Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

School Bans Rainbow Dash Backpack for Bullied Kid

Simon

I've been following this story religiously. It's absolutely ridiculous that this culture where the victims get blamed because the people who should be protecting them are perpetuating violence through inaction is still a thing. I want to give this kid a hug and the most epic brohoof.

I've been there. I've been that kid that liked something in my targeted age group that others thought was strange. It's hard. But people on, say, the county's Facebook page, saying horrible things such as "parents need to stop raising pussies and fight for themselves with a good old ass kicking" are also perpetuating violence as a solution. I'm sorry, but not every kid is a violent person. Grayson likes MLPFiM probably because it teaches the magic of friendship and solving problems in ways that don't involve fists and bloodshed.

I could really go on for weeks about this, but I really hope that Grayson will find some awesome friends that like Rainbow Dash too.

To me, this situation is kind of silly. Flak me if you want, but the ponies are irrelevant here.

I mean--any bullying situation, any. The school decides to respond to a bullying situation by advising the kid 'try not to antagonize your bullies and stop doing anything they could make fun of you for'.

Why would you think for one second that that would fly, anywhere in this country?

• Brohoof 2

To me, this situation is kind of silly. Flak me if you want, but the ponies are irrelevant here.

I mean--any bullying situation, any. The school decides to respond to a bullying situation by advising the kid 'try not to antagonize your bullies and stop doing anything they could make fun of you for'.

Why would you think for one second that that would fly, anywhere in this country?

Because the US School system is lazy as shit and will generally pick the easy way over the right way. 

• Brohoof 5

Again my name is Grayson to, so this kinda get me a bit worried knowing that I never got bullied and I'm homeschooled. I thought to myself, "They're starting a campaign for the wrong person!" But then I realized that it wasn't me it was another Grayson. I relaxed. But I'm thinking you start this whole uproar for another kid who got bullied? Haven't we done that already America? This is getting kinda old.

Edited by Bridge

I'm glad the are allowing it.

Kids at my school wear Mario backbacks, Winnie the poo backpacks, Spongebob backpacks, Backpacks with wings on them, etc. and the school doesn't ban THOSE. So it is only fair that they allow Grayson to wear his Rainbow Dash backpack.

Lazy school systems are very liberal with their punishments. One kid does something, and they punish everyone for it, whether or not the kid did anything wrong or not in the first place.

They are irrelevant!

Sadly that doesn't stop people from realizing that this is a perfect opportunity to troll bronies.

I'm still surprised people don't fight back more. Bullies only pick on people they perceive as weak.

The school would probably punish him for fighting back and defending himself. That is how all schools work. Bullies get off scott-free and the victim suffers.

The school would probably punish him for fighting back and defending himself. That is how all schools work. Bullies get off scott-free and the victim suffers.

Probably.  But the bully problem would be solved.  That's worth a suspension in my book.

• Brohoof 1

Probably. But the bully problem would be solved. That's worth a suspension in my book.

Yeah. I think it is worth it, too, but the school threatens the kids with "out of school suspension" and the student's "permanent record". My parents have always told me that when someone punches me first (with the intent to harm me) it is always acceptable to punch them back, even if the school is going to do something to me for defending myself.

I also greatly dislike this situation.

It's just a backpack, you know?

If the school knows it's going to be a big deal, 

then why not just do something about the people who will make it a big deal?

Don't send the kid home, don't tell his mother to not bring back his backpack.

I mean, this stuff really makes me sick.

It's just so stupid.