Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Using "Auto-Save"?

Adorkable
Go to solution Solved by NavelColt,

To briefly cover my question, after typing for a short while, long or short post, I'll notice a little line of text appear at the bottom left of my text box, usually saying "Last auto saved" and then the time.

I'm just wondering, what exactly is this feature? I'm getting the idea that it saves what you have written down, then if you're accidently redirected to a previous page or so on, it will save your text so you can load it back.

Do I have this down right? If so, how exactly do I use it? Sometimes while typing a mighty wall-o-text, my page will randomly "back" to the previous one, losing every bit of what I just typed.

Thanks for the help! :)

I'm getting the idea that it saves what you have written down, then if you're accidently redirected to a previous page or so on, it will save your text so you can load it back.

That's pretty much exactly what it does. It automatically saves what you've written every few minutes or so. To get the option to restore the auto-saved text, just click on the words 'View Auto Saved Content' and it should be able to recover what you've written. Though, it seems to only allow you to do this if you have indeed clicked away and then returned to the page. Which makes sense, I guess. :P

• Brohoof 1

If I don't remember bad,the Auto-Save saves your posts between cycles of 15 minutes or so...

But i've never tested how it works personally,so I can't tell you how it works :3

It's as you described, it's a built in auto-save thing that saves every handful of minutes. Just go back to the page cia your browser history or using the back or forward keys if it's only one page away, and you should have it there avaliable for you. I don't recall if it's already in the text box, or if you have to click the text where 'Auto saved' is to access the logs, but either or, it should normally be there.

It's not full-proof though, there are always glitches and ways of it not working through any number of factors utterly out of anyone's control. If you're making big-ass posts, constantly copy your work thus far so it doesn't end up exploding into obvlivion. Ask @@Zoop, he knows all about the woes of deleted work from page jumps, and having to learn the hard way to be paranoid about saving constantly :3

• Brohoof 1

It's as you described, it's a built in auto-save thing that saves every handful of minutes. Just go back to the page cia your browser history or using the back or forward keys if it's only one page away, and you should have it there avaliable for you. I don't recall if it's already in the text box, or if you have to click the text where 'Auto saved' is to access the logs, but either or, it should normally be there.

It's not full-proof though, there are always glitches and ways of it not working through any number of factors utterly out of anyone's control. If you're making big-ass posts, constantly copy your work thus far so it doesn't end up exploding into obvlivion. Ask @@Zoop, he knows all about the woes of deleted work from page jumps, and having to learn the hard way to be paranoid about saving constantly :3

Thanks, CD. That pretty much answers my question! :)

I also appreciate everyone else's help as well! :)

• Brohoof 1

• 6 years later...

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We have confirmed the issue and were able to resolve it quickly. We will be marking this as closed.