Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Kodiak

Applebuck Season was the episode that hooked me, and I had not been especially impressed with the first three episodes. The first three episodes set up the overarching story for the first season, but Applebuck Season is the first one that really introduces you to all the mane characters in their normal lives.

I would say that if someone watches the first four episodes and is not into it, they're never going to be. Maybe show them Dragonshy if they're still undecided at that point.

Friendship Part 1 (S1E1) then see if they want to see the next part.

Friendship Part 2 (S1E2) if they're still interested, find something based upon the aspect of the show they liked most.

Music?

Specific character?

Magic?

Villains?

A location?

etc.

(edited)

Depending on the person I show them either one of these episodes:

-Return of Harmony (Pt1)

-Return of Harmony (Pt2) (Commonly used for Trekkies or those who like comical villains)

-Lesson Zero (Very general conversion episode, good balance of action, comedy, and character insight)

-It's About Time (Good for gamer fans, action fans, who like the darker elements of a show)

-Party of One (I use this one if they appear to be more prone to converting, because of the normal tones of the show, but the sudden psychotic twist certainly takes them by surprise)

-Friend in Deed (If they look like they will enjoy the music, then this will be a very good intro)

-A Canterlot Wedding (Pt 1 and 2) (If they have an affection for Disney, music, or plot twists, it's spoiling though, so I somewhat avoid this one)

Out of all of the episodes, I usually avoid the actual pilot episodes the most because they are the weakest ones of the show. But if you are able to successfully convert someone to become a brony, the pilot is the best place to get the world history and better to properly introduce the characters.

My brother was a bit of a hater. The first episode he would agree to watch was Lesson Zero. He's a brony now.

Edited by Brisineo

• 4 weeks later...

some time ago I tried to introduce someone to the mlp series.she watched one episode and said she didn't like it.I found it astonishing she could say such a thing after just watching one single episode.so I was thinking which episode would be the best to introduce someone to the mlp show (without taking what that person may like in mind) so they would be able to get a (relative) good impression?

I would say start with the first episode. It ends on a cliffhanger, so if your friend is interested he will want to watch the second episode, too. If he doesn't show interest after the first episode, well then you planted a seed and maybe if you leave it alone it will grow.

If you don't want to start with the first episode, then I would go with an episode that showcases some of the humor and awesomeness that the show has to offer. For most people that I know that would be Sonic Rainboom. Other good suggestions would be Dragonshy, Bridle Gossip, or Mmmystery on the Friendship Express.

If they are a Disney fan they will probably be sold on Winter Wrap Up.

Just remember, not everyone is going to like the show, or even give the show a try. I work with a few people that think it is childish to watch cartoons at all -- those people are out there.

• 4 weeks later...
(edited)

So I was on my way to church with my parents driving, and I saw this car to the left of me, i looked at its windshield, and I saw that it had a sticker of rainbow dashs cutie mark, so i told my parents and there like "Whats up with that" So i told them they should watch an episode and they said "sure" So i knew the first people to ask...they weren't available so i decided to talk to you guys, just kidding mlp forums was the first place i came up with.

Anyway, both middle aged adults ,42 and 43, any episode they would actually enjoy? I haven't watched mlp in a long time (got bored of it, needed a new season to come out) but some of you have, so, a little help here?

Edited by caesar15

Hmm... It oils recommend lesson zero considering it is the exact opposite of what to expect from a children's show. Your parents will most likely get a good laugh out of it in the process. Good luck with your soon to be brony parents.(or not based on their tastes) you sir are lucky you have those kinds of parents.

Hmm... It oils recommend lesson zero considering it is the exact opposite of what to expect from a children's show. Your parents will most likely get a good laugh out of it in the process. Good luck with your soon to be brony parents.(or not based on their tastes) you sir are lucky you have those kinds of parents.

Hehe, thanks, lesson zero, hmm... that seems alright, but there's still some children elements, but i am brony and there not so...yah thats gonna be an option i'll put on the list.

I would say the last 2 episodes of season 2, canterlot wedding. I think those 2 are the best episodes of the entire show, has a nice story, and represents the characters well.

I thought about that too, i don't know if they ll want to sit through 40 minutes however, i ll ask them.

A Party Of One! It's a great episode that can bronify most people! It's the TOTAL opposite of a stereotypical G1 tea party and there is a lot of humor involved!

• Brohoof 2

I'd say Lesson Zero. Lesson Zero is the exact opposite than your parent's would think a little girl's show to be. Also, Lesson Zero seems to be the norm for conversions and introducing FiM to others.

A Party Of One! It's a great episode that can bronify most people! It's the TOTAL opposite of a stereotypical G1 tea party and there is a lot of humor involved!

Eh, i dont know about that, most people, but my parents aren't exactly the average person that can be easily bronified.

You just can't go wrong with the Discord episodes. Were either of them fans of Star Trek: The Next Generation? If so, tell them that John De Lancie, who played Q, provided the voice of Discord.

Nah, none of them are start trekkies, but, those episodes are good, and i'll keep that as an option as well.

2 votes for lesson zero i see, and 2 votes for the discord ones, gonna be a close competition , gonna nominate some and poll em soon.

Well they're about the same age as my parents then. I would say, show them MMMystery on the Friendship Express. Reason? Well if you were about to show a friend MLP for the first time, you should have shown them Dragonshy or Lession Zero. Or maybe just the first three episodes if they wanted to. But I am not sure if the crazyness in lession zero will be something they like. MMMystery On the Friendship Express has alot of film references from the time they were young, such as James Bond. Maybe Winter Wrap Up or Feeling Pinkie Keen.

I think you should decide yourself :)