gaming DEATH BATTLE

Adorkable

Out of interest, why do you say her Nightmare Moon form "boosted" Luna's power? I don't remember that being stated. Plus regular ol' Luna's petulant stomps are strong enough to crack the ground (Luna Eclipsed) or stone balconies (Princess Twilight Sparkle) Heck, the whole wall behind her was cracked.

attachicon.gifbscap0088.jpg

attachicon.gifbscap0089.jpg

She's demonstrated super strength that Celestia never has, although I'm sure she could if she wishes.  

Because in the Nightmare Rarity arc in the comics, it clear cut showed Nightmare Moon not only as a separate entity, but it powered up a normal unicorn in Rarity to being able to be superior to a depowered Luna in a 1vs.1 fight. It's not that Luna isn't strong on her own, but she clearly has received a power boost from Nightmare Moon when other sources have generally placed Celestia > Luna in power but Luna was able to force Celestia to use the Elements of Harmony to beat her when she became Nightmare Moon.

• Brohoof 1

Some things they got wrong in this DB:

> The fortress megaman lifted is 1,000,000 tons, not 60,000. That's 10x what Astro Boy displayed.

> Black holes in MM are legit. They're not "fake" black holes. Wtf does that even mean?

All in all, just one more to add to the list of DBs gone wrong.

Funny how they didn't bother to attribute MM's Battle Network feats too. Guess SA only likes to use composite characters when it suits them.

• Brohoof 1

Because in the Nightmare Rarity arc in the comics, it clear cut showed Nightmare Moon not only as a separate entity, but it powered up a normal unicorn in Rarity to being able to be superior to a depowered Luna in a 1vs.1 fight. It's not that Luna isn't strong on her own, but she clearly has received a power boost from Nightmare Moon when other sources have generally placed Celestia > Luna in power but Luna was able to force Celestia to use the Elements of Harmony to beat her when she became Nightmare Moon.

Evidence from the comics has no bearing on the show's continuity. The comics have an entirely different creative team working on them. And I've already pointed out issues on which the comics clash with established canon presented in the show. "Other sources" might be relevant, depending on how closely the creators are involved with the show itself.

Then again, I guess this is a DEATH BATTLE thread... :)

• Brohoof 1

Evidence from the comics has no bearing on the show's continuity. The comics have an entirely different creative team working on them. And I've already pointed out issues on which the comics clash with established canon presented in the show. "Other sources" might be relevant, depending on how closely the creators are involved with the show itself.

Then again, I guess this is a DEATH BATTLE thread... :)

The comics are considered B side canon and everything written in there is treated as if it's part of the show's lore unless it contradicts the show which the show's canon overrides it than. It's been a standard policy of Hasbro to treat every media material on their toy product as canon from the main show.

Funny how they didn't bother to attribute MM's Battle Network feats too. Guess SA only likes to use composite characters when it suits them.

That's probably because they aren't the same character. Mega Man is a robot from a future with chock-filled with robots. Battle Network Mega Man is a Net Navi, he's basically a sentient computer program. In addition, I believe they're like from completely separate continuities, one where robots are the future and the other where computers are the future.

One Minute Melee ideas:
Anakin Skywalker VS Riku (Kingdom Hearts)
Natsu Dragneel (Fairy Tail) VS Prince Zuko (Avatar: The Last Airbender)

I think Anakin vs. Riku might not be a bad idea. I think I saw a comparison between Star Wars and Kingdom Hearts once that compared the two.

Natsu vs. Zuko is a straight up stomp in Natsu's favor though. Natsu eats fire, which is Zuko's main weapon. Which not only heals him, it also powers him up. Zuko doesn't have that same sort of defense. Considering that Natsu demolished a city block in his debut appearance and regularly makes a mess of the surroundings, he's got Zuko beat in sheer power. Granted, power isn't everything, but it is a big thing.

That's probably because they aren't the same character. Mega Man is a robot from a future with chock-filled with robots. Battle Network Mega Man is a Net Navi, he's basically a sentient computer program. In addition, I believe they're like from completely separate continuities, one where robots are the future and the other where computers are the future.

I think Anakin vs. Riku might not be a bad idea. I think I saw a comparison between Star Wars and Kingdom Hearts once that compared the two.

Natsu vs. Zuko is a straight up stomp in Natsu's favor though. Natsu eats fire, which is Zuko's main weapon. Which not only heals him, it also powers him up. Zuko doesn't have that same sort of defense. Considering that Natsu demolished a city block in his debut appearance and regularly makes a mess of the surroundings, he's got Zuko beat in sheer power. Granted, power isn't everything, but it is a big thing.

That's precisely why I think it would work as a One Minute Melee instead of a Death Battle. I'd actually kind of rather see Portgas D. Ace VS Zuko though.

• Brohoof 1

Green Arrow vs Hawkeye?

Finally, a good one. Those seem to be rare.

After watching the latest Team 4 star movie, I'd now like to see a DBZ androids battle royal. 18 vs. 17 vs 16 vs 15 vs 14 vs 13/ Super 13. 

Movie androids are hard to piece when they fit in, and all that crap like most movies.

