Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you dis your parents for their mistakes on MLP?

ScarfaceOne

Oh Celestia. My Mum thought that there was a key every episode this season. Which there is not. Do you dis your parents for their absent-minded stuff. Like ''MLP is a girls programme i don't like you watching it''? My mum is slightly confusing.

I haven't told her but she always wants me to be cool, I don't want to be cool though, she'll say "you shouldn't watch this show, it's not cool!" Honestly I don't care what people think of me as long as I have a least 3 close friends with similar interests and I'm having fun.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I lucked out and got a dad that accepts me being a brony and a mom who not only accepts it, but truly wants to know more about us. She's watched a few episodes and likes it, not as much as me but sees why I like it. Sometimes I'll come home from the station and find random pony merch sitting on the table for me from them going shopping that day. Sometimes they get characters' names wrong and make other mistakes about the show but I got the long end of the stick on this one. It's not worth screwing that up by being assy to them. Polite corrections? Yes? Ball busting? Hell no!

Edited by FMStorm
  • Brohoof 2

No. No one in my family really talks about me watching it. I figured my father would be the one to rag on me about it now and then but he doesn't say anything. My nerdy mom who is always spouting hippy stuff and equal rights and all that is actually the one who says stuff that irks me a bit whenever she does say something, but that's not very often. I just let it slide.

I'm 27 though so I don't care what other's opinions about me are. I can do my own things and it shouldn't matter to others since I don't try to shove it down their throats.

Not really. My mom knows I watch it, but she doesn't care. 

I lucked out and got a dad that accepts me being a brony and a mom who not only accepts it, but truly wants to know more about us. She's watched a few episodes and likes it, not as much as me but sees why I like it. Sometimes I'll come home from the station and find random pony merch sitting on the table for me from them going shopping that day. Sometimes they get characters' names wrong and make other mistakes about the show but I got the long end of the stick on this one. Polite corrections? Yes? Ball busting? Hell no!

Wow, that's awesome :)  I wish my mom did that. Well she bought me a random blind bag figure once, it was Celestia, but I seemed to have misplaced it.

My parents could care less that I enjoy MLP and they even actively search for merchandise of it. They could really care less about what I'm into, and my mother will sometimes watch the show with me but she doesn't care for it. She really liked Weird Al as Cheese Sandwich though. 

No, my Dad passed away two years ago so I never really got to see what his reaction would have been to me being into ponies though I am sure he would trolled me about it a bit. As for my Mom she is okay with me liking the show but my brother poisoned her perspective on the fandom and is a bit worried about me being too open about it (it is not like I go shouting it in the streets but I do have some pony shirts). I am not going to "diss" her about it but will make it clear that I like it and nothing anyone says or does is going to change my mind about it. If anyone is getting dissed it is my brother who really should have known better than to tell her what he did with her being a total worry wort and all.

Edited by EarthbendingProdigy

My parents thought I was weird and I respect them for that since it's their opinion but my dad, despite getting the idea of my love for the show, does have some reservations on the topicand for that, I secretly hate him for not seeing past the girly imagery and what actually made the show such a huge hit.

My mom, she is tolerable but she wanted me to have restrictions so that I don't go overboard; I don't blame her since she never saw the show fully even if she saw bits of it.

No, I don't. I think I'm a little too old to dis my parents for things they don't know.

I do sometimes feel the urge, though. My mom is cool about it, but I don't like it when she keeps on asking me why I like it. The answer is always the same, "Good writing, nice art and lessons meant to teach children things adults tend to forget".

Maybe I should let them watch the brony documentary..

My mom thinks it's weird that I like MLP, but she doesn't bring up it up too much, so not much dissing can be done.

As for my dad, he doesn't seem to care, and I think he might actually like it too. He once sat down and watched 3 whole episodes with my brother, sooo...