklicious

Being single for 28 years and quite frankly, I'm pretty indifferent about it. 

• Brohoof 1

I guess it's all in what you value most. If you enjoy personal freedom and not having anyone inhibit your doing anything you want, single is your thing. If you prefer having someone to share life's experiences with, to learn from, share affection and achieve your goals with, marriage is the clear choice. For me, as much as I was fine being single, I far prefer being married. I like it and it makes me a more complete person that going solo. Humans aren't always cut out to be solitary beings, and depending on someone else is a sublime act of trust that elevates everything to a higher level of existence. The married unit or family unit is the best a person can aspire to in my opinion. 

• Brohoof 1

I don't know since I've never been in a relationship. 

Will I be able to fall in love someday? To really care for someone else without an ounce of selfishness behind? When being together is just an evidence and make both sides so happy, like a super special friendship?

I fear love but I won't say being single is perfect. I just want to thank people for sharing their stories here about how to be happy, being single or in couple. 

to be honest is too much of a subjective question to give you a straight answer, I have been on relationships and I loved them until they ended 

For me, being in a relationship is the best feeling in the world. I love everything about it, especially physical affection (man, do I miss hugs). Being single does have its perks I guess, but I'd go back to being in a relationship in a heartbeat if I could.

I say single, but that’s personal. I do believe most people don’t want to become single due to social pressure and expectations, but it depends on the individual to find better to be either single or not

It depends on how you are. Mostly, when you're young, it's better to stay single because those relationships don't tend to last while when you are older, everyone is more mature and finding your true love is easier and more rewarding.

I think it depends on what you are llooking for in life. What are you aiming for etc. I dont think either option is better than the other in objective sense, but for some people being single is better and for some people its not better. I think it all comes down to the fact on how you structure yourself and your surroundings and what you use as a base for those structures.

Some people can solidify the base in themselves other people look for someone else to solidify their base on and structure themselves around that. It gives people some content in their lives some people are able to find the content from themselves and other people use others as mirrors to reflect and justify their own content to themselves,

• 1 year later...