Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is this fandom filled with Bandwagons?

Mywas

Everything in the universe has a ton of bandwagons in it. It's gotten to the point where trying your hardest to not be on a bandwagon is in and of itself a bandwagon. The way humanity works, we naturally converge onto things others are doing. And there's only so much in this world to do in the first place, so there is always bound to be overlap with others interests. It helps bring people together, it's not a bad thing!

• Brohoof 7

One of my blogs is 'Shift does a bandwagon'.

I bandwagon sometimes, but most of the times I have very unpopular opinions.

• Brohoof 2

Considerng how many fans practically rely on the analysts to determine the quality of certain things for them rather than form their own opinions,(i.e. this episode sucks, digibrony/tommyoliver/randomjackoff says so), I'd say yes.

But in the end of the day, every fandom has bandwagons so it's nothing new

Considerng how many fans practically rely on the analysts to determine the quality of certain things for them rather than form their own opinions,(i.e. this episode sucks, digibrony/tommyoliver/randomjackoff says so), I'd say yes.

But in the end of the day, every fandom has bandwagons so it's nothing new

How about when someone asks the bandwagoner why the episode sucks and they just quote the review? Yeah real original guys

Yes, every fandom does as that is human nature in general but there are also a lot of people in this fandom like myself who aren't bandwaggoners and just like what we like.

A little yes. 

But I have argued with other fans over things and stuff, so have many other Bronies with me. We're not a hivemind.

Maud Pie, Coco Pommel, and Cheese Sandwich all got their own bandwagon just this season :D

It's not just our fandom,  or any fandom in general; bandwagons exist everywhere. 

You're best bet is to form your own opinions about things  :D

• Brohoof 1

Implying bandwagons are a bad thing.... :lol:

If you like something, you like it. Few get into a fandom purely because everyone else is doing it. Everyone else doing it can inspire you to get it a go but that won't change how you feel about it.

• Brohoof 2

Isn't avoiding bandwagons a bandwagon itself?

Opinions will converge, people will have common points, so while there may be a little bandwagoning for the sake of bandwagoning, it seems to be largely a meeting of common interest than blindly following whatever is popular. Popular things are sometimes popular for a reason.

• Brohoof 3

Kind of. Some of them don't bother me, others quite a bit.

Mainly I'm not a fan of mindless hatewagons - "X episode sucks, don't watch it OR ELS U BAD BRONEE", "X writer sucks for writing Y episode, RIDICULE THEM INCESSANTLY", "new movie/toy line/fan animation/whatever? QUICK, JUDGE IT BEFORE WE'VE EVEN GIVEN IT A CHANCE!", "ew, cloppers/grimdark readers/etc. aren't REAL bronies!", blah de-friggin' blah - but every fandom succumbs to such hatewagons at some point, so it's nothing I can single out this fandom for.

As far as bandwagons of a more positive nature, I rarely find one that singularly irritates me. As long as people are having fun, right? We ARE all having FUN, aren't we? :okiedokielokie:

Edited by The Thrashy One
  • Brohoof 5

Kind of. Some of them don't bother me, others quite a bit.

Mainly I'm not a fan of mindless hatewagons - "X episode sucks, don't watch it OR ELS U BAD BRONEE", "X writer sucks for writing Y episode, RIDICULE THEM INCESSANTLY", "new movie/toy line/fan animation/whatever? QUICK, JUDGE IT BEFORE WE'VE EVEN GIVEN IT A CHANCE!", "ew, cloppers/grimdark readers/etc. aren't REAL bronies!", blah de-friggin' blah - but every fandom succumbs to such hatewagons at some point, so it's nothing I can single out this fandom for.

As far as bandwagons of a more positive nature, I rarely find one that singularly irritates me. As long as people are having fun, right? We ARE all having FUN, aren't we? :okiedokielokie:

Yes I do like Fire, Uranium bombs and No survivors. :D

Edited by Discordian
  • Brohoof 1

Implying bandwagons are a bad thing.... :lol:

I don't think bandwagons are bad at all. I think the problem though is that I feel that the fandom has more negative bandwagons(or hatewagons as Thrashy put it) over good ones

Haha, already posted here but I shall post again, if I am on any band wagon People would probably consider me on th Dashie bandwaggon of all things! :yay: