Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Carbon Maestro

I know some people who refer to others as everypony, and yes, I do think that's bizarre and here's why.

When I refer to the main 6 for example, I use "everypony" because it refers to just the 6 ponies. Everypony here has a face shot.

The-main-6-my-little-pony-friendship-is-

But when I talk to other bronies or pegasisters, I refer to them as everybody because technically they aren't ponies.

There is that fine line where you might have exceptions like roleplaying games where sometimes I might use the occasional everypony here and there.

So that's what I think. What are your thoughts? Do you use the term everypony casually in your personal life with family, friends, or amongst bronies? Or do you stick with the term everybody even with your fellow bronies?

The more important question is, cispony or transpony?

It's just a bit too childish for me, hearing it from real people's mouths. I don't personally do it and none of the bronies I do IRL do it except for ironic purposes.

• Brohoof 3

It's just a bit too childish for me, hearing it from real people's mouths. I don't personally do it and none of the bronies I do IRL do it except for ironic purposes.

Haha true. I remember when a brony actually mailed Hasbro using terms like "Everypony" and suddenly the seriousness of the letter dropped faster than Rarity in the Young Flier's competition.

• Brohoof 2

I've never used the term "everypony" in real-life, but I did use it a lot back in the day (which was circa 2011 :P) with fellow bronies online. Today, I don't use the word anymore, unless I'm in an RP with somepony someone.

On forums or at a Con, i tend to use both.  However, outside in public, I always say everybody.  Its also to avoid embarrassment, :blush:

I think it sounds dumb for anything that doesn't involve ponies

Edited by Randy Marsh

Everybody, for me.

Even when talking about ponies, I say "everyone" and "people" (because, since they are the dominant sentient species, they're technically people).

I do think it's pretty weird when people refer to others as "ponies" and "everypony".

Edited by Dattebayo
  • Brohoof 1

I talk pony when I get frustrated in public like saying "What in the name of Celistia are you thinking/doing" or "Why is everypony so gggrrrrrrrr" or "What the hay are you doing" and I speak pony in roleplays too

We'll i like to call people who are fan's of mlp as everypony.Once i said everypony but this girl who is Jani we'll i am not gonna say her whole first name because she might come here and reply to it and arguing.Also she saids not everybody are ponies.

Uh i know not everybody are ponies i just like to call mlp fans as Everypony.I say everybody more since that incident.

That's my thoughts.

Depends if you are talking about a group of ponies or not.  If you are not talking about a group of ponies, it is everybody.  Same thing goes in equestria if you were talking about a mixed group of ponies, griffons, and dragons.

Still seeing a lot of new bronies using everypony. It's interesting, the longer you're in the fandom the less likely you'll use it all the time haha.

There is a consensus that it's a bit embarrassing using everypony in public. We're not too fanatical about that at least, phew.

I think it's fine for roleplays and such but I've never been in one so.. it tends to slip out of my mouth from time to time though.  I may use it occasionally on this site for the heck of it. :P

I use it when I'm on the internet and referring to characters in the show, because saying something like "everybody in Equestria" sounds weird to me. Which means I've probably watched way too much ponies.

I always use "everybody". I have never ever seen a context in which to use "everypony". If there were one, it'd be roleplaying, but I do not roleplay.

This is another little thing that tells me I'm not as obsessed with this show as the rest of you are. lol

I use it in my fanfics because it is how they address each other of course other than that and maybe the occasional time where I almost accidently said "everypony" instead of "everybody" or "everyone" I mostly use it when I am referring to the ponies from the show.

I use "everypony" only when discussing the characters from the show and come across a need to use that word :D

Other than that, I just use "everybody." I don't think I'm talking to ponies when I'm talking to other bronies on the internet, right? :D 

Everypony when talking about ponies, everybody when talking about bronies. Otherwise it can be confusing.

By the way, it's very helpful to make the difference with only 2 letters.

Edited by Blobulle

(edited)

I say everybody, but it doesn't really matter. Saying "Everypony" is just a part of Brony culture so to speak, so I have no problem with it.

Edited by Rivendare