Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why Walmart?

Celestial Panzerhund

Omygosh when i heard the commerical seriously my first thought was wtf ? Why would someon wanna go to walmart to trade games when walmart doesnt sell anything execpt popular new ones? I would much rather go to gamestop then walmart for my games i can get pre owned games and older games far better priced then what walmart would price them at.

I dont like the fact that walmart trying to take over the world its like chuckie cheese all over again.

Walmart is not the only major company that treats its employees like crap but the reason why it gets so much attention is it is one of the worst offenders. What also dosen't help is how Walmart and other corporations like it have nearly all the politicians, judges and regulators in their back pockets but that still dosen't change the fact that people actually do give these companies their business. Because all the companies that actually treat their employees like human beings are being chocked out it is getting harder and harder to find alternatives to places like Walmart but that still dosen't mean that I don't think we should at least try. We the people have far more power than we give ourselves credit for, if people made the decision to not shop at these places than they would have to change their practices to bring back customers.

• Brohoof 3

Walmart is an extremely powerful company...

Rich.... powerful.... greedy... and evil.

My mother works there and shes always telling me about the crap she has to put up with. Hell... they can make a television show based off all the drama that goes in that store. You got rumors spreading around the walls, favoritism between the managers and the employees, douche bag customers that throw merchandise on the floor and break open packages without paying for them, etc. I'm not sure how I can respond to the fact that they are trying to tackle game stop. I'm also not a fan of neither stores, but at least game stop seems to behave at a much more modest stance. Either way, my family never buys anything from Walmart.

Like most powerful companies, Walmart treats their employees like crap where they don't care whether they get sued or not. Walmart does this so that they could stand out in the competition of business, and have their employees work harder without getting payed very well. They are pretty greedy.

No way Wal-Mart is going to be able to compete with Gamestop.

Gamestop gives shit trade ins to begin with. I've boycotted Gamestop. I go to my local independently owned video game store.  Screw Gamestop. I'll never buy another game from them. So I don't really care if Wal-mart does take over Gamestop or whatever.My local game store has just as competitive pricing too....so it's not like my local game store is selling stuff higher than Gamestop.

They're both huge evil corporations.

Support your local businesses! 

Edited by xFlutterdash

I hate Wal-mart. I can honestly say that I do actually hate it.

Wal-Mart has repeatedly been caught in unfair practices and the employees are not paid fairly. The company itself is huge, but they do not make a regular practice of giving full time hours or benefits.

They have been known to buy from start up business. Then, when it is time to renew the contract, they cut the price they are willing to pay for the product so that in the end the small American business owner is no longer making a profit.

The unions are against Wal-Mart for a reason.

Walmart store openings destroy almost three local jobs for every two they create by reducing retail employment by an average of 2.7 percent in every county they enter.

Walmart cost America an estimated 196,000 jobs between 2001 and 2006 as a result of the company’s imports from China.

These facts alone make me hate Wal-mart.

Sorry, I know his isn't about video games but I needed to rant a bit.

They should be shut down by what they do. Its fine that it isn't about your talking about, the whole point about this thread is to talk about how bad Walmart is.

• Brohoof 1

Walmart is turning into the new Disney. We're all screwed.

img-2438263-1-_dsc7091-e6b20885c0d216e51

My good sir.......you have officially made my day.  Excellent point.  

Maybe Walmart will buy back video games for at least half of what they are worth..

But yeah, Walmart is becoming ALLmart; a company that put every business out of business (lol) prior to becoming a monopoly.

I don't really have a deep hatred for Walmart since I'm very passive about certain things like this one.

Edited by Super80 Wolf

Meh, let supply and demand work as it will. If any country should deal with the Walmart monster, it's America, land of the FREE to do whatever the hay we want, even if it hurts us in the end. We should celebrate that "yolo" spirit of America, where we do stuff for short-term pleasure. It's fun!

Because Wal-mart wants to eliminate anything that they see as competition. 

When there's competition the consumer has a choice to shop from store x or store y. If store Y has better service than store X, than people won't go to Store X to shop. If people aren't going to store X because Store Y is providing a better service, Store X must strive to be better than Store Y so people will shop with them. 

When there is no competition (Wal-mart's idea of paradise), a company can pretty much do what they want because the consumer has no other choice of a place to shop.