Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Sweetie Belle calling her Luna instead of Princess Luna

Never2muchpinkie

This was a bit of a minor thing that bothered me, of Sweetie Belle calling Luna without her title with the exception of when she first appeared. I guess it just bugs me because in Hearts and Hooves day they call their teacher MISS Cheerilee, so you'd think she'd be more respectful to someone of a much higher position of power. I

With how little screen time or involvement Luna has in the show, she is probably just happy Sweetie Belle didn't call her Nightmare Moon.

This.

Possibly also the fact that Luna showed up in the middle of Sweetie Belle's dreams. There's the shock factor which might make Sweetie forget titles like 'Princess'. There's also the fact that it's a pretty intimate place to meet someone, in your own head. On a subconscious level Sweetie might have interpreted this as knowing the Princess well enough to be on a first name basis, as it were.

• Brohoof 1

i think Luna is on that level, where she doesn't really like all the "royal formalities" like being referred to by title (her niece Cadence, and Twilight of course, are the same way, remember) and if you think back to "Luna Eclipsed" she DID tell everypony in Ponyville to call her by name instead of being formal.

• Brohoof 2

The fact that (best) Princess Luna has been away for 1000 years means it is likely that the title of Princess has become associated with Celestia, even though Luna also holds the title. Additionally, we all know what kids are like, and it is entirely possible that either out of shock or excitement Sweetie Belle simply forgot, and Luna, being chill (as Equestrian Royalty seems to be), didn't really care to correct her. Additionally, it seems that when she walks in Ponies' dreams, she is more motherly than "royal".

• Brohoof 3

Luna was in Sweetie Belle's dreams/nightmares which is in her own personal space/domain. It would seem more disrespectful to the dreamer for Luna to demand they announce her by title.

She is a filly still. Just like our pups, she isn't old enough to understand proper titles. Sure she knows who the princesses are and what the title means but at that age it means little. For example, say she and best pony and big sister Rarity meet Luna in person, Ra-ra would have to remind sweete to bow.

Rarity is the self empossed refined member of her family, but sb is not, look at there clearly minnesota "oh yah" parents. Mom is maken a hotdish and dads watching football types.

Luna was in Sweetie Belle's dreams/nightmares which is in her own personal space/domain. It would seem more disrespectful to the dreamer for Luna to demand they announce her by title.

yes, since Luna is kinda mind raping sweetie belle, it would be rather rude. This isn't meant to be sarcastic or anything by the way, in case it seems like it is.
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

yes, since Luna is kinda mind raping sweetie belle, it would be rather rude. This isn't meant to be sarcastic or anything by the way, in case it seems like it is.

It's National Security Agency controversy level. Luna (a government official) is doing is the most intrusive form of surveillance possible.

Surveillance is the monitoring of the behavior, activities, or other changing information, usually of people for the purpose of influencing, managing, directing, or protecting them.

Edited by Singe
  • Brohoof 1

It's National Security Agency controversy level. Luna (a government official) is doing is the most intrusive form of surveillance possible.

Surveillance is the monitoring of the behavior, activities, or other changing information, usually of people for the purpose of influencing, managing, directing, or protecting them.

No, its rape through the mind during sleep.

Ponies have referred to Princess Celestia without her title on a few occasions too. I don't think they really care for formalities in general anyway.

This is why I don't see it as too much of an issue, and I believe they have also called Cheerilee by her name while omitting the 'Miss' on occasion as well.

And I think Twilight and the girls seldom call Cadance 'princess', unless speaking to a third party. (Not counting 'A Canterlot Wedding')

• Brohoof 1

Rape implies not wanting it.

Sweetie: "Princess Luna, thank you for what you did!" 

I don't want to do the longer, better response, because I'm lazy.

Fair enough if you don't wanna do the long response, I'm not trying to start an argument, just a bit of fun (I know rape is no laughing matter though). But It does seem a bit rapey her just going into sweetie belles dream like that. I haven't seen that episode yet though.
  • Brohoof 1

Fair enough if you don't wanna do the long response, I'm not trying to start an argument, just a bit of fun (I know rape is no laughing matter though). But It does seem a bit rapey her just going into sweetie belles dream like that. I haven't seen that episode yet though.

Oh, I know. I'm still lazy though.

I'm off from college on only Thursdays (I have online classes on the weekend). So yea, that's why I'm like this today.

cause thursday is a lazy day :P
  • Brohoof 1

Surveillance is the correct term. Luna is monitoring Sweetie Belle's dreams and has access to memories. Then Luna uses that for the purpose of directing/influencing her

i think Luna is on that level, where she doesn't really like all the "royal formalities" like being referred to by title (her niece Cadence, and Twilight of course, are the same way, remember) and if you think back to "Luna Eclipsed" she DID tell everypony in Ponyville to call her by name instead of being formal.

Indeed she did! I loved how hard she had to try to not scare everypony throughout it though.

(edited)

Throwing little fillies into a nightmare is kind of a mind rape. Wait, Sweetie Belle called the dark princess by her title as she begged her to be released from it.

Edited by Gary S.

See I don't get this mentality, why should one have to refer to someone with their title when they address them? I don't give a shit if they're royalty, I'll call them by their name because it's quicker and I don't see the point of calling them by their title+their  actual name.

So that being said I don't have a problem with Sweetie Belle referring to her as just Luna, well that and I don't recall it ever being established as a requirement of ponyvillians to refer to their princesses as such.