Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Season 3 Awesomeness.

So the show was amazing right from the start but i feel like with the season 2 finale then going into season 3 is where the show really hit its stride. Between the changelings, crystal empire, dozens of pinkie pies, and see what young rarity and AJ would look like, you just cant beat that. Thoughts?

• Brohoof 2

I liked most of S3. I didn't enjoy very few episodes, only about three. The fact that Scootalove was made canon, and we got more Discord, also greatly helped.

It was definitely a short but sweet season. It has some of my favorite songs too, though most of them come from Magical Mystery Cure. They really should have made it a two-parter or a movie or something so it wasn't just a bunch of songs but the songs themselves were AMAZING. Especially Twilight's song "What Should I Do?" Easily my favorite song in the franchise.

• Brohoof 1

I saw this title of this topic and immediately followed it with "doesn't exist"

Personally, I dread that season. No Rarity episode is, of course, my biggest gripe, but she had shoddy characterization that whole season. Also, that season spawned Corey Powell, who I will hate forever if she screws up Rarity's characterization again this Saturday.

Also, keep in mind that the season itself created such an uproar with the Twilicorn fiasco that it just about ripped the fandom in two, and left many Bronies hurt.

Also, where do I begin on the episodes? It was just so...awful. I refer to S3 as "the gap between S2 and S4," because I really wish it wasn't a season.

Such a shame, too; 3 is such a darling number :D 

I found most of the season to be lackluster, but not overly terrible. While it did do only a few things right, it didn't really do a whole mess terrible either. Well sort of the most rushed act 3 I have ever witnessed in a season finale, and the whole EqG thing that followed. I feel like it was just a lack luster season, that was followed by some of the biggest uproar this fandom as yet experienced.

Yes a thread dedicated to S3's awesomeness. Definitely does not get enough love imo

It had a couple problems(lack of Rarity episode, lackluster finale, the return of Trixie) but everything else was great, excellent season for RD and AJ, a Fluttershy episode where she isn't a complete doormat, I loved Pinkie Pie(apparently I'm one of the very few people who preferred her here than in S2), Scootalove's canon, more Discord, great Rarity moments despite not having an episode, and I love how Spike was credited as the hero in the opener

When I first heard late last year than many fans weren't happy with S3, I was like, "Whuuuut???" :blink: because I thought it was pretty good. But like I've said in other threads, I started watching the show just before S3 began, so S3 was my first "live" season, with lots of S1 and S2 episodes mixed between. So it could have all blended together, I suppose, in terms of quality for me.

S2 still has the best opener and closer episodes, however. :) S3's opener and closer was good, too (in fact MMC was great IMO). Overall though I've enjoyed a higher percentage of the S4 episodes compared to the percentage of S1, S2, and S3 eps. For me it's because the stories have focused more on character interaction than seasons past.

Season 3 was the pinnacle for Rainbow Dash -- she was firmly my favorite pony during season 3.  She lost it in season 4 and Fluttershy took the mantle -- I just love her singing in Filli Vanilli. 

Season 3 was overall quite good. 

I thought season three was adequate. Definitely not my favorite season (that goes to season two), but it had some really good episodes, like Sleepless in Ponyville and Keep Calm and Flutter On.

What was all the contraversy about? Sorry im new to the herd and online forums.

Season three is hated for some pretty ridiculous reasons:

1. 13 episodes instead of 26
2. No Rarity episodes

(Because, clearly, these things matter in a story)

and 3. Twilicorn. Whinefest 2013 right there.

• Brohoof 1

I don't find it as bad as everyone claims it is. Sure it's not as good as season 2, but it still was a sweet watch. 

There's actually only a few episodes I don't like

One Bad Apple: I hate bullying stories but catchy song

Spike at your Service: This would've been better if Applejack was replaced with Rarity like originally intended then Spike's actions would've been justified due to having a crush on her

Just For Sidekicks: SPIKE ABUSE IS NOT FUNNY! Also this one made me hate Angel.

And that's it. I still find it a great season with my favorites being Too Many Pinkie Pies, The Crystal Empire, Sleepless in Ponyville and Wonderbolts Academy.