I'd still go with 16, since he manhandled imperfect Cell, and even managed to restrain Perfect Cell for about a minute.

Edited by Zhortac

Green Arrow vs Hawkeye?

Finally, a good one. Those seem to be rare.

Indeed. This one should definitely more than make up for all the crap ones.

Movie androids are hard to piece when they fit in, and all that crap like most movies.

I'd still go with 16, since he manhandled imperfect Cell, and even managed to restrain Perfect Cell for about a minute.

I agree with you. 16 would beat Android 13. Even if they were evenly matched like I read they were if 16 was allowed to use his bomb that would have enough power to kill Super 13. The fight would end in a draw then though.

Speaking of draw matches:

I do agree that the result of Eggman VS Wily was tricky to calculate but regarding The Goombas vs The Koopas I really think that The Koopas should have won.

Good fight. And Green Arrow VS Hawkeye is going to be next. This is gonna be fucking awesome. I've been waiting for this one for literally years now.

Not surprised from what I predicted.

Edited by Singe
  • Brohoof 1

Didn't expect Megaman to lose. I mean I began to realize how Death Battle is completely wrong on their estimate of video game characters. Taking into account what happens in games, the logic of it and the fact that every game of that series is different, one has to know that you can't take what happens in games seriously and with logic at all. Yet they took everything they can find in different Megaman games to give Megaman an edge and has done this for other characters as well. That's completely bogus. There is inconsistencies in video games and for a good reason. In cutscenes the video game characters are treated in a canonical sense and can die from gunshots or stabs but in the game they have a life bar or HP and don't die from gunshots and stabs they clash in consistency and this is for good reason, in video games they change the laws and rules so the player can have a chance playing the game but in cutscenes or cinematics they make the character as what they really are. And the laws and rules of the video game character change when they are put into another game of the series or of a spin off. The reason why video game characters win almost all the time is because of this flawed estimation of them and taking every advantage they can figure out in different games they have been is completely unfair for characters that haven't been in many video games or any games at all.

Fair enough, tho they still horribly downplayed Megaman's feats (see spoiler).

That's precisely why I think it would work as a One Minute Melee instead of a Death Battle. I'd actually kind of rather see Portgas D. Ace VS Zuko though.

A better match would be Zuko vs Roy Mustang tbh, tho I'd probably have that in DB than OMM since they're more comparable than Ace and Natsu with relation to Zuko.

Edited by Galen
  • Brohoof 1

Didn't make sense that Megaman had all those weapons. He would have had to have defeated all those robot masters to get them during that fight with Astro Boy. But he didn't so it made no sense for him to have all those weapons. The only thing he would have is his Mega Buster.

Even with just his mega buster, he should clock in at small planet level DC at the very least and multi-planet level durability. Not to mention MFTL combat speed. Astro Boy shouldn't have stood a chance.

Edited by Galen
  • Brohoof 1

To be honest, I kinda do not like Death battle. I prefer Epic Rap Battles of History wherein the viewer gets to decide who wins or not. 

Death Battle just seems like a medium to start fan wars and such, and plus, I wouldn't doubt it if they base their battles out of the votes from different playerbases. They do have polls set-up in their website. I highly doubt their battles are legit, considering they would probably base their results on majority votes, or which character has a bigger fanbase. 

Take the RD vs. Starscream one. I was actually surprised in the end. I am not a fan of Transformers in any way, however, I still think that RD would not have an easy chance against a transforming mecha-warrior who is designed to actually fight. All the mistakes made was on behalf of Starscream, and RD should have broken at least a couple of bones when Starscream managed to whack her away from him, cause, he is made of metal. And with the gattling gun style weapon Starscream was using, which is designed to fire more than a thousand rounds per minute and hit fast moving targets with as little accuracy as possible, RD would have an immense spray of bullets flying at her. 

It would have been better if they decided to settle it the true MLP way, love and tolerance wherein they actually have a ceasefire and learn how to get along. MLP probably has a much bigger fanbase than Transformers, so there is a possibility that their polls for this battle was overwhelmed by Bronies, and they decided to go with the majority vote for more popularity. 

Edited by Flying_Endeavor
  • Brohoof 1

To be honest, I kinda do not like Death battle. I prefer Epic Rap Battles of History wherein the viewer gets to decide who wins or not.

Rap battle victories being based on majority votes make sense to me since it's not an outright battle. That's one thing that really irks me about Bat in the Sun too. They debate all the pros and cons of the characters in question but it's just a masquerade for a popularity contest. I can give them credit in that they sometimes make alternate endings and they're generally fun to watch. Batman vs Vader was pretty good for instance, altho realistically Batman would destroy Vader given prep. All he'd have to do is go to Myrkr, pick up a few Ysalamir and along with some of his other gear, he could even solo the entire Death Star even if you were to possibly include Palpatine.

What would be interesting now that I think about it is if you had Batman vs Death Star, Vader, Palpatine and Thrawn with the objective of rescuing Supes. Thrawn's intellect is pretty high up there.

Edited by Galen

Rap battle victories being based on majority votes make sense to me since it's not an outright battle. That's one thing that really irks me about Bat in the Sun too. They debate all the pros and cons of the characters in question but it's just a masquerade for a popularity contest. I can give them credit in that they sometimes make alternate endings and they're generally fun to watch. Batman vs Vader was pretty good for instance, altho realistically Batman would destroy Vader given prep. All he'd have to do is go to Myrkr, pick up a few Ysalamir and along with some of his other gear, he could even solo the entire Death Star even if you were to possibly include Palpatine.

What would be interesting now that I think about it is if you had Batman vs Death Star, Vader, Palpatine and Thrawn with the objective of rescuing Supes. Thrawn's intellect is pretty high up there.

Yeah, whichever character is more popular wins in Death Battles. And that is not really fair, tbh. Hence why I prefer ERB, where there is no definite winner and it is up to us to decide who wins. The Death battle one just urges fighting between fandoms and flamewars, all for the sake of them getting more popularity with the bigger fandom, thus, generating more subscribers. 

Didn't expect Megaman to lose. I mean I began to realize how Death Battle is completely wrong on their estimate of video game characters. Taking into account what happens in games, the logic of it and the fact that every game of that series is different, one has to know that you can't take what happens in games seriously and with logic at all. Yet they took everything they can find in different Megaman games to give Megaman an edge and has done this for other characters as well. That's completely bogus. There is inconsistencies in video games and for a good reason. In cutscenes the video game characters are treated in a canonical sense and can die from gunshots or stabs but in the game they have a life bar or HP and don't die from gunshots and stabs they clash in consistency and this is for good reason, in video games they change the laws and rules so the player can have a chance playing the game but in cutscenes or cinematics they make the character as what they really are. And the laws and rules of the video game character change when they are put into another game of the series or of a spin off. The reason why video game characters win almost all the time is because of this flawed estimation of them and taking every advantage they can figure out in different games they have been is completely unfair for characters that haven't been in many video games or any games at all.

Didn't make sense that Megaman had all those weapons. He would have had to have defeated all those robot masters to get them during that fight with Astro Boy. But he didn't so it made no sense for him to have all those weapons. The only thing he would have is his Mega Buster.

Even with just his mega buster, he should clock in at small planet level DC at the very least and multi-planet level durability. Not to mention MFTL combat speed. Astro Boy shouldn't have stood a chance.

Based on my comparison Megaman does lose in a straight fight because Astro Boy is a good bit stronger, faster and more durable.

From what I understand Megaman has better tech/weapons though.

Based on my comparison Megaman does lose in a straight fight because Astro Boy is a good bit stronger, faster and more durable.

From what I understand Megaman has better tech/weapons though.

Yes but he has to defeat those robots first before he fought. That's having prep time. A versus battle should not have prep time. Neither party knows when they are going to fight and who they're fighting.

Yes but he has to defeat those robots first before he fought. That's having prep time. A versus battle should not have prep time. Neither party knows when they are going to fight and who they're fighting.

And yet they are fighting and killing each other for no reason xD lol 

It would have been better if they decided to settle it the true MLP way, love and tolerance wherein they actually have a ceasefire and learn how to get along. MLP probably has a much bigger fanbase than Transformers, so there is a possibility that their polls for this battle was overwhelmed by Bronies, and they decided to go with the majority vote for more popularity. 

The major issue with this, outside love and tolerance most definitely not being  a mission statement of the entire fandom; it's called Death Battle. Characters have to die; it's quite literally their number one rule for these encounters.

Take the RD vs. Starscream one. I was actually surprised in the end. I am not a fan of Transformers in any way, however, I still think that RD would not have an easy chance against a transforming mecha-warrior who is designed to actually fight. All the mistakes made was on behalf of Starscream, and RD should have broken at least a couple of bones when Starscream managed to whack her away from him, cause, he is made of metal. And with the gattling gun style weapon Starscream was using, which is designed to fire more than a thousand rounds per minute and hit fast moving targets with as little accuracy as possible, RD would have an immense spray of bullets flying at her. 

You can really blame DB's piss poor fact checking for this. There's actually several different forms of Starscream, most of them having varying sets of power, and quite a few of them being able to completely trash Rainbow (See G1 Underbase  Starscream or Transformers Prime to see what I mean). However, it seems they not only stuck exclusively to G1, they used the G1 cartoon, in which Starscream was little than a whiny, over glorified jet. Given those circumstances, it would've been easy for Rainbow Dash to win, even if it wasn't legitimate.

• Brohoof 1

On another subject does anybody else agree that Gaara should've fought Crocodile from One Piece instead of Toph? Cuz I definitely think so.

Gaara is significantly fasterstronger, more intelligent, has better feats, can exert large amounts of force on individual grains of sand (can make fully functioning organs and detailed sand clones) has much better durability, chakra natures that Toph can't counter, overall much more experienced in fighting AND killing. (Gaara as a child has survived multiple assassination attempts from black ops ordered by his own father),  and is all around, in a completely different tier than Toph.

I also think that Toph's opponent should've been Terra from Teen Titans. That would've not only been alot more balanced but made alot more sense.

Edited by Asbel Lhant