Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Derpy losing her job?

Cast

(edited)

Just accrued to me that with the post office most likely going to close in the next 10 years, are we in turn putting Derpy out of a job? and if so what do you think her new job would be?

Personally I see her running for president (can't do much worse V_V), but what do you think she would do if she was not a mailmare?

Edited by Cast

(edited)

Um what?

The US post office is downsizing, closing up alot of post offices nationwide....something like that.

That said, I don't think Derpy is quite out of a job just yet, she can get a job with one of the other mailing companies that mail packages, as internet ordering isn't going away anytime soon.

Edited by SailorCardKnight

What, what? Its been in the news for some time, but its not the point of the topic, its about what Derpy's next job would be, was only a topic starter gosh lol

I remember some silly news agency said that the US govenrment's plan was to I quote "Eliminate the US Postal Service in its entirety by 2015"

What? What the hell do they expect us to use for shipping (no not that kind :P) and mail?

I'm guessing that news agency (I want to say it was ABC's Good Morning America, but I can't quite remember exactly) had its facts inaccurate or were just completely talking out of their ass!

Derpy lives in Equestria, and I think the Equestria's post offices are doing fine.

Afterall, postoffices in the USA are shuting down because people r using emails instead, but they probably don't have emails in Equestria, so it's not a problem there.

• Brohoof 1

Shipping is still a large, heavily utilized industry. Her skill set should easily transition over to parcels and packages. Even better, start her own baking delivery service someone else mentioned up top.

Also, Just FYI, I'm about 99% sure that the US postal service is now a private entity, no longer under government control :) And I honestly don't see the PO shutting down any time soon. Not as long as there's junk mail, companies that refuse to go to paperless billing (my effing water company), and goods shipping. I mean honestly, how many of us add 5 bucks to our Amazon order to nab that "Super Saver Shipping!"? Who does that go through? The good ol Postal Service. So as long as there's the internet, there will be the Post Office, and Dearest Derpy has job security :)

My first reaction was, DAFUQ?

Then the comments explain it a bit. A clear case of an American thinking they are the whole world.

Anyways, don't you think she was already fired by now?

She would start up MuffinEx. Like FexEx, but with muffins.

This has derpy written all over it. A transportation service for muffins? brilliant!

Unlike the US government and its numerous agencies, I doubt the Equestrian postal service suffers constantly from downsizing rhetoric.

just so you know I don't think America is "The Entire World" I just live there so I do talk about things going on in my own country, just like I'm sure you do, and it was simply an example to start a conversation nothing more.

I'm sorry but not all Americans are self centered, a lot of pony's outside seem to think we are, but guess what you think a lot about your own country and are proud of it why can't we?

And ya I think Derpy is safe I don't recall there being computers in Equestria, have not finished the new episodes so was just making sure, still a green brony lol

My first reaction was, DAFUQ?

Then the comments explain it a bit. A clear case of an American thinking they are the whole world.

Anyways, don't you think she was already fired by now?

Well the usage of baby dragons by celestia could have a great impact on the amount of mail that post offices relay. I can see post offices downsizing in equestria. I think shed go to her old removalist job, surely she cant be too bad at it ...hopefully

Well the usage of baby dragons by celestia could have a great impact on the amount of mail that post offices relay. I can see post offices downsizing in equestria. I think shed go to her old removalist job, surely she cant be too bad at it ...hopefully

Derpys a perfectly good removalist. If you want something removed she'll get the job done.

Oh you wanted something moved? and intact? Oh, well I guess Derpy should probably stick with her day job...

Edited by Raptor_a22

If Derpy lived in the U.S at all, I don't think they'd give her a post office job! The U.S is too prejudice and horrible a place to give anyone like Derpy a chance at being a postal worker!

Maybe a Walmart door greeter!

If Derpy lived in the U.S at all, I don't think they'd give her a post office job! The U.S is too prejudice and horrible a place to give anyone like Derpy a chance at being a postal worker!

Maybe a Walmart door greeter!

Also the USPS is firing everyone.

just so you know I don't think America is "The Entire World" I just live there so I do talk about things going on in my own country, just like I'm sure you do, and it was simply an example to start a conversation nothing more.

I'm sorry but not all Americans are self centered, a lot of pony's outside seem to think we are, but guess what you think a lot about your own country and are proud of it why can't we?

And ya I think Derpy is safe I don't recall there being computers in Equestria, have not finished the new episodes so was just making sure, still a green brony lol

I bet you all would have the same reaction if I made a thread that said:

"Is Derpy getting no supplies in Aysen?"

I would need to give some more context atleast, not assume people know it

Just accrued to me that with the post office most likely going to close in the next 10 years, are we in turn putting Derpy out of a job? and if so what do you think her new job would be?

Personally I see her running for president (can't do much worse V_V), but what do you think she would do if she was not a mailmare?

actually, she's looking into UPS and stuff. People will still need that kind of mail! But it will be hard for her, the last time she did the job, the had a piano and....you know the rest